Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saturday’s ref

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What possible difference would it make if he were more outspoken? The referee will never reverse his decision, and all that could possibly happen would be Chris Hughton getting into hot water with the FA.

I’d listen to his post match interviews?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don’t think Freind is ‘against’ us at all. I think he is just a weak ref who leans towards the favourites in any game. Hopefully he puts in a homer performance on Saturday.

What I have established about him though, is that he has a real downer on Glenn Murray. How refs see Murray’s aerial battles is very much down to interpretation - a challenge that one ref will see as a foul ON Glenn, another will see as a foul BY him. Kevin Freind tends to give literally every call against him. I’d play Andone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t think The Complete And Utter Shyster, Atkinson or Friend are biased towards certain clubs or swayed by size. They’re just not very good, making many clear and often important mistakes each season, compared to other refs who you simply don’t notice. Their mistakes often deprive ‘big clubs’ of a result too, they’re disliked by fans of some of those clubs.

For that reason, along with key lino blunders, unfortunately VAR can only be an improvement.

On Saturday, I just hope Friend’s blunders favour us. Sad isn’t it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don’t think The Complete And Utter Shyster, Atkinson or Friend are biased towards certain clubs or swayed by size. They’re just not very good, making many clear and often important mistakes each season, compared to other refs who you simply don’t notice. Their mistakes often deprive ‘big clubs’ of a result too, they’re disliked by fans of some of those clubs.

For that reason, along with key lino blunders, unfortunately VAR can only be an improvement.

On Saturday, I just hope Friend’s blunders favour us. Sad isn’t it.

Friend certainly likes his little ‘chats’

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don’t think Freind is ‘against’ us at all. I think he is just a weak ref who leans towards the favourites in any game. Hopefully he puts in a homer performance on Saturday.

What I have established about him though, is that he has a real downer on Glenn Murray. How refs see Murray’s aerial battles is very much down to interpretation - a challenge that one ref will see as a foul ON Glenn, another will see as a foul BY him. Kevin Freind tends to give literally every call against him. I’d play Andone.

So would I but for no other reason that I think that he offers us more at the moment. GM is IMHO looking tired and frustrated

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
From memory he seems to be a bit of a homer wherever he refs , the penalty he gave us on Izquierdo v Palace sticks out but i'm sure he's done us a few favours in the past , no doubt will have a absolute stinker now iv'e said it and give Muff a last minute penalty try touchdown .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here