Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris hughton news conference

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Wolves result is a little misleading, the fact they committed no fouls indicates they were not playing at 100% commitment, yet we still only just clung on for a much needed point.

The zero fouls is more of a factor of our inability to get at them in their half rather than their lack of committment. They had 23 shots, 14 corners, hit the woodwork twice. It was hardy a stroll in the park.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why is he tiresome? Because it doesn't suit your agenda?

Because in all the years I've been on NSC I've never noticed him post a single positive comment. Just continually slates the manager, players, tactics, the club in general. Mind you, you were rhe one suggesting fans who had attended the last few games must be stupid. Neither of you actually go to matches, do you?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Because in all the years I've been on NSC I've never noticed him post a single positive comment. Just continually slates the manager, players, tactics, the club in general. Mind you, you were rhe one suggesting fans who had attended the last few games must be stupid. Neither of you actually go to matches, do you?

I think you need to re-read what I posted. I was feeling sorry for them having to watch the crap they have been served up. Again, you are fitting an agenda to suit your needs.

My season ticket may prove you wrong. You really need to do your homework before posting.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why is he tiresome? Because it doesn't suit your agenda?

Personally, I don't have an agenda. I just want to get behind the side for the final 4 games without a load of negative bullshit on every single thread no matter what the discussion.

Tony Bloom is not going to sack Chris before the end of the season. Period.

So all the sarcastic, denigrating, disparaging comments about a well respected, dignified manager who has served this club incredibly well, with success and integrity, I do also find incredibly tiresome.

Yes, it may well be time for him to go and people have that opinion. The way it's going with repeated comments from some people though is nothing short of disgraceful, and does absolutely nothing whatsoever to help our current plight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I don't have an agenda. I just want to get behind the side for the final 4 games without a load of negative bullshit on every single thread no matter what the discussion.

So all the sarcastic, denigrating, disparaging comments about a well respected, dignified manager who has served this club incredibly well, with success and integrity, I do also find incredibly tiresome.

Yes, it may well be time for him to go and people have that opinion. The way it's going with repeated comments from some people though is nothing short of disgraceful, and does absolutely nothing whatsoever to help our current plight.

As one of the more negative posters on here I agree with you. Just posting negative shit ALL the time is very tiresome. I do at least try and look for some occasional positives. I hope you’ve noticed :smile:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I don't think it dents our plight either. People are allowed, like yourself, to an opinion, if that is because we have been sliding blindly into the abyss people have an absolute right to make the comment, yes? Or should we all be happy clappy's and stick our faith into the dish we are being served?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The zero fouls is more of a factor of our inability to get at them in their half rather than their lack of committment. They had 23 shots, 14 corners, hit the woodwork twice. It was hardy a stroll in the park.

Credit where credit is due, I've never seen the fouls committed statistic to equal the effort a side has put into a game. It's a new one for me. :D

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes it was on match of the day 2 last night he said “Brighton have accepted what they have got, and have stopped playing” basically saying we are more likely to go down as Cardiff are still trying.

Well its pretty hard to disagree after the Crdiff and Bmuff shambles that was nowhere near made up for the performance at Wolves. So which team are we going to get v Newcastle next week as THE key game left.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think it dents our plight either. People are allowed, like yourself, to an opinion, if that is because we have been sliding blindly into the abyss people have an absolute right to make the comment, yes? Or should we all be happy clappy's and stick our faith into the dish we are being served?

Just support your team, through good times and bad. It is that simple.

That is what supporting a football club is all about isn't it?

Make comments all you like, doesn't stop them being tiresome.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well its pretty hard to disagree after the Crdiff and Bmuff shambles that was nowhere near made up for the performance at Wolves. So which team are we going to get v Newcastle next week as THE key game left.

Hate to say it but I think we are likely to see better performances away from home. The collective sighing and shouting as soon as an error is made , whilst understandable doesn’t help. At least away from home it’s not so obvious.

Once we go a goal down and show no signs of getting back into the game it is turning more and more toxic at the Amex :down:

An early goal against Newcastle would be awesome if nailbiting as we go back, again understandably, to 11 men behind the ball for the rest of the game but we may get a really supportive atmosphere.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

When you sit back offering nothing in attack, the opposition will naturally have plenty of shots.

We couldn't get at them because every time we looked like building an attack, we gave the ball away.

We have no confidence as a team and this stems from our negative tactics. We have nothing positive to focus on to help build confidence.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When you sit back offering nothing in attack, the opposition will naturally have plenty of shots.

We couldn't get at them because every time we looked like building an attack, we gave the ball away.

We have no confidence as a team and this stems from our negative tactics. We have nothing positive to focus on to help build confidence.

You forget the 15 mins after half time where we did seem to be playing as a team again but not really threatening.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hate to say it but I think we are likely to see better performances away from home. The collective sighing and shouting as soon as an error is made , whilst understandable doesn’t help. At least away from home it’s not so obvious.

Once we go a goal down and show no signs of getting back into the game it is turning more and more toxic at the Amex :down:

An early goal against Newcastle would be awesome if nailbiting as we go back, again understandably, to 11 men behind the ball for the rest of the game but we may get a really supportive atmosphere.

Yes true. Dont ageee with the booing that goes on - doesnt help anyone but can understand it with yet another misplaced pass..... drives me nuts.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Always perplexes me, this booing thing. I don't do it myself, by the way.

So, you boo a player for making multiple crap passes, not trying enough, or having a piss-poor first touch. He then gets all nervous (apparently) and it makes him play worse. "Don't boo him!" we cry...

Conversely, we all get behind the team and cheer a player for making multiple crap passes, not trying enough, or having a piss-poor first touch. He then, assumedly, thinks he's playing just fine and dandy so doesn't really have to try any harder.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here