Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Watford (A)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a happy, positive post, no holding back on praise where due, NOT looking for negatives in any player’s performance.

What was the atmosphere like amongst the large away following? It looked immense from afar, reminiscent of the promotion season away trips.

...there actually weren’t any significant negatives IMO. A few wayward passes when a break was on, bit of miscontrol here and there but nothing you wouldn’t expect to see in any game.

Support started ok, ramped up after we scored and was mental from the second goal onwards. Best away support for ages (as always, determined by what’s going on in front of us). Potter got a massive ovation after the game (and deserved it).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
...there actually weren’t any significant negatives IMO. A few wayward passes when a break was on, bit of miscontrol here and there but nothing you wouldn’t expect to see in any game.

Support started ok, ramped up after we scored and was mental from the second goal onwards. Best away support for ages (as always, determined by what’s going on in front of us). Potter got a massive ovation after the game (and deserved it).

Quite a few, thought we were quite careless in possession at times when we had them.

Yes Potter did a great job, the substitutions were perfectly timed......... 100% agree with that.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Burn 8
Duffy 8
Dunk 8

March 7
Montoya 8

Propper 8
Stephens 7
Gross 7

Locadia 6
Murray 6

Subs

Maupay 7
Andone 7

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Quite a few, thought we were quite careless in possession at times when we had them.

Yes Potter did a great job, the substitutions were perfectly timed......... 100% agree with that.

Not just perfectly timed, their instructions and intention showed a tactical understanding of what’s happening. Knew that we would probably sit deeper and needed pace upfront to be able to hit them on the break.

We did. Twice and how ****ing fantastic is it to have 2 strikers score goals a not just goals, but very well taken goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not just perfectly timed, their instructions and intention showed a tactical understanding of what’s happening. Knew that we would probably sit deeper and needed pace upfront to be able to hit them on the break.

We did. Twice and how ****ing fantastic is it to have 2 strikers score goals a not just goals, but very well taken goals.

Interesting decision for West Ham. Do you start with them?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Radio Sussex covered Potter going over to you lot .... the roar!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm clearly wrong because I seem to be in a minority of 1, but Montoya annoyed the hell out of me today, I thought he had an awful game, had me constantly swearing at almost everything he did.

Don't jump on me, like I said, I seem to be the only person who feels that way, so I actually must be wrong, I accept that. Hoping for some extended highlights so I can correct my perception of his game today.

(I do recall it was good link up between him and Propper prior to Andone's goal though tbf)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting decision for West Ham. Do you start with them?

And this is what i'm thinking already. How do you keep them out of the team? What options we have up front (yes, I said it).

I think one of them will come in, though i'm not sure who.

My guess is that Locadia will come out of the side, (though he has done little wrong). Murray has a terrific record at home, so will probably get another 60 mins.

Surely we'll also see Trossard soon. Gross knows he has to keep performing.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
And this is what i'm thinking already. How do you keep them out of the team? What options we have up front (yes, I said it).

My guess is that Locadia will come out of the side, (though he has done little wrong). Murray has a terrific record at home, so will probably get another 60 mins.

Murray always scores against West Ham. I’d go with him and one of Andone or Maupay. Presence and pace - the little and large combination of old.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Murray also has a good record of scoring against the Hammers. Potter will hopefully make the right team selections next week. After today we should have every faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here