Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF Cardiff turn us over on Tuesday...

If Cardiff beat us on Tuesday, will they finish above us?

• Yes - we'd go down

Votes: 234 81.5%
  • No - we still have enough about us to stay up

Votes: 53 18.5%

• Total voters

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Can you see Palace rolling over to send us down? Me too.

We would approach the game like any other game, hopefully like we did against you lot.
Will be nice to see some of the youngsters getting some PL experience as well :wink:

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Don't care if we go down now. At least we'd have a chance of winning some games next season.

It’s a tricky one for me - I’d rather stay in the Premier and have a go with a new manager next season. Having said that, I do like the Championship and feel I would get over the relegation quickly.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Two wins out of 12 is relegation form. No-one is playing as badly as we are, including relegated Huddersfield, who created quite a lot of chances at Tottenham yesterday, something we would not do. We look totally devoid of creativity & guile and have lost our defensive steel. It’s set up nicely for Cardiff to come and have a real go.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think you’ll draw on Tuesday, and prolong the agony.
If you lose, you will drop.
Hughton’s negative football is history repeating itself.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If we lose to Cardiff we will go down.
If we play to our potential we won’t lose to Cardiff .
If we are off our game , they will beat us .
If it’s a draw it’s a big ask for Cardiff to stay up
But if they are two points behind us with a game to go (them palace, us city), it’s a nightmare scenario of Shakespearean proportions .

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we stay up on 33 points I think it will be the lowest ever

2010 you would have survived on 31 points, 3rd from bottom only managed 30points. But I guess what you’re saying is what is the lowest total 17th got, not what the actual survival points needed were. Not sure why I typed this...:moo:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the plus side, if we win, they will have to beat Liverpool or Manchester United (and the 2 ‘winnable’ games). Worrying but we have been in worse positions.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fulham and Palace theyd pick up points from. And would probably only need one win out of those anyway cos f knows how we'd get any other points

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
On the plus side, if we win, they will have to beat Liverpool or Manchester United (and the 2 ‘winnable’ games). Worrying but we have been in worse positions.

I have absolutely no confidence in us pulling off a win on Tuesday. At best I can see a 0-0 but I'm not even sure we can manage that at the moment in the league! I really really hope I'm proved wrong, but Cardiff will be chomping at the bit and under CH we generally play shockingly bad under those circumstances.........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have absolutely no confidence in us pulling off a win on Tuesday. At best I can see a 0-0 but I'm not even sure we can manage that at the moment in the league! I really really hope I'm proved wrong, but Cardiff will be chomping at the bit and under CH we generally play shockingly bad under those circumstances.........

Yep....my fear too. Team look shot to pieces at the moment and there for the taking. I really think Cardiff will beat us, and get another win as their tails will be up. As for us genuinely can’t see where we’ll get a goal, let alone any points. Hope I’m wrong obviously.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Yep....my fear too. Team look shot to pieces at the moment and there for the taking. I really think Cardiff will beat us, and get another win as their tails will be up. As for us genuinely can’t see where we’ll get a goal, let alone any points. Hope I’m wrong obviously.

The problem for CH is how the hell do you prepare for a game just two/three days after losing 0-5 to a side with an away record as bad as Bournemouth? Mentally we must be completely shot to add to our inability to defend/score. CH will put out the best side he can but Cardiff will smell blood. We'll need a miracle.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We have two games left that are realistically ones we would expect somthing from while Cardiff have three games that they could hope to get somthing from and one of those games is against each other so with that in mind a draw should be enough with our superior goal difference,

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Cardiff win and it will go to the last day. Tuesday is our last chance of points, after that it's keeping the G/D down. If it's a draw then we have to match their Fulham result when we play Newcastle. Not looking good on current form.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We have two games left that are realistically ones we would expect somthing from while Cardiff have three games that they could hope to get somthing from and one of those games is against each other so with that in mind a draw should be enough with our superior goal difference,

Id take a draw right now, certainly, however whether it would be enough, who knows. I can see cardiff beating palace and fulham so we'd need at least a point at home to Newcastle ... (We won't get anything out of our away games I'm sure!)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Cardiff win and it will go to the last day. Tuesday is our last chance of points, after that it's keeping the G/D down. If it's a draw then we have to match their Fulham result when we play Newcastle. Not looking good on current form.

Have to hope Newcastle are on the beach by the time we play them...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're 11/1 to go down. On current form that is WELL worth a sniff.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Lose to Cardiff and we're gone. Draw or win and I'm sure we will be fine. Lets make it like the Wednesday play off game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here