Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BBC Statistician - Brighton Squad needs "major surgery"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hoorah [emoji16]

Rejoicing that a decent man got the sack? Great - how commendable!

Yes, we're all waiting to see if Bloom has called it right, hoping that he has and that Potter will take the club forward successfully. But even though he actually did the sacking, Tony Bloom didn't stoop to the level of saying 'hoorah' about it, he had too much class and respect to do that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rejoicing that a decent man got the sack? Great - how commendable!

Yes, we're all waiting to see if Bloom has called it right, hoping that he has and that Potter will take the club forward successfully. But even though he actually did the sacking, Tony Bloom didn't stoop to the level of saying 'hoorah' about it, he had too much class and respect to do that.

FFS. No, you clown, I was rejoicing that you've actually woken up and smelt the coffee WRT Hughton's P45...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FFS. No, you clown, I was rejoicing that you've actually woken up and smelt the coffee WRT Hughton's P45...

The player recruitment hand that Hughton was dealt left him on a hiding to nothing. As GP will shortly discover, if he's forced to work with largely the same Group Of Players.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The player recruitment hand that Hughton was dealt left him on a hiding to nothing. As GP will shortly discover, if he's forced to work with largely the same Group Of Players.

In your opinion, how many would have to come in so GP isn't working with largely the same group?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hughton is a very competant manager and has not much failure on his managerial record over a good number of years. He was here for more than 4 and after a while perhaps his style lost its appeal. He is defensively minded when a team in struggling, often to good effect. I would not say he is naturally a defensive manager as his record for us in the Championship has shown. We attacked and we scored goals.

I see him doing well on his next appointment. GP may get us playing more expansive football but he will do well to beat the 17 th place of last season. OK we get £100million to improve but so do all the others and our recruitment has at best been patchy of late.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, I was fully aware from the start that CH had had his P45
I didn't have to 'wake up' to anything, coffee or otherwise.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No, I was fully aware from the start that CH had had his P45
I didn't have to 'wake up' to anything, coffee or otherwise.

Well, you clearly need to wake up and understand what my Hoorah was about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don’t know what you mean?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nor do I

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not really, if neither of your accounts can express themselves clearly enough. Perhaps B.W.3 could do a better job?

Right, for the hard of understanding, there are too many melts on here who still don’t understand why Chris got sacked. My Hoorah was rejoicing in your enlightenment and definitely NOT in Chris’s plight. As you say, he is a great manager and a great man. I respect all the great work he did for us. However, for about the last 6 months of his tenure our performances and results were appalling and he just had to go... keep up at the back...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I think you’re on the right lines.

But some others rate Locadia, Propper and Jahanbakhsh as premier quality stars, quality footballers with pace, held back by CH.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

But some others rate Locadia, Propper and Jahanbakhsh as premier quality stars, quality footballers with pace, held back by CH.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, now that they've all apparently been 'unshackled', to quote this close season's gormless buzzword :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess we'll find out soon enough, now that they've all apparently been 'unshackled', to quote this close season's gormless buzzword :rolleyes:

That’s my thinking. Come next May, all given a second chance under a coach with different tactics, we will definitivlely know which players are good enough to be in a mid table (hopefully) PL first team.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

I've not really seen too many glimmers from 'skip-legs' and AJ, but I've seen Propper be absolutely imperious in one or two games, so I believe he has the potential.

I'd be genuinely delighted if all of a sudden the squad was hit by a lightning bolt of belief, confidence and new-found skill.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've not really seen too many glimmers from 'skip-legs' and AJ, but I've seen Propper be absolutely imperious in one or two games, so I believe he has the potential.

I'd be genuinely delighted if all of a sudden the squad was hit by a lightning bolt of belief, confidence and new-found skill.

Probably, some will make it, some will fall by the wayside.

Our centre midfield, strikers and some of our wingers, patently lacked pace at PL level. We were such a slow team in attack. To end that, I can’t see both Gross and Propper being in our first 11, otherwise it’s more of the same. Perhaps Propper can take that ‘no 10’ role held by Gross?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I appreciate you don't agree with CHs sacking, but do you honestly think his system suited any of the attack minded players we have?

Personally I just want the fun of going to football to be returned. It had totally gone under CH for me (and many others) as we showed almost no attacking intent for all but about 5 games last season. None of our players will turn into world beaters because we're simply not buying at that level, even if they are "unshackled". But I genuinely believe that there are players who would suit a more offensive mindset. Obviously the impact of that is that we'll probably concede more, and ultimately we'll still lose more games than we win as that's the nature of the beast, but personally I'd prefer that unpredictability and excitement over the borefest we've been served for the last two years, the odd moment aside.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I appreciate you don't agree with CHs sacking, but do you honestly think his system suited any of the attack minded players we have?

Personally I just want the fun of going to football to be returned. It had totally gone under CH for me (and many others) as we showed almost no attacking intent for all but about 5 games last season. None of our players will turn into world beaters because we're simply not buying at that level, even if they are "unshackled". But I genuinely believe that there are players who would suit a more offensive mindset. Obviously the impact of that is that we'll probably concede more, and ultimately we'll still lose more games than we win as that's the nature of the beast, but personally I'd prefer that unpredictability and excitement over the borefest we've been served for the last two years, the odd moment aside.

We need the CM’ers with both pace and speed of thought, to unlock the latent top flight talent you and others see in our new signings. Without that vital creativity, they’re left out on a limb.

A Maddison, Felipe Anderson, Doucoure, Pereyra type of player.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That’s my thinking. Come next May, all given a second chance under a coach with different tactics, we will definitivlely know which players are good enough to be in a mid table (hopefully) PL first team.

Reckon we'll know by the end of September after the first tranche of winnable games. Leave it much later than that and we'll blow the chance of applying any fixes in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here