Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Back to the Moon by 2024

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great that we're going back to the moon. Maybe someone can retrieve the ball from Ulloa's penalty.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think you are all very cynical.
We all know this is by far the most cost effective way of inventing new substances to stop food sticking to our cookware.

Ha! Good bit of trivia there! I do remember a comedian doing a routine in the 1970s where he riffed on inventions and where they'd come from, and the last bit was something like "... and all that money they spent on the Apollo programme and what did mankind get out of it? Non-stick frying pans!"

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm amazed that nobody has been along with the "nobody's been there yet" CT. #hatstand

They would have but those pesky Japs ruined that when they sent an unmanned probe up there and came back with pictures of the Apollo 12 landing site debris field and the part of the LEM that stayed there!!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Indeed. Back in the 1960s just getting there was the aim. Now it has to be for a bigger purpose and as the first stage of something, not just an end in itself.

The bigger purpose should, imo, be as part of a longer-term plan to send humans to Mars.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They would have but those pesky Japs ruined that when they sent an unmanned probe up there and came back with pictures of the Apollo 12 landing site debris field and the part of the LEM that stayed there!!!

If you're stupid/gullible enough to believe the moon landings were faked (six times) then it's only a 'small step for a moron' (to coin a phrase) to believe that was faked as well. Indeed isn't there now an entire 'space is fake' theory? Takes it to a logical conclusion.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you're stupid/gullible enough to believe the moon landings were faked (six times) then it's only a 'small step for a moron' (to coin a phrase) to believe that was faked as well. Indeed isn't there now an entire 'space is fake' theory? Takes it to a logical conclusion.

Well this guy has conclusively proved that the Earth is flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RukEkPGUSbk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Borg weren't a race, they appropriated other beings into their collective by injecting nanoprobes in order to create perfection

Before they were wiped out in 1981 by mutants from the Planet McEnroe.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

For the record I don’t believe the moon landings were fake, I was being sarcastic. [emoji106]

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For the record I don’t believe the moon landings were fake, I was being sarcastic. [emoji106]

Indeed sir, I never thought for a moment that you did. I perhaps should have said "if one is stupid/gullible enough" rather than you thinking the comment was aimed at 'you' specifically.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'm amazed that nobody has been along with the "nobody's been there yet" CT. #hatstand

It certainly would be nice to "actually" get there considering all the others were faked.

And certainly not #hatstand, just a firm believer that the landings were filmed on Earth.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
The bigger purpose should, imo, be as part of a longer-term plan to send humans to Mars.

It could be that the Americans are using it as a stepping stone for their Mars programme. This book The Value Of The Moon by Paul D. Spudis shows how he (a NASA scientist) believes that the poles of the moon are likely to have water and this resource should be used as part of the programme to colonise the moon, on the way to Mars.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
When the Americans arrive they will probably find artificial islands that the Chinese have built in the Sea of Tranquility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here