Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akpom's stinking attitude

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
"Winning promotion with Brighton and Hull has stood me in good stead. I've learned from those experiences and it is helping me deal with what is happening now."

I would love to know what he learned from being at the Albion and from the 178 minutes he played...

I suppose he learned how to cope with people slagging him off for barely moving out of the centre circle all game.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bit of a stretch to say he was involved in the promotion, isn't it? Only start I remember was against Blackburn at home. Despite it being he type of home game we'd regularly been winning at a canter by 2-3 goals all of that season, we really struggled to create anything and it was like playing with 10 min until he was replaced by Hemed after an hour. If memory is correct, we scored within 10 mins of him going off and won that game and the following 4 games to acheive promotion without Akpom playing another minute.

I don't remember that much about it but yes, it was one start and nine sub appearances. It's a MASSIVE stretch to be involved in the promotion. Interesting that Tomori, as it turns out, made the same number of appearances (three starts, seven subs) but is remembered much more fondly during his loan period of roughly the same length as CA's)

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Akpom scored today in the Champions League for PAOK - against last year's semi-finalists Ajax. Strange for me when he never tried a leg for the Albion.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Watched the game last night.

Pace , energy, touch, composure and a goal.

He’s definitely had a brain and body transplant

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't remember that much about it but yes, it was one start and nine sub appearances. It's a MASSIVE stretch to be involved in the promotion. Interesting that Tomori, as it turns out, made the same number of appearances (three starts, seven subs) but is remembered much more fondly during his loan period of roughly the same length as CA's)

because he was a better player with a much better attitude.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not going to be too hard on him, there are a million and one reasons why it didn't work out at the Albion. The upside is that we gained promotion that season anyway, even if his contributgion was minimal at best.

Good to see him doing well in Greece.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He has gone to Middlesborough now. I have never been so angry with a player with his lack of effort.

Gavin Hoyte for me. Akpom was weird though. Could have done really well and be playing in the prem with us by now...!

Ps - as we enter our 4th PL season, I smile at those Boro bellends giving it the large one and where they are now everyone I hear that clubs’ name!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gavin Hoyte for me. Akpom was weird though. Could have done really well and be playing in the prem with us by now...!

Ps - as we enter our 4th PL season, I smile at those Boro bellends giving it the large one and where they are now everyone I hear that clubs’ name!

The quartet for me:

Graeme Smith - just hopeless, bless him.

Gavin Hoyte - similar to that imo, half asleep, physically weak, a crap FB. I’ve never been someone to call out at players, but from the Withdean south stand often yelled “Wake up Hoyte” as lower league wingers beat him every time.

Obika - embarrassing. How the hell did he stay on Spuds books until his early 20’s?

Akpom - lazy, in his selfish world, the archetypal modern young footballer who got the money too early. Deservedly picked on once the crowd cottoned on that we had a piss taker at the club.

The subsequent career paths of Obika and Akpom reflect what we witnessed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The quartet for me:

Graeme Smith - just hopeless, bless him.

Gavin Hoyte - similar to that imo, half asleep, physically weak, a crap FB. I’ve never been someone to call out at players, but from the Withdean south stand often yelled “Wake up Hoyte” as lower league wingers beat him every time.

Obika - embarrassing. How the hell did he stay on Spuds books until his early 20’s?

Akpom - lazy, in his selfish world, the archetypal modern young footballer who got the money too early. Deservedly picked on once the crowd cottoned on that we had a piss taker at the club.

The subsequent career paths of Obika and Akpom reflect what we witnessed.

I don't quite get the attitude by some on here to Obika. He was on Spurs books because they put him there. It was their choice and if any of us were in his shoes at the time who would have done different. Also, whilst not setting the world alight, he has done what most on here would have loved to have done and that is have a career in football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not going to be too hard on him, there are a million and one reasons why it didn't work out at the Albion. The upside is that we gained promotion that season anyway, even if his contributgion was minimal at best.

Good to see him doing well in Greece.

I think you'll find it was unmatched. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't quite get the attitude by some on here to Obika. He was on Spurs books because they put him there. It was their choice and if any of us were in his shoes at the time who would have done different. Also, whilst not setting the world alight, he has done what most on here would have loved to have done and that is have a career in football.

Indeed. This is not the 'career' of a baby Bentley driving disbled parking space hogging little lord Fauntleroy, just a badly coached half-ignored player who struggled, Shirley? :shrug:

obika.PNG

Elsie_Leslie_as_Little_Lord_Fauntleroy_cph.3b10326.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

yep , it's actually nice to see them struggle .....****ing Ramirez , the whining twatt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here