Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I know that was hard to take but there are some definite positives from tonight:

1. A real team performance that showed the players are definitely willing to fight for our survival. Also positive that tonight included a number of new signings who were also prepared for a fight and not just the old regular championship team. No way the manager has lost the dressing room.
2. The goal difference didn’t take a dent meaning it looks increasingly likely to be worth an extra point.
3. The team now know what is required to get a point away at Arsenal, a game we had all written off.

That extra point would have been great but it’s clear we are up for this and will battle to the end, something I worried we couldn’t do. Let’s not hear any more chat about Cardiff wanting this more than us. That’s nonsense from what we have seen in the last two games.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Despite the late goal I thought it was a really gritty performance and good to see some excellent defending again. Tonight anything would have been a bonus , Newcastle is the big one

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Our away support.

There in numbers again tonight, despite being served up negative football at almost every single away game for the last two seasons.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Yves Bissouma.
Defending top draw
And so far there's no "Hughton in/out post spurs" thread

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We had 1 shot on target this evening.

That's 1 more than we did against Wolves.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I managed to get from the Stadium to the tube carriage at Seven Sisters in 15 minutes.

It was a lower scoring defeat to Spurs than that lot up the road managed.

Andone looks a threat and MUST start against Newcastle.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We to need get the club to forget the nice bollocks and turn the Amex into a hostile cauldron. Screw Newcastle, **** the niceties, Passion passion passion. Knuckle duster on Gully but worship GOD the Shyster. Big him up show his best stand up routines on the screen (including the mole catching sketch). Play Funky Moped.

That should do it.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We need get the club to forget the nice bollocks and turn the Amex into a hostile cauldron. Screw Newcastle, **** the niceties, Passion passion passion. Knuckle duster on Gully but worship GOD the Shyster. Big him up show his best stand up routines on the screen (including the mole catching sketch). Play Funky Moped.

That should do it.

This. And drop the local beer nonsense, sell them Carling

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unfortunately corporate pl football is like that, far too polite and nice.

Personally these are not a quality side, they're a bunch of ***** and we're better, and we will nail their tits to the table and win . . . . Although we don't have to be 'burnley' about having a 'can do' attitude. It is possible without being ********s, racists, bigots and all round Farages Oh, and our seagull shat on your blue sky thinking!

We need get the club to forget the nice bollocks and turn the Amex into a hostile cauldron. Screw Newcastle, **** the niceties, Passion passion passion. Knuckle duster on Gully but worship GOD the Shyster. Big him up show his best stand up routines on the screen (including the mole catching sketch). Play Funky Moped.

That should do it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've been rehearsing (band) this evening, so missed it all . . . . Was it a whole shot? Or just a half?

Credit where it's due, it was a whole shot.

With a current average of 1 shot on target every 2 games, there is a nagging concern that we've used up Saturday's rations already.

Let's hope Chris allows the Albion players a greater allocation for this weekend.

It doesn't have to be permanent. Just a one-off basis for now.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We did not get a player sent off, despite Andone doing his best to rough up the opposition. It was good to see some agression and niggly play from him, but I was getting worried.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here