Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds....

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’d prefer Sheffield Utd to go up. If only to piss the massive off. Hate them.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
What I don’t get is why does it matter if some clubs are ‘bigger’ or historically more successful than others? Where do we draw the timeline to decide these things? Leeds happen to be big, probably because it’s a decent sized town with a single club, but that doesn’t give them any more rights than any other club.

I didn’t choose my club based on its size and history (no BHA fan did), I chose it because it’s my local club and my old man is a supporter. Most of us have our opinions coloured by our experiences, and it doesn’t take much to get a dislike for a particular club. I don’t really mind Burnley cos a good friend of mine is a huge fan. Etc.

I only know a couple of Leeds fans and whilst they are both alright, one is utterly convinced that them Prem will be a totally different beast when Leeds get back there. THAT is the type of mentality that quite a few Leeds fans seem to have, and you see it on their forum and in media all over the place. I don’t think you’d find many Brighton fans quite that deluded. We know we aren’t bringing much to the table, and likely never will. THAT is why you see these threads. It seems much more common with Leeds, and nearly all my football loving mates dislike them for a similar reason.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

West Ham punch above their weight, for a club with zero success, yet their fans are hated .... can’t be just London rivals with that huge stat.

But never any anti Chelsea or ManU threads on NSC, despite the nationwide feeling.

4A316E2F-0766-4159-960D-463B53114995.png

Jimmy Grimble

West Ham punch above their weight, for a club with zero success, yet their fans are hated .... can’t be just London rivals with that huge stat.

But never any anti Chelsea or ManU threads on NSC, despite the nationwide feeling.

View attachment 108085

I think because there’s been no recent ill feeling or ongoing competition between us and those teams.

Up until the last 2 seasons we had been playing Leeds regularly with both teams on a fairly level playing field aiming for the same goal, so ill feeling definitely has potential to arise. Especially when you consider the actions of their players and fans when we’ve played them in certain games. Diouf and the ‘you’ll fook it up’ spring to mind.

Anyone who was in the away end for that game with 20,000 Leeds fans revelling in the prospect of us potentially bottling it, has more than enough right to have a good laugh at them actually bottling it!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think because there’s been no recent ill feeling or ongoing competition between us and those teams.

Up until the last 2 seasons we had been playing Leeds regularly with both teams on a fairly level playing field aiming for the same goal, so ill feeling definitely has potential to arise. Especially when you consider the actions of their players and fans when we’ve played them in certain games. Diouf and the ‘you’ll fook it up’ spring to mind.

Anyone who was in the away end for that game with 20,000 Leeds fans revelling in the prospect of us potentially bottling it, has more than enough right to have a good laugh at them actually bottling it!

I wonder if the 10.2% against Plucky is all Southampton and Albion fans?

Funny to see little old Cardiff disliked by a disproportionately high number of fans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leeds are a club I just don't really like very much, and never have.

As such, when I'm listening to 5Live whilst walking the dog and I hear they are 2-0 down at Brentford, having also stuffed things up a few days earlier, I had a little snigger and I was happy to share the communal laughing-at-Leeds going on here.

My life is not so full that I can't spare a minute or two for trivialities like this, and it's not detracting my main footballing focus that is the Albion.

Maybe you like every single other football club. Maybe you have never taken a small bit of enjoyment when another club has had a misfortune. If so, you're probably the only football supporter who has ever been like that, but good for you.

No, he's a bit of a twerp who writes endless nonsense. I had to put him on ignore becuse responding was becoming like talking to the cat.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Really hope they lose out on goal difference. Can’t see them going up next year either, west brom will walk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It think this is because it is a given. Starting a thread called 'how I hate Man United' would be on a par with 'How I hate haemorrhoids'. Starting a thread entitled 'Chelsea and their entitled racist supporters hit a new low' would be just a pointless (but effective) way of winding up....oh he's been banned :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What I don’t get is why does it matter if some clubs are ‘bigger’ or historically more successful than others? .

The only people I have ever encountered who start on the 'bigness' thing are weirdos who think the bigness of the club they 'support' is a reflection of their own status. Or a substitute for it. You'll find their favourite music is by the 'biggest bands in the world' (The Eagles, Elton John, Drake, that sort of thing).

One of my neighbours, a Man U 'supporter' (went to one game in the late 60s) was forever mocking me for supporting the Albion. He joined me and my scouse mate for a telly game once; talked endless uninformed bollocks for 90 minutes ('He's a boy, though, isn't he? What a player' etc). One of the most toe-curling 90 minutes I have ever unenjoyed. The bloke's dead now, but I had nothing to do with it.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The only people I have ever encountered who start on the 'bigness' thing are weirdos who think the bigness of the club they 'support' is a reflection of their own status. Or a substitute for it. You'll find their favourite music is by the 'biggest bands in the world' (The Eagles, Elton John, Drake, that sort of thing).

One of my neighbours, a Man U 'supporter' (went to one game in the late 60s) was forever mocking me for supporting the Albion. He joined me and my scouse mate for a telly game once; talked endless uninformed bollocks for 90 minutes ('He's a boy, though, isn't he? What a player' etc). One of the most toe-curling 90 minutes I have ever unenjoyed. The bloke's dead now, but I had nothing to do with it.

Were you cleared in the investigation?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Some of the posts here make us look quite entitled.

Some of the posters here were at Elland Road when Leeds (deservedly) beat the Albion 2-0. Pre match it was homophobic ‘bantz’ from a large section of the locals and after it was their main stand creaming their jeans at the hilarity of the “you’ll f*ck it up” song, so disliking them is quite easy.

Having said that, as a Sisters of Mercy fan and loather of Villa, Derby and West Brom, I’d be happy if they went up via the playoffs as the least bad option.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can cope with going to Bramhall Lane rather than Elland Road.

I've found everything about Leeds to be great except the sorry excuse for a football club.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will Norwich, Sheff Utd or Villa finish lower or higher than us next season? If we stay up, it’s going to be more competitive than ever.

Yay! There it is! My "Meaningless platitudes said every single season without fail" Bingo card is done. HOUSE!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
and loather of Villa, Derby and West Brom, I’d be happy if they went up via the playoffs as the least bad option.

Agreed - the promotion chasers in the Championship has become a bit of a **** parade this season. As such, I'll be delighted to see Norwich and, hopefully, Sheffield United (best price 1/20 now) take the automatic slots.

Below there, I would love it (LOVE IT!) if Bristol City turn Derby over next weekend and, from there, go on to clinch the final play-off spot before beating Leeds in the semi and whichever of Villa/West Brom make it to Wembley.

For all of Leeds, Villa, West Brom, Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday to remain in the Championship would be fantastic, just as long as we don't join them!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I want Leeds to go up. Always among the loudest away fans, and it would be another thing for Man United to stress about. That said I'd also love another Villa Park trip.

Can't wait for the playoffs - it promises to be an absolute BLOODBATH.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here