Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kurt Nogan calls Albion fans HOOLIGANS

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I'm sure Kurt Nogan topped and tailed his Albion career with barren spells. Somewhere around 20 appearances without scoring.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm sure Kurt Nogan topped and tailed his Albion career with barren spells. Somewhere around 20 appearances without scoring.

From memory he scored 60 in his first 100 and then went 20 without a goal, finishing his Albion career with 60 from 120 games. A fine record still in largely a poor team, aside from a spell just after Brady took over. The Dickov, Nogan partnership was lethal whilst it lasted.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I used to LOVE Kurt Nogan. It was only his last 10 or so games that spoilt his goalscoring record for us, he was PROLIFIC

My first ever game was against Birmingham 94/95. Nogan missed a one on one with the keeper. Think that game was the start of that barren spell. Never saw him score.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Just checking the same artist site. **** me this is absolute shite!!! :facepalm::O

Zamora-Bobby-300x423.jpg

Your right, his boots are all wrong. ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw him getting dog’s abuse from Albion fans in a game at Crewe where we were played off the pitch, so he should have been used to it :smile:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I remember chatting about Nogan back in the late 90's to a Preston fan (who I happened to be buying drugs from) who repeatedly called him "the Welsh Paki" as if it was a common epithet up that way.

I loved Nogan as well, but he was one of the stars when I was probably at my most impressionable age.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
And his Mum looked like Shirley Bassey.

She used to get her Gulls Eye off us at the church on her trips to the Albion, sadly in the days before camera phones, but she was a dead spit for the songstress from Tiger Bay.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
And his Mum looked like Shirley Bassey.

She used to get her Gulls Eye off us at the church on her trips to the Albion, sadly in the days before camera phones, but she was a dead spit for the songstress from Tiger Bay.

And a very nice lady too. I knew the family well and used to pop in and see Sid for a pint and Cilla down in Grangetown Cardiff when I was working down there. Nice people, as was Kurt.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

That’s what I remember, first one went in off his knee/arse after 8-10 games and he had phenomenal record after that until the last 10-20 games.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
His total ratio was actually an OCD-friendly 60 in 120.

I cried when we sold him. Huge mistake to do so.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That’s what I remember, first one went in off his knee/arse after 8-10 games and he had phenomenal record after that until the last 10-20 games.

That first goal was a block of a keeper's clearance, and trickled into the south stand goal from a distance, i recall. After that he was banging them in for fun, until big teams became interested. I loved the Nogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here