Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for this Fridays game against West Ham

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Assuming Pascal and Stephens are still injured I'm guessing it will be the same team that started against Man City apart from Murray taking Locadia's place ....having said that you do feel we need to shake it up a bit ...will Ali get a chance to start ....Biss at 10 doesn't seem to be working so will he maybe give Andone a start (if fit)?.
West Ham seem to be in good form, won away against Everton and followed that up by holding Chelsea and then beating MU (mind you who doesn't).....the concern is that you have to go back to March 3rd for our last PL win against a side other than MU

On a happier note ...a ''what happened next'' from last seasons match against WH at the AMEX

IMG_0383.jpg

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Unless Stephens and Gross have had a relapse, they are due back for this game.

So if that is so, then the team should be:

Ryan

Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bong
Knockeart - Stephens - Propper - Izquierdo
…………...Gross
……………...Murray

I would like to see more of the new guys but I feel we need to get some points on the board and just keep introducing the newbies gradually.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

So if that is so, then the team should be:

Ryan

Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bong
Knockeart - Stephens - Propper - Izquierdo
…………...Gross
……………...Murray

I would like to see more of the new guys but I feel we need to get some points on the board and just keep introducing the newbies gradually.

Not sure Izquierdo is ready to start. I’d play that side but with Jahanbakhsh.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
————————Ryan————————

Bruno ——-Duffy ——Dunk ——-Bernardo
Knockeart—-Kayal——Pröpper——March
—————— Jahanbakhsh—————-———————-Murray—————————

I’d like to see the disgraced Watford Full Backs (back) and Ali J in behind Murray. Back to 4-4-1-1 please!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Assuming Stephens and Gross are still out.

We’ve only won 2 of our last 15 league games and been generally quite poor this season, it’s time to shake it up a bit so what I’d like to see is:

Ryan;
Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo;
Knockaert, Bissouma, Propper, Ali J;
Andone;
Murray.

What we will see is:

Ryan;
Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bong;
Knockaert, Kayal, Propper, March;
Bissouma;
Murray.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Assuming Pascal and Stephens are still injured I'm guessing it will be the same team that started against Man City apart from Murray taking Locadia's place ....having said that you do feel we need to shake it up a bit ...will Ali get a chance to start ....Biss at 10 doesn't seem to be working so will he maybe give Andone a start (if fit)?.
West Ham seem to be in good form, won away against Everton and followed that up by holding Chelsea and then beating MU (mind you who doesn't).....the concern is that you have to go back to March 3rd for our last PL win against a side other than MU

On a happier note ...a ''what happened next'' from last seasons match against WH at the AMEX

View attachment 101001

What a photo - I just can’t see how that ball goes into he top bins from there - astonishing curl.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What we will see is:

Ryan;
Bissouma;
Murray.
Not rocket science is it?

Although it seems to be more like

Knockaert, Kayal, Bissouma, Propper, March;

Murray

Which is a shame.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Not quite what Hughton said last week. "hopeful' for West Ham. He will confirm at todays press conference at 1.30pm.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Assuming Stephens and Gross are still out.

We’ve only won 2 of our last 15 league games and been generally quite poor this season, it’s time to shake it up a bit so what I’d like to see is:

Ryan;
Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo;
Knockaert, Bissouma, Propper, Ali J;
Andone;
Murray.

What we will see is:

Ryan;
Bissouma;
Murray.

I agree with that first line up, we need to shake things up a bit. Would prefer it though if Stephens were fit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Assuming Pascal and Stephens are still injured I'm guessing it will be the same team that started against Man City apart from Murray taking Locadia's place ....having said that you do feel we need to shake it up a bit .........

Let's just stop right there and remember who is manager of Brighton and Hove Albion!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
If the manager continues to play the same 8, 9, 10, 11 players that apart from 1 match have so far not played well, how long do you give it before you start to question him?

Personally, I am fed up EVERY single week hearing my manager say "they are a very good team" F*ck them, AT HOME, let them worry about how they are going to beat us, rather than us worrying about how we don't lose to them for a change.

Be bold, try and fail rather than not try at all.

The squad is there for a reason, use the squad. I just don't feel we are getting the best out of the squad.

Just getting a tad fed up with the negative way we are approaching games at the moment, especially at home.

Just want CH to be a bit more bold.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
If the manager continues to play the same 8, 9, 10, 11 players that apart from 1 match have so far not played well, how long do you give it before you start to question him?

Personally, I am fed up EVERY single week hearing my manager say "they are a very good team" F*ck them, AT HOME, let them worry about how they are going to beat us, rather than us worrying about how we don't lose to them for a change.

Be bold, try and fail rather than not try at all.

The squad is there for a reason, use the squad. I just don't feel we are getting the best out of the squad.

Just getting a tad fed up with the negative way we are approaching games at the moment, especially at home.

Just want CH to be a bit more bold.

Especially at home?

We beat man utd scoring 3 goals first game.

Came flying out the blocks v Fulham and should have been ahead were on not for a missed penalty. Scored twice more and missed a fair few chances.

Ok spurs game was poor first half but they are a much better team than us and even then we could have knicked something.

By all means ask questions about our away form and approach over the last year but all in all our home games have been as good as that can be expected for us over that period.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Like this maybe...
So far this season he's dropped his captain, sometimes from the entire squad, and replaced him with a new signing who is now a settled regular.
Last week he rested his top scorer for a squad striker.
He's starting a newly signed 21 year old midfielder in nearly every game this season, dropping one of last years players of the season in the process.
He's boldly stuck with a mercurial winger, who most other managers would have dropped, who has rewarded him with some of his best performances for a year.
2 other defenders signed this summer have also played a part in matches this season, starting games.
And newly signed players have either been coming back from injury or played a part in every game as subs.

and there's still 31 games to go.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Montoya-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Bissouma-Kayal-Propper-Jahanbakhsh
Murray​

Marginal call between March and AJ, but we're at home and will hopefully try and attack a bit more. With a bit of luck Izquierdo and Andone will be fit enough to be considered for the bench, possibly Stephens too. Hughton to pick the same team except starting March (obviously).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Especially at home?

We beat man utd scoring 3 goals first game.

Came flying out the blocks v Fulham and should have been ahead were on not for a missed penalty. Scored twice more and missed a fair few chances.

Ok spurs game was poor first half but they are a much better team than us and even then we could have knicked something.

By all means ask questions about our away form and approach over the last year but all in all our home games have been as good as that can be expected for us over that period.
I wonder if [MENTION=12474]The Gem[/MENTION] might come back and say something like "Yes, on reflection, of course you are right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our home tactics, performances, points gained, goals scored, entertainment value and atmosphere, effort, energy, or anything else you choose to consider. In fact, the last few years under Chris Hughton have been by far the most enjoyable in my more than 40 years following the Albion."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here