Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Totenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Talksport.
" I have never seen a side defend so much and so deep as Brighton".
If we stay up I don't give a shit but this can't happen next season as well.

This can’t happen next season. A fresh approach and change in management is needed as the rot has set in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Defending with a lot of substance. Even carrying a breakaway threat.

Must note that folk who complain about other teams who time waste and are cynical need think about that when looking at some of our play tonight. Andone, who I think is a talented player, is lucky to be on the pitch. This sort of thing could cost us dear.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Talksport.

It's clearly not sustainable. Fair play to everyone though, Saturday and the first half here has been SO much better than the recent shit.
But you're absolutely right. We cannot go into next season with this approach.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Have that, Hotspurs!

Screenshot_2019-04-23 Brighton Hove Albion - Homepage.png

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Surprised to see both the Beeb and Guardian saying it's an entertaining match. I'm stuck on a night shift with radio only. How is it for you viewers?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So hard to watch but this is how it must be. This is why part of me hates this league - I want to see games of football involving us...!

But hats off to our lads.

Locadia very frustrating to watch right up to his body language. I’d give silly the 2nd half. Andone needs to calm it although a lot of his fouls and his card came from the ref allowing the crowd to referee this.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Must note that folk who complain about other teams who time waste and are cynical need think about that when looking at some of our play tonight. Andone, who I think is a talented player, is lucky to be on the pitch. This sort of thing could cost us dear.

He is fantastic. Just wish he had a more attacking side to play in.

D

Deleted member 2719

Andone has been an excellent outlet and taken pressure off and been a handful.
Vertonghen lucky not to be off for a forearm in Andones face.
Although we are deep we have hope with our break, nice to see Andone has support tonight and he is not isolated.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
So far so good ... been a bit lucky & long may that last. Spurs do look open to the quick counter but in all honesty I would take a point now.

Clean sheet is the aim , nick a goal at other end is the dream ... fingers legs eyes and everything else crossable is crossed.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What is this sky campaign to get Andone off? He got booked for his first foul and since then they've been showing every replay they can. Vertonghan smashes him twice in the head and all we get is a quick replay and no comment from the commentators. That said he needs to be careful with the way he goes into challenges.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Riding our luck a little but some great defensive play and we also look vaguely threatening going forward. Can’t expect more but you never know....

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Surprised to see both the Beeb and Guardian saying it's an entertaining match. I'm stuck on a night shift with radio only. How is it for you viewers?

I've been up since half 4 and I'm normally in bed now, it's exciting enough to keep me awake, however the stress of watching us defend for our lives for another 45 minutes is probably going to give me a heart attack.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Talksport.

If we stay up, I'll be hoping we stay up next season too. Little improvements season by season, hopefully, but we're not going to be top ten overnight.

This can’t happen next season.
Yes it can - and will do if necessary.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Whilst I appreciate we have time wasted a fair bit, I’d say it doesn’t come close to Cardiff’s shambolic antics the other night or Burnley last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here