Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Happy jumping blonde triplets day!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
17303086-7359021-Students_celebrate_their_results_at_King_Edward_VI_High_School_f-a-99_1565853843064.jpg

17307092-7359021-Students_at_Roedean_School_in_Brighton_celebrate_their_A_level_r-m-279_1565860510072.jpg

17311800-7359021-image-a-20_1565867990018.jpg

Textbook, in the Mail (obvs)

Jumpers spotted on the BBC lunchtime news intro also :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jumpers spotted on the BBC lunchtime news intro also :thumbsup:

17311800-7359021-image-a-20_1565867990018.jpg

In a sad post-script, it was later revealed that in this one they hadn't got the results they wanted, and had jumped off the roof. This shot was taken just before impact.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
My busiest day in the whole year, ducked in the office for a half-hour lunch before heading back into the clearing call centre... it's all go!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most of the happiest and most successful people I know were average graders but knew how to navigate themselves through life's intrigues.

I take it you got low grades as well then? :lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Be interesting to know if this "unconditional offer" idea is actually working. Have those who received an "unconditional offer" achieved their predicted grades or does it incline students to ease off because they know they have the university place nailed down so the exam results are of no relevance any longer?

Not asking for a friend; I'm just curious.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Most of the happiest and most successful people I know were average graders but knew how to navigate themselves through life's intrigues.

One of my school mates was never one of the top set at school. Bit like me, not that fussed and just got by. Went on from school and became an electrician for 20 years, then started working as a gaffer in the movie industry. Now best friends with Tom Cruise, has worked on dozens of Hollywood blockbusters, & living a much better life than most of us!!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Well Miss W got BBC and has managed to secure her place at Sussex so all happiness in the WS household. Now awaiting GCSE results for the eldest Master Westdene.
Wow, Miss W will be at Uni with my youngest Master Seagull, as he got into Sussex today as well!

They won't have any problems with private parking tickets if they each get a car later on, with parents like you and me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good lad :clap2:

My youngest did better than he dared to hope, and got accepted for Economics at Exeter (but is planning to turn it down / defer it for a year).

Is he the first in your family to go to uni, as my nephew received £2000, for being the first in our family when going to Falmer Uni :thumbsup:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Be interesting to know if this "unconditional offer" idea is actually working. Have those who received an "unconditional offer" achieved their predicted grades or does it incline students to ease off because they know they have the university place nailed down so the exam results are of no relevance any longer?

My daughter had an unconditional offer but still managed One A & Two B's so perhaps she did ease of a little after all .:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is he the first in your family to go to uni, as my nephew received £2000, for being the first in our family when going to Falmer Uni :thumbsup:

far from it. My wife and I met at (Liverpool) Uni and his older brother graduated with a 1st in Spanish and History, this summer :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Often an unconditional offer can be accompanied by a bonus financial incentive to hit your predicted grades. My lad's offer for Winchester was unconditional, but with a £600 bonus payment due to him, if he achieved his predicted marks. I've heard of similar offers with incentives up to £3,000.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I believe it still is in Croydon.

I had to provide a self addressed postcard for my "O" level results, kids today etc.

"A" level result nerves are for this time next year, GCSE results are awaited for next Thursday. That's what becomes of the Potting offspring being born in two consecutive school years.

Yes, it was a stamped addressed envelope for me. I was working on the farm where my Dad worked when they arrived, so Mum rang up the farm office and gave me the results that way! This was 1974 and my two A's and a B were the best A-Level results on the "Arts" side of the school. A bloke on the "Science" side got three A's. Back then these results were not common-place, and by today's standards would be fairly mediocre. Well done to all who got what they needed this year; and good luck to everyone, pass or fail, for the future.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here