Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Growing Worth of (super) Sam Baldock - feature.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
No match reports to write in this never-ending international break. So I wrote something about Sam Baldock instead. With special full-colour artwork!

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?646-The-growing-worth-of-Super-Sam-Baldock

With a more than respectable goal return now added, Baldock’s confidence is sky-high, and as a result he’s simply striking the ball better than at any time with the club. He rarely scores an average goal – his 11 to date this term include rockets with both feet, and a terrific header to boot – something few knew he had in his armoury. He also has a golden knack of contributing not just good goals, but absolutely crucial ones. Not a single one of his contributions have been the icing on the cake of a comfortable win – he’s scored the opening goal in six games, an equaliser in three more, and the clinching second twice.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Steve Sidwell will and probably should win the goal of the season, especially with the celebration and everything surrounding that goal. But Baldock's against QPR is my goal of the season. The touch away from the defender makes me squeal every time I see it, and the way he thumps it with his left foot into the top corner is incredible. Love the bloke.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Steve Sidwell will and probably should win the goal of the season, especially with the celebration and everything surrounding that goal. But Baldock's against QPR is my goal of the season. The touch away from the defender makes me squeal every time I see it, and the way he thumps it with his left foot into the top corner is incredible. Love the bloke.

I was right behind the goal for that, it was liquid poetry.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Mine too. Terrific goal.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'd forgotten just how good that goal was, but I still prefer the one he scored against Reading, which illustrates so many qualities that Super Sam possesses, and his detractors refuse to recognise: not just running but very precise, intelligent running; speed; brilliant first touch; strength; devastating finish.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wonder what his shots to goals ratio is? Must be pretty high.

I suspect it's very high, but that suspicion might just be undermined by something that Exile said in that report, which is that Baldock's got the most shots in of any support striker in the Championship. My biggest criticism of him is not his finishing (which others leveled at him, but less so of late) but the fact that he doesn't get himself in the position to accept chances. But, again, I may well be wrong on this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That artwork is OUTSTANDING.

Article's great too.

DunkOnAYellow #BuyMoreTat

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports