Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The chance is there, go on grab it, some will some won't my bet is you would rather whine about it.

You poor souls, so hard done by.

Life is so unfair................:cry::cry::cry::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

the class system is not just unfair(demoralising), it's also inefficient.
wouldn't you prefer a meritocratic society full of insentivised individuals?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You make some fair points but having the PM instil a bit of positivity and belief that this country can prosper and succeed is no bad thing. Ultimately he will be judged on delivery just like all previous PM's. If (big if) he gets Brexit done and the world doesn't end as predicted then he might end up surprising quite a few people ... not that they would admit it obviously.

All for positivity, sometimes that’s half the battle. What I don’t like is when politicians resort to the jingoism you expect from a dictator. It’s cheap, lazy and appeals to the very base of emotions. It’s a very negative approach as no good ever comes from it. There is always a fall guy with this approach.... it will be interesting but also depressing on who will be to blame ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
At the moment politics, in effect is in recess. Not many days to go in parliamentary terms.
A50 is there, voted for by the HoC and guarenteed by Menna Giller no less.
If Boris is sincere and the government does nothing, even if a GE is sparked, we would still be out!
Under WTO rules by defualt. So I'll ask remainers again, like before, without response.
How are you going to stop 'No Deal'?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At the moment politics, in effect is in recess. Not many days to go in parliamentary terms.
A50 is there, voted for by the HoC and guarenteed by Menna Giller no less.
If Boris is sincere and the government does nothing, even if a GE is sparked, we would still be out!
Under WTO rules by defualt. So I'll ask remainers again, like before, without response.
How are you going to stop 'No Deal'?

Exactly the same as I have done the last two times - sweet FA

And I'll get exactly the same result as the last two times :thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Reading all the sniping and hysterical vitriol aimed at Boris, Mogg et al by the usual suspects (never vote Tory types, #teameu types, class warrior types etc) it would appear those that voted him in made exactly the right choice. Despite many misgivings, I am beginning to warm to our new PM.

Is exactly the same reason, in reverse, why many of those 'usual suspects' warmed to Corbyn, for a bit anyway.

But really neither of those people should be leading our two major parties

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But let's talk about how nasty Corbyn is shall we?
Can't we discuss all of their shortcomings? I didn't realise we had to pick a side and defend them at all costs.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If this thread is anything to go by, I'd have to conclude that on balance there is more chance of me and Beyonce having sex in the disabled toilets at Yates tonight than of him uniting the country as he said he would.

7 years ago today it was the opening ceremony of The London Olympics. Look at this country now. :nono:

Bojo will not unite his own party let alone the country. The Olympics such a proud moment for Britain, now we have a clown in charge, we're leaving the world's biggest trade block with no plan and seem hell bent to destroy our own union of nations...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is what will happen. Johnson will agree to the original withdrawal deal that created a border in the Irish Sea, allowing trade between NI and the Republic.

The DUP and ERG will reject it, government loses a vote of confidence as No Deal looms.

Johnson calls a GE on the back of his deal and gets an increased majority as Brexit Party voters return & Labour still arguing with itself.

Johnson then gets new Parliament to ratify deal and we all live happily ever after, albeit a bit poorer.

The DUP would certainly reject it but not so sure about the ERG, they are English nationalists and care little for the union of the UK and even less about Northern Ireland

I do think this is more than possible.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fascists are against democracy. Boris wants to prorogue Parliament to stop democratically elected members of it from democratically exercising their right to vote.

Fascists have a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites. Boris is where he is precisely because of this and his adherence to these beliefs.

Difficult to deny that he has has fascistic tendencies - even if he is not extreme compared to those in the past who have been described with this term.

Hierarchy goes as follows...

Level 1
Boris (& May for that matter) - Some fascist / authoritarian tendencies

Level 2
Farage - Crypto fascist

Level 3
Trump - Developing fascist

Really way too early to use the F-word towards Boris mainly because its hard to know what he represent, he will stab his Brexiter chums in the back for self preservation if required

D

Deleted member 2719

why not, dear old england run by decent human beings instead of well educated mung beans like cameron and johnson?

Golly gosh old boy you are an amazingly beastly man.

That's a hell of a statement that well-educated people are not decent human beings.

This does not correlate at all.

I probably wouldn't want to spend much time with DC apart from thanking him for giving the uk a vote to leave the EU.

I would love to get tight with the likes of Boris, Nigel, the Mogg and Tom Harwood, what a night that would be.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Golly gosh old boy you are an amazingly beastly man.

That's a hell of a statement that well-educated people are not decent human beings.

This does not correlate at all.

i've not said that, do you understand the logic of a venn diagram?

and why don't you want dear old england run efficiently for the greater good of the english people?
i had assumed that you saw yourself as a patriot?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
All for positivity, sometimes that’s half the battle. What I don’t like is when politicians resort to the jingoism you expect from a dictator. It’s cheap, lazy and appeals to the very base of emotions. It’s a very negative approach as no good ever comes from it. There is always a fall guy with this approach.... it will be interesting but also depressing on who will be to blame ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I expect the EU will get the blame if they refuse to budge and renegotiate after the UK HoC rejected the current deal numerous times which makes the no-deal option the default destination which leads to the next in the firing line, Remain MP's in parliament if they end up blocking us leaving (see traitors, enemies of the people headlines, narrative).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here