Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Knockaert is inconsistent and I suspect it's to do with his personal issues, but I do agree he has done more than Ali J. He needs to be taken to one side and encouraged for his positive side and dealt with about his not so positive side.

Give Ali J 4/5 starts on the right and youll forget about knocky. Of course he has done more than Ali j lol. Ali J has been out of position the entire year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surprised that one of the Championship promotion chasers didn’t come in for him in January.

£12-15m and he’ll all but guarantee you promotion.

(Or maybe they did but we knocked them back)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The problem is a lot of our fans have a sentimental problem. Can't sack Hughton cause he got us here, Knockaert is worshipped. The thing is, football is a business and results matter.

If we were to get relegated it could have all kinds of implications. That's the biggest worry.

Well said, that man.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm pretty sure he was getting legendary recognition on here after scoring the winner against Palace. Didn't he get MOTM in the Semi's too?

and who said Football fans are fickle?

Emotions aside, he's still a very good player on his day. Definitely too good for us to just flog off over a silly Red card and a useless team performance. If we can up the standard within our starting lineup , I'm sure we would see ak 's key attributes being used better.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Izzy was a good signing but clearly not 100% since the World Cup and apparently is to have a further op in the summer. Locadia does seem to have something about him, but he’s clearly not a 15m player and it’s harsh to blame Hughton’s tactics for his lack of impact. Ali J just isn’t very good: a flat track bully, who’ll probably thrive at Championship level. If it wasn’t for injuries to Izzy and March, he’d have struggled to make the match day squad.

The only signings I’ve been impressed with of this season’s batch are Bernardo and Bissouma. Montoya is used to playing in teams like Barcelona and Valencia who don’t come under the sort of pressure that we do. Ali J hasn’t shown anything yet and Andone has shown the odd flash of talent but nothing consistent. And even though I love Bissouma, I wouldn’t play him against Cardiff. Giving the ball away and not chasing back won’t cut it on Tuesday. Time for the return of the king.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Knocky has been with us just over 3 years. When he joined us he was 24 and is now reaching what should be his peak years at 27.

I would have expected him to have matured in those 3 years and normally you would expect a significant part of that maturing process for an attacking player to be in his decision making. I don't think I have seen any improvement in that area. He is just as exciting and infuriating in equal doses as he was when he joined. He still looks at 3 approaching defenders as a challenge, every time, rather than an opportunity to move the ball quickly and take those 3 out of the game.

I appreciate that he is now playing at a higher level, but if he hasn't improved in this area in the last 3 years, I can't really see it happening in the next 3 :down:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm pretty sure he was getting legendary recognition on here after scoring the winner against Palace. Didn't he get MOTM in the Semi's too?

and who said Football fans are fickle?

Emotions aside, he's still a very good player on his day. Definitely too good for us to just flog off over a silly Red card and a useless team performance. If we can up the standard within our starting lineup , I'm sure we would see ak 's key attributes being used better.

Let’s face it, if any of our players was perfect, they wouldn’t be playing for us. Knockaert does more for us in most games than Locadia or Ali J seem capable of. Not just the goal at Palace but the assist against Huddersfield.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Give Ali J 4/5 starts on the right and youll forget about knocky. Of course he has done more than Ali j lol. Ali J has been out of position the entire year.

This.

Funny some in the thread giving Knocky endless excuses when if Ali J loses the ball once they blame the loss on him. I am glad he didn’t get subbed in yesterday otherwise they would have said the loss was because of him again and rated everyone 7-8 and Ali J 1-2. Knocky has a couple of “nice” goals for the highlight reels but he otherwise slows down the attack by holding on to the ball too long and often inappropriately shooting when he should pass, not to mention his constant temper tantrums at teammates that must destroy morale.

With him out a few games am hoping for Ali J, Locadia and Andone together w Alireza on the right.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Is it sentimentalism or having a semblance of loyalty?

Loyalty is like a faithful dog licking the hand of its dead owner and refusing to move from their side.

Sentimentalism is a kind of nostalgia. Looking back on the good times, not really thinking pragmatically about what the future holds.

I don't want to think of football as a business, but I do want to see the club I support - you know, kind of succeeding? So results do matter, and a 0-5 home defeat to Bournmouth, and not having scored in three games, is a wee bit embarrassing.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Loyalty is like a faithful dog licking the hand of its dead owner and refusing to move from their side.

Sentimentalism is a kind of nostalgia. Looking back on the good times, not really thinking pragmatically about what the future holds.

I don't want to think of football as a business, but I do want to see the club I support - you know, kind of succeeding? So results do matter, and a 0-5 home defeat to Bournmouth, and not having scored in three games, is a wee bit embarrassing.

I agree, BUT wether you like it or not at the end of the day footbal is a business.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I see I am not the only member you are stalking on here. Boring life you must have.

I don't have a clue who you are and I'm not sure I've ever debated anything with you on here before?

Nonetheless, you're wrong. Football is a sport. Try going outside and playing it, you'll see.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
I don't have a clue who you are and I'm not sure I've ever debated anything with you on here before?

Nonetheless, you're wrong. Football is a sport. Try going outside and playing it, you'll see.

Played at the high school and College level. Thank you so much though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also. He seems a bit heavier this season...his chest is a bit barrel shaped these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Played at the high school and College level. Thank you so much though.

How much did they pay you to play?

This is a daft argument. I don’t need to be a plumber to know my toilet won’t flush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here