Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ryan to Manchester United rumours

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The price will completely depend on whether he is there to be first choice or reserve. I would be surprised if they were to target him for first choice - he's great, is he that great? Maybe he is, he is certainly a good shot-stopper and thats really what the top clubs want, the occasional amazing save as they aren't under much pressure the rest of the time

If we keep developing like we are, at some point one of our best players will be taken by one of the big boys, and I'm close to being able to accept it and wish them the best. Not quite yet, but i'm close.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All his mistakes were in his first few games. After that I don't think he's made one.

Potential clanger in the last minute against Watford at home last minute if I recall, but we got away with it. Makes far more world class saves than mistakes though.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fake news 6 foot 2 don't they do their research 2 foot 6 would be closer. Surely too short for united!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Only [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] can decide it he is too short. He is the ''height'' expert here on NSC just as [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is ''left back'' expert

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All his mistakes were in his first few games. After that I don't think he's made one.

This - I genuinely can't recall one apart from very early on last season........................

.....of course, there's a MASSIVE rick coming on Saturday now, but at least it'll put Man U off the scent.

I think Tony has probably continued to put a 'not for sale at any price' message out on our key players and unless there's a colossal/stupid offer (always possible in January), and the player's head gets properly turned and expresses a deep wish to leave, we'll keep what we've got.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This - I genuinely can't recall one apart from very early on last season........................

.....of course, there's a MASSIVE rick coming on Saturday now, but at least it'll put Man U off the scent.

I think Tony has probably continued to put a 'not for sale at any price' message out on our key players and unless there's a colossal/stupid offer (always possible in January), and the player's head gets properly turned and expresses a deep wish to leave, we'll keep what we've got.

Didn't we have this nonsense with Liverpool ? Sounds like agent talk.

Anyway whatever happens he is a superb keeper. Destined for greater things i predict. Just needs working on that kicking. I knew we had a gem on our hands. Great scouting by Ben Robberts.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we get a good price for him (£50m+) then yep that's fine. Walton will be ready soon and he is about seven inches bigger. And English.

Can't see it happening though. Too short for the top six - I read that on here when we signed him so must be true.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ludicrous rumour. Surely a club like United will be after a man who's a regular at a long established Premier League club, a man of true international pedigree?

WayneHennessey1.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah. If we're say 2-0 down in the 88th minute I almost hope he lets a soft shot squirm through his fingers or drops a simple cross. That should be enough, it's those mistakes that stick in the mind.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Potential clanger in the last minute against Watford at home last minute if I recall, but we got away with it. Makes far more world class saves than mistakes though.

Whisper it quietly but I don't think he excelled at Selhurst last season either.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
It doesn't surprise me big clubs are sniffing about. Ryan is quality everything you want in a keeper, he should not be sold for anything under 50 million in today's market.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Reasons this transfer won't happen ...

It's in the Sun
His kicking isn't of the standard Man U would want
They won't offer as much as he is worth to us
He wants to play. (he knows he might at Man U, but will here)

Got nothing to do with the height stuff, which stopped being funny long, long ago

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Walton is quality and will very likely be our number two next season I would hope, but it's a massive ask to chuck him in come January even if we have the option of pulling him back from Wigan. Button may be an able occasional deputy at the moment but I'd be worried if he suddenly became number one in the event of Maty moving on.
However, I think the chances of that happening are pretty much zero, so no worries eh? :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be honest I'd jump at a decent price. Walton is very close to being able to make the step up and could be Englands future no 1.

This. Would be very sorry to see Maty go, but if it was next summer and £50m, I think Walton would be good enough and ready. We could be in a worse position on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here