Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Tottingham

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
He came on as a winger at Chelsea away and was pretty good there I thought.

I prefer Bernardo going forward than Bong but Bong defensively. Converting Bernardo to a winger could work well especially with March on the otherside.

Both would offer going forward but we know defensively they would work hard.

It would be interesting to see how this plays out. Would love to see Dunk transition to a defensive midfielder on the attack and Bong tucks in to go to a more 3 5 2 formation on the attack and then a 4 4 2 in defense. But Dunk falls back into centre back on the defence

Interesting to see how this pans out

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Take no notice BG - It's not a spelling test. Everyone knew what you meant

I think your team would be a decent call but not v Spurs. They tend to play through the middle a lot. Son tends to play wider when they play the other Top sides

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Think to have a realistic chance we need to gamble.

Ryan
Duffy - Burn - Dunk - Bong
Montoya - Stephens - Kayal - Bernardo
Bissouma - Gross
Andone - Murray

And hope ref/linesman can`t count !!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I´m getting so tired of seeing Murray as a striker when we know we will play ultra defensive with basically 9 defenders (+1 goalie). We need a solid target player who can fetch the long balls and control the ball until we have enough players to start an attack. Or have a striker who can actually run and put some pressure.

Murray is definitely not a target player. He has zero ball control and loses all duels. His strongest abilities are in the penalty area. But that doesn't help when we don't have players who can get the ball there...

I would probably pick Andone tomorrow. I also want to see Kayal from start - think he was one of the few who played OK last Saturday.

Murray would be a better option against Newcastle.

Au contraire, Murray is very much a target player, he is strong, good in the air, and holds the ball up, aren't they all attributes of a target player?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Apologies to Ossie Ardiles but if Bruno and Propper are out injured my team would be:...

Ryan
Montoya.....Duffy ....Dunk...Bong
March...Stephens...Kayal...Bernardo
Gross
Murray​

I would double up Bong and Bernardo instead of Izyquierdo to minimise the threat on the right of Trippier and Son.

Pretty much spot on BG, is Bruno out? If not I'd have Bruno over Montoya as he's a better defender imho.

Going to be another 1-9-1 formation! Will be epic if we could bag another point. UTA

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Having Bernardo in midfield in front of Bong could possibly work if we had any intent on going forward, unfortunately I see it panning out the same way the Wolves game went except at some point Spurs will find a way through, it's going to be a grueller, just wish we were going :(

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I prefer Bernardo going forward than Bong but Bong defensively. Converting Bernardo to a winger could work well especially with March on the otherside.

Both would offer going forward but we know defensively they would work hard.

It would be interesting to see how this plays out. Would love to see Dunk transition to a defensive midfielder on the attack and Bong tucks in to go to a more 3 5 2 formation on the attack and then a 4 4 2 in defense. But Dunk falls back into centre back on the defence

Interesting to see how this pans out

Tottenham Hotspur 7. Brighton and Hove Albion 0.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is there really any point in playing with 9 men behind the ball and GM upfront? That doesn't work. The gap between midfield and GM is too big. Seems pointless to me. Moreover, if the Spurs defence don't have to worry about GM getting in behind, which they don't, that just pushes them further forward, and as a result, us further back.

We are going to be playing with (at least) 9 men behind the ball, so I'd start with Andone tbh. Balls in behind for Andone to chase would be much more effective at getting us up the pitch than balls into GM if he has nobody to hold the ball up for or lay it off to.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Is there really any point in playing with 9 men behind the ball and GM upfront? That doesn't work. The gap between midfield and GM is too big. Seems pointless to me. Moreover, if the Spurs defence don't have to worry about GM getting in behind, which they don't, that just pushes them further forward, and as a result, us further back.

We are going to be playing with (at least) 9 men behind the ball, so I'd start with Andone tbh. Balls in behind for Andone to chase would be much more effective at getting us up the pitch than balls into GM if he has nobody to hold the ball up for or lay it off to.

Bizarrely, whenever we play with Andone we decide to start crossing things, whenever we start with Murray we decide to play long balls.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

we will not be able to do to Spurs what we did to Wolves....imo.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bizarrely, whenever we play with Andone we decide to start crossing things, whenever we start with Murray we decide to play long balls.

It is frustrating! We watch the team with Murray play in a way that would be perfect for Andone, then we get Andone on the pitch and start playing the way that Murray would benefit. Maybe we should get them to switch shirts before the game...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Something which would have me pulling my hair out if I had any is our reluctance to put the damn ball in the box. Solly and Izy where doing my head in against Wolves. Every time they got the ball down the wing it was the same thing, check back, wait, ponder, play an over thought pass, lose the ball. The amount of times I thought, here we go, we can create something here - 5 seconds later - having created nothing, we were facing a counter attack. Then Wolves would get the ball in similar areas, get the ball out of their feet and whip it in. Why can't we do that? It's not complicated.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The problem with inverted wingers is they have to check back onto their stronger foot. I understand the principle of playing inverted wingers but oh how I wish we had & used orthodox wingers who cross the ball as they are running. The other problem is March seems to play better on the right although left footed , Knocky hates playing on the left despite being left footed , Ali J is a right winger but is always played on the left & Izzy has only ever really been used on the left despite being right footed. Even Locadia seems right footed and yet gets played on the left..... so annoying.

How about we sign some left footed wingers who play left sided & right footed ones who play right sided just for a change or is that too old fashioned like me ?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It is frustrating! We watch the team with Murray play in a way that would be perfect for Andone, then we get Andone on the pitch and start playing the way that Murray would benefit. Maybe we should get them to switch shirts before the game...

Glad it’s not just me that see’s this! It’s almost like we’re thinking Andone isn’t great at holding the ball up so let’s give him some practice!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Apologies to Ossie Ardiles but if Bruno and Propper are out injured my team would be:...

Ryan
Montoya.....Duffy ....Dunk...Bong
March...Stephens...Kayal...Bernardo
Gross
Murray​

I would double up Bong and Bernardo instead of Izyquierdo to minimise the threat on the right of Trippier and Son.

I'd go for that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here