Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Moose

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good shout.
Bournemouth as a club is a good example. They sign talented young British players (Brooks, Ake & Cook) and then develop them into the finished article.

Plus:
Midfield star of last summer’s WC, Jefferson Lerma - £25m.
Quality CB, or where played elsewhere - Ake £20m.

Employing a mix of squad building routes, playing attacking football and giving them a 0-5 away annihilation at the Amex.

Sometimes clubs have to invest heavily on a player or two, where needs must.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
6694750-6432871-image-m-30_1543317017249.jpg

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Since always.

Amortisation value in clubs accounts is purchase price plus wages (and agent fees etc I assume) divided by the length of the contract.

Transfer fees and agents fees would be capitalised and written off over the life of a contract. Salaries though are current expenditure and would just appear in a Profit & Loss Account rather than a Balance Sheet.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Met The Moose after the City game end of last season as he emerged from the press bit next to the North Stand. Thoroughly nice chap to be fair.

Which is fair enough.

I just wish he wouldn't use this caricature panto character in his reporting because he comes across as a massive KNOB

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If the Moose is 'robbing a living' in journalism then so is everyone else only more so. He's the hardest-working man in sports radio, covering the most miles. And, as has been said, he's a decent guy.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
If the Moose is 'robbing a living' in journalism then so is everyone else only more so. He's the hardest-working man in sports radio, covering the most miles. And, as has been said, he's a decent guy.

Which is also fair enough.

I just don't like the persona he portrays on the radio, which is that of a bumbling fool. If that isn't the real Moose then fair play, I stand corrected.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Which is also fair enough.

I just don't like the persona he portrays on the radio, which is that of a bumbling fool. If that isn't the real Moose then fair play, I stand corrected.

Well, he does have to fit in with the rest of the talkSPORT output, to be fair to him (Hawksbee and Jacobs the honourable exceptions).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That "giggle" of his could drive me towards committing a crazed powertool killing spree in a shopping mall.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Met The Moose after the City game end of last season as he emerged from the press bit next to the North Stand. Thoroughly nice chap to be fair.

The Moose has been treated very poorly by Brazil who encouraged others to talk him down with the result that he had few chances to appear, it appears that his best bet is to cultivate a scottish accent.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The Moose has been treated very poorly by Brazil who encouraged others to talk him down with the result that he had few chances to appear, it appears that his best bet is to cultivate a scottish accent.

Brazil has always had a love/hate relationship with Abrahams. But there’s no real animosity. He (Brazil) even gave him the name The Moose.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

As well as being a thoroughly nice guy it seems he also has an amazing sense of humour judging by this photo he tweeted yesterday.

D3584B02-F095-4310-8EB8-66B15E376BBC.jpeg

Laugh?! I almost cried. That is bloody hilarious.

:lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
[F2871222-55C0-4794-B941-0A76189DC87F.jpeg

The Moose living it up in Palma Nova this week, big miss on Talksport.

Wonder if he got the recommendation from his good friend Graeme Potter?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Moose tips us for relegation in 18th, also thinks West Ham could break the top 6 as the surprise package of the season.

:nono:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whois “GPott” is he a relation of TPot?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Moose tips us for relegation in 18th, also thinks West Ham could break the top 6 as the surprise package of the season.

:nono:

I disagree with his Albion prediction but do agree with him about West Ham.

Excellent manager and Haller and Fornals are brilliant signings. Add them to Lanzini and Yarmolenko coming back from injury along with Felipe Anderson, Rice, Diop and Fabianski, they have got the makings of a very strong side. Full back looks their only potential real weakness.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here