Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He defended mad Anthony Mc Mad Knockaert on the radio. His side played decent football and didn't time waste, clog or act silly.

Time to move on, I suspect, with respect to the smugeddie sneer. He has every right to be smug.

We have a far more pernicious shitter of a manager arriving with his team of pit ponies on Tuesday. Expect clogging, time wasting (when they are 1-0 up. OK at 0-0), dangerous challenges and daffodils. It will be a horror show.

Anyway, in this evening of bitterness and recrimination, I'd just like to say, well done Eddie.

(so, who will be first to reply with '**** off, you soppy old tart?' I think its a toss up between [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION], [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION])

in the cold hard light of day there are a few glaring issues ......Hughton's assertion that it could have been worse than 5-0 and the fact that Bournemouth have a largely English squad that done us 5-0 at home without giving Jordan Ibe or Nathan Clyne a run they have some excellent , home grown players and for that they deserve credit , makes our efforts at swiping bargains from foreign leagues even more disappointing. Well done Eddie , you smug twatt , your boys wiped our arses for us .....literally.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
His players were up to their usual antics. Boruc was time wasting and making gestures at the North Stand. Cook was shouting at the family stand and acting like the **** he is. Every single one of their players ran round the referee when Knockaert made the tackle.

Smug Eddie will never have my respect.

Yeah couldn't believe the time wasting at 2-0 against 10 men, just pathetic.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Eddie is okay, never got the whole smug thing, and the frankly embarrassing, condescending crap all too often posted on here about AFC aren't views held by the majority of decent BHA fans, no matter how much it's passed off as 'tongue in cheek bantz' (Oh how we laughed).

Absolutely. Small club doing well... it wasn't long ago we were at Withdean ffs. So cringworthy people calling B'mouth tinpot etc. Fortunately just mostly keyboard warriors on here as you say, rather than vast majority of our fanbase

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Knows the division and sets up his teams well, our players were not even fit to clean their players boots.

Their away form has been patchy yet they thrashed us big time, can we turn this around ?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Absolutely. Small club doing well... it wasn't long ago we were at Withdean ffs. So cringworthy people calling B'mouth tinpot etc. Fortunately just mostly keyboard warriors on here as you say, rather than vast majority of our fanbase

One of our lot in the train queue was giving it about this. Late teens - with a group of the three or four. What a complete knob.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Different different level to hughton. Literally best English manager in last 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that he did not do very well when he left them and went scurrying back.
Sometimes managers are very comfortable at a club they know so well and not expected to win things year on year.
I am not saying he would not do well, he is a good manager for Bournemouth, but if he left again it would be interesting to see if he would fail again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would you,a diehard Seagulls fan of many years standing, really stop going if Eddie Howe became manager?
If so, why?

I can't stand him. He hasn't succeeded anywhere else except Bournemouth (who we know cheated FFP) and even lied to them when he said he wasn't going to leave them, and promptly went to Burnley the very next morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here