Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A couple of Observations yesterday

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I had to nip to the gents during an injury break during the first half and I was gobsmacked to see a number of people just standing around on the concourse eating food or drink beer watching the TV monitors. Clearly plastics that came along for the ride and had absolutely no interest in supporting the team. It really irritated me !

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Hmmmm Strange, my last train back to South Wales was 8.45 from Paddington. I managed to stay and clap my team off until they left the field and then get there with twenty minutes to spare. strange that.

Yep agree, we stayed and clapped the team off and were still back to kings cross by 8:30 for our train back to Leeds

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I noticed the Oasis tracks. At one point I thought the DJ had just left an Oasis greatest hits CD playing.
Observation two. Final whistle and on comes yet another Oasis track, big screens flashing Man City as winners, see you in the final. But the Man City players just walked off the pitch and the City fans were gone.
Yes was a bit weird, but of course it was all about them. Anyone else felt the sound system was rubbish, when the two presenters were interviewing people I couldn’t understand a word.
Still at least we made our own entertainment and noise. The giant flag was brilliant!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really enjoyed the day and the experience.

Didn't have any bad experiences involving supporters of either club but there's no doubt there are some grade A ****wits among our fanbase. Just moronic drunken swearing and gesticulating at City fans after the game, which was (as far as I could tell) shrugged off. Yeah yeah, I know that's what real football lads do, and it's not the bloody opera, but it is rather tedious to watch.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really enjoyed the day and the experience.

Didn't have any bad experiences involving supporters of either club but there's no doubt there are some grade A ****wits among our fanbase. Just moronic drunken swearing and gesticulating at City fans after the game, which was (as far as I could tell) shrugged off. Yeah yeah, I know that's what real football lads do, and it's not the bloody opera, but it is rather tedious to watch.

To be fair there were a fair few city fans doing the same post match. As they say every club has them!!

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Loved every minute of my day, (except result). I had a great view in block 136, row 28. EVERYONE seemed to be standing throughout the game. I kept expecting someone to tell us to sit down, stewards walked up and down the nearby steps, but didn’t say a word, obviously didn’t care, or were in awe of our enthusiasm!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit of a ruck outside gate J after the match.......apart from that didn’t see anything to get the Old Skool excited.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I was pretty impressed with the stadium, again, ( a real pain to get to though) but the club Wembley sections were very sparsely populated and “broke up”our end, which was a shame.

Surprised to read this, but I suppose it depends on timing and which route you used. We went to Wembley Stadium station from Marlyebone at about 3.45 and it was fine. Crowded but got on the first train no bother. Afterwards, queue was very quick and we were back at Charing Cross by 8.10, and no, I didn't leave early!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Getting the train from Wembley Stadium after the game was brilliant. Thought it was going to be a nightmare but with the exception of being stationary for about 2 minutes we pretty much walked straight on to a train for a non stop journey to Marylebone.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I had to nip to the gents during an injury break during the first half and I was gobsmacked to see a number of people just standing around on the concourse eating food or drink beer watching the TV monitors. Clearly plastics that came along for the ride and had absolutely no interest in supporting the team. It really irritated me !

I saw a group of four leaving at half time saying it was shit and glad they didn’t have to watch Brighton every week.[emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
A good day for Junior Exile to get excited about following the Albion, and from block 547 those of you behind the goal looked and sounded epic.Could have done without the "witty" types on the train up claiming it should be "unitary authority of Brighton and Hove by the sea" instead of Sussex by the Sea and then talking about it for 30 mins, and equally without the Football Factory fantasists on the train home going on about their days as football hardmen on the terraces and in Sunday league as the entire carriage rolled their eyeballs and cringed at the enormous bell-endery, ("you think that's assault? I'll show you assault...") but on the whole I think Albion fans did the club very proud and minus a few exceptions would have surprised people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here