Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feels like we’ve been relegated tonight

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ah.....but when we survived on those occasions, the players involved managed a few basics......passing to the same colour shirt....actually controlling the ball.....created a chance in front of goal....summoned up some passion and fight....played for the manager....didn't have to play...Wolves...Tottenham....Newcastle....Arsenal and Man City.

In terms of talent comparatively, the opposition in the remaining fixtures makes little difference. We have stayed up before with dreadful teams. We probably need one win. If we were a League Two side playing Wolves or Newcastle in the Cup, nobody would think that was impossible. Nor should we.

The passing and control mainly comes down to confidence. I agree the fight is what needs to be mustered up particularly for those 2 games. Plus a sprinkling hopefully of some of the luck that has long since deserted us in the league at big moments (like last night’s clear foul on Dunk).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Cardiff fans seem to think so, despite being 2 points behind us!
They are right. We wont win any of our remaining games. They'll lose most of theirs but palace at Cardiff wont have much motivation and will send us down. Last night was the last remaining chance of survival from 4 infinitely winnable matches at home. We have gone.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Meh. One game at a time. It's not over until it's over.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The most depressing thing for me last night was the thought that even if we are relegated CH will still be our manager. I have changed my mind completely since Saturday. I do not want to watch CH’s style of football for a minute longer whatever division we are in.

Really depressing to think, that unless he walks, we are going to be stuck with him and his tactics for the foreseeable future :down:

I’d even take relegation over staying up if it meant we could get someone new in. No idea who but someone who believes passionately in attacking football whenever possible. I am losing the will to go with the football on offer although, of course, I will :down:

I can take the losing, it’s just the way we do it that I am struggling with.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Enormously likely that we were relegated last night, but 5 games to go and they need to pull a miracle out of the hat

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This isn't about formations. 4-4-1-1 / 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 (allegedly) / 4-4-2 have all been tried in utter desperation and it really makes no difference how we play it, we're just crap.

Very sadly you’re right.

It took a while, but in the end every PL manager cottoned on to the fact that “Look, Brighton have no pace or mobility. Go out there and get at them, behind them, amongst them”.

CH always knew that, hence the old Alamo defence that sometimes got vital results.

Other than the now much maligned CH, our recruitment department/strategy in its entirety was fatally flawed.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The worst thing I'm feeling right now is that even if, by some miracle, we manage to stay up, next season will be identical.

Agreed. The one silver lining (assuming we don't fend off Cardiff) is that at least the final table in the record books will give the impression that we went down with a fight. Just a bog-standard relegation: third from bottom and only a point or two from safety. Unlucky. If we do survive then as we're currently set up next season could be carnage and we could out-Derby Derby.

Sorry for the negativity. I still hope we can somehow pull it out of the fire with a few freak/fluke results.

#TheGreatEscape

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Team's completely fallen apart. We're the new whipping boys of this division.

#together my arse.

This team HAS fallen apart. Time to put together a new team and formation (3412) in 5 games starting with a recall for Kayal; three at the back (perm from our 4 centre halves); Bernardo and March as overlapping midfielders wing backs, Gross in the hole and perm from Locadia/Murray and Andone right at the very sharp end and way up the pitch standing on the opposition centre halves. Radical but - right now - necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here