Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Being a contrarian has it's advantages.

Although the facts about Big Jurg were there, for all those that wanted too, see.

Anyone slagging off a centre forward playing for Hughton's Albion away at Man City and Liverpool, clearly haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

one-swallow-doesnt-make-summer-64abc.png

Deffo better tho :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t you just love NSC when you have a different opinion! You must be drunk, pissed, blind, fishing and that’s just the nicer barbs! Some people get so upset they flounce off. And then...the naughtier elements arrive and start getting personal. I can see their sweet little beetroot faces getting all pickled over, over what exactly? Saying One swallow doesn’t make a summer amongst the cease-fire up that until now everyone bar SB (if he’s to be believed :)) has been blazing away at for 18 other games? I for one love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning. The Jury for me is still out. Now, keep it civil...

Beetroot faces who can’t accept that [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] has a differing opinion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ok. And you’re not?

No, I haven’t been deliberately offensive. Unless of course you can’t handle someone thinking lots of his game was poor in a common with others wasn’t exactly great in a neither great game. And even then, you do the taking offence bit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Although the facts about Big Jurg were there, for all those that wanted too, see.

Anyone slagging off a centre forward playing for Hughton's Albion away at Man City and Liverpool, clearly haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

Do you think he’ll now go on a scoring run and become th player we all hoped for? I’ve news for you if so...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Oh absolutely.
His second half v Bournemouth proves that.

But that's still a long way from 'not even a footballer' 'If Locadia scores... ' 'just a DJ' and all the rest of the moronic shite Albion 'fans' have been desperate to write about him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I was an eye witness at Anfield and we played well that day. Just look at the results others are now getting there. Didn’t see us at City but hey, surely expectations were low

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you think he’ll now go on a scoring run and become th player we all hoped for? If news for you if so...

I hope he will continue to prove ALL the haters wrong.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thanks for the explanation about what my point was.

Its hard but I’m coping.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was talking about Dolphin friendly or whatever name was as you were talking about...oh never mind, just keep up at the back if you’re going to join in :thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
No, I haven’t been deliberately offensive. Unless of course you can’t handle someone thinking lots of his game was poor in a common with others wasn’t exactly great in a neither great game. And even then, you do the taking offence bit.

Suggest that you re read responses to this thread.
FWIW I spent a number of years in the armed forces where taking the piss or having the piss ripped out of you was a daily occurrence, so no I don’t generally take offence. You on the other hand .......

He had a good game, which is also the consensus on this thread. This is backed up on the match ratings thread. People disagree with you and you don’t like it.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Right now I know many will not agree with me but Locardia and Bernardo both had great personal games but not a great game as a pair compaire to the other side of the park where Motoya and March appeared to be in complete sink one moved the other followed

Absolutely spot on......

.....I don’t agree with you.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Outfield MOTM today.

Took his (lucky) goal brilliantly. Brilliant first touch on more than one ocassion and was a constant danger. Fingers crossed today is the day that kick starts his Albion career. Could be a big performance in the long run.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Thought Locadia was excellent today. He played some beautiful passes across the field and also did the simple stuff right. For a striker who hasn't scored in the PL since arriving 12 months ago, his goal was cooly taken. Intercepted so many passes. His missed chance late on was difficult and on his left (presumably weaker?) foot. Well done big Jurgs!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Suggest that re read responses to this thread.
FWIW I spent a number of years in the armed forces where taking the piss or having the piss ripped out of you was a daily occurrence, so no I don’t generally take offence. You on the other hand tend .......

He had a good game, which is the consensus on this thread. This is backed up on the match ratings thread. People disagree with you and you don’t like it.

Thanks for your life story but fail to see how that adds anything here. Cutting floor debris. Anyway, I know what the consensus is thank you and I disagree. Bit like Churchill in 30’s which you should understand, you know, being a navy snail or whatever you were. As for “don’t like”, you’ve come on here to read other opinions and engage in. It’s not about “you don’t like”, you’re the one reading far too much into my replies. I merely remain unconvinced and If anything I’m being courtesious by correcting your barbs amongst others rather than leave them as unfounded accusations.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
His body language suggests that he is low on morale but his goal, performance and rapport with the crowd on his substitution will give him the confidence boost he needs. He was big money and it probably weighs heavy on his shoulders. People should get off his back and give him a chance to blossom. He is a good age to keep learning and progressing. He looked pretty good coming in from wide today, well done .hughton on his selections today. A good point leaves us well placed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Outfield MOTM today.

Took his (lucky) goal brilliantly. Brilliant first touch on more than one ocassion and was a constant danger. Fingers crossed today is the day that kick starts his Albion career. Could be a big performance in the long run.

Fingers crossed

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
For the first time he showed evidence of being a bit of a talent.
His touch was decent, he had presence and was direct on the ball
He can be laxidasical which won’t cut it in this league, but finally some reason to hope.
It was a beautiful Amex moment when he got a big ovation. I hope he enjoyed it

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
still some way short of looking like a £15m player , but for the first time he showed evidence of being a bit of a talent.
His touch was decent and generally was exciting.
I hope he enjoyed the big ovation and this is the start of the good stuff

Careful with that judgement...but yes, hopefully the start of something good

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Thanks for your life story but fail to see how that adds anything here. Cutting floor debris. Anyway, I know what the consensus is thank you and I disagree. Bit like Churchill in 30’s which you should understand, you know, being a navy snail or whatever you were. As for “don’t like”, you’ve come on here to read other opinions and engage in. It’s not about “you don’t like”, you’re the one reading far too much into my replies. I merely remain unconvinced and If anything I’m being courtesious by correcting your barbs amongst others rather than leave them as unfounded accusations.

I’ll stick to my original comments. You don’t like people disagreeing with you and get a sad on when this happens. Locadia had a good game, you say he was crap, people disagree and you don’t like it.

Navy snail is a new one on me but happy to be corrected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here