Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Coming round to the theory that the 3 eyed raven is an absolute wrong-un who was actually imprisoned in that magic tree north of the wall. The NK came south of the wall to execute him, or 'bring him in' I suppose.

So Bran will turn out to be the big evil boss who is manipulating everything.

Episode 4 will be an 80 minute corker, I think.

I have genuinely wondered for a long time about Bran/The 3 Eyed Raven. I don't know why people assume he is a force for good, he doesn't show much to indicate that.

As you say, The Night King only cared about Bran. Didn't even bother to kill Daenerys or Jon when stood right in front of them. More to learn about that boy yet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Coming round to the theory that the 3 eyed raven is an absolute wrong-un who was actually imprisoned in that magic tree north of the wall. The NK came south of the wall to execute him, or 'bring him in' I suppose.

I like this idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The Night King came down to execute a prisoner. Killing tens of thousands of people in the process?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just watched episode 3 in the dark!

Do I take it that the dragons are all dead? I couldn't make out anything apart from some grunting and the king with the blue eyes.....what happened to the dwarf guy btw?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Do I take it that the dragons are all dead? I couldn't make out anything apart from some grunting and the king with the blue eyes.....what happened to the dwarf guy btw?

The two ‘good’ dragons are seen to be alive in the trailer for Episode 4.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west

Found it almost impossible to see what was going on. I know the battle was in the night, but what a waste of the absolutely astounding cost of producing this episode, when it was impossible to see who lived and who died.

Will now have to watch Thronecast to find out what actually happened!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Found it almost impossible to see what was going on. I know the battle was in the night, but what a waste of the absolutely astounding cost of producing this episode, when it was impossible to see who lived and who died.

Will now have to watch Thronecast to find out what actually happened!

Do you have an older TV set? It looked fine on my TV but awful on my lad's. Modern TV's have a far higher contrast ratio than past sets.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you have an older TV set? It looked fine on my TV but awful on my lad's. Modern TV's have a far higher contrast ratio than past sets.

I watched on a reasonably recent Ipad and it was very very hard to see wtf was going on. I have never had reason to complain on any other programmes I’ve watched on it either.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Watched episode 3 again and love it even more.

The Night Kung death scene is just excellent. It took an assassin trained by a probable god to bring him down - to stab him in the place where the gragonglass shard was burried - and by another god bringing back Beric and The Hound from the dead to get her to the exact place to do it.

The music is haunting and makes this part of legendary tv.

https://youtu.be/VNcLtsdwkE8

Still unsure why the god brought Jon Snow back from the dead, or what Bran was doing when he 'had to go'. If episode 4 just gives some answers then it is nicely rounded off. The Night King will be back of course, but maybe not for a few thousand years...

Sorry, but that sounds like a fanboy desperately trying to defend something that, ultimately, was a massive disappointment to most viewers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sorry, but that sounds like a fanboy desperately trying to defend something that, ultimately, was a massive disappointment to most viewers.
Not at all. I think it was fantastic. Some of the best TV I have seen in a long, long time.

I get it - you didn't like. Some others didn't like it.

No need to throw around 'fanboy' insults - the implication of which is that my opinion isn't worth anything.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Not at all. I think it was fantastic. Some of the best TV I have seen in a long, long time.

I get it - you didn't like. Some others didn't like it.

No need to throw around 'fanboy' insults - the implication of which is that my opinion isn't worth anything.

Fine. But you did.
:tantrum:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It was 'dark' but when I watched it second time around, and I know all wont have a tv with the same settings, but I changed my tv picture to Vivid - made quite a difference.

The whole series has been absolutely fantastic imho, there will always be opinions as it delivered so much and expectations are off the scale, still wondering what Bran had to be ready for as all his upgrading into the three eyed raven only required him to be bait in a honey trap, not complaining just curious if there is more to come regarding this. And did JS distract the naughty dragon to cover Ayra's sprint?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The whole series has been absolutely fantastic imho, there will always be opinions as it delivered so much and expectations are off the scale, still wondering what Bran had to be ready for as all his upgrading into the three eyed raven only required him to be bait in a honey trap, not complaining just curious if there is more to come regarding this. And did JS distract the naughty dragon to cover Ayra's sprint?

I think that there has to be more. It's just far too clunky to be left like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here