Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How to get the perfect baked potato?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
What news of Baked Potato [MENTION=28453]TomandJerry[/MENTION] ?

If I know you like I think I do, then I imagine that you ran around the kitchen at break-neck speed whilst with another member of the household at different times during a manic 10 minute period, skewering or slicing each other into perfect layers and then re-assembling to continue the melee, then chopping each other with an axe, whacking in the face with an iron, frying pan or other household appliance before one of you got crammed into the same oven as the Baked Potato to be served alongside the aforementioned late lunch with a suitable garnish in your mouth.

Please tell me that is how it turned out.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
What news of Baked Potato [MENTION=28453]TomandJerry[/MENTION] ?

If I know you like I think I do, then I imagine that you ran around the kitchen at break-neck speed whilst with another member of the household at different times during a manic 10 minute period, skewering or slicing each other into perfect layers and then re-assembling to continue the melee, then chopping each other with an axe, whacking in the face with an iron, frying pan or other household appliance before one of you got crammed into the same oven as the Baked Potato to be served alongside the aforementioned late lunch with a suitable garnish in your mouth.

Please tell me that is how it turned out.

To be honest your description of events is pretty accurate, not much more I can add to It.

The baked potatoes I managed to do for late lunch though didn't have quite the crisp to them as I would have liked but not a bad baked potato overall considering my lack of baking them thus far!

The condiments and garish on the side was lashing of tuna mayo,with a simple sprinkle of sweet corn, a side helping of salad with balsamic vinegar. Topped off with a sprinkling of Tom.

Lovely stuff

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
this thread got me thinking about having one so have placed a large potato (573gm) in the oven for about 2 hours and will then add home made chilli. Think that I will scoop out potato adding the chilli and put the skins back in the oven for 30 mins before adding the heated filling. Really looking forward to it at about 7pm

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
this thread got me thinking about having one so have placed a large potato (573gm) in the oven for about 2 hours and will then add home made chilli. Think that I will scoop out potato adding the chilli and put the skins back in the oven for 30 mins before adding the heated filling. Really looking forward to it at about 7pm

What a rock'n roll life, Jagger must be so envious.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Right, whatever I wrote earlier is complete bollocks.

I've just had the perfect baked potato. All that prick, 3-5 minutes microwave stuff, but finished in the oven in the same tray as organic, corn fed chicken breast, battered flat, then stuffed with coarse duck liver pate and red onions sautéed in butter, and then wrapped in oak smoked pancetta, so that the pancetta fat just catches the edges of the potato.

May seem a little over the top for a baked potato, but trust me :D

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Back in my student days, in the absence of a microwave, I shared a tip with a housemate that you can speed up the cooking of a baked potato if you shove a knife right through it and cook it with the knife still in it. The radiated heat from the knife helps cook the inside.

He used a plastic handled knife.

THIS!!!! or with a sqewer left in

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just had one. 10mins microwave 20 mins in the oven at 200 degrees topped with tuna mayo and strong cheddar cheese

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You get what you pay for.

Screenshot_20221009-101513~2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here