Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Hughes The Times "Hughton feels the heat"

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
So many biting on this completely made up story. This is how decent managers get sacked.

He quotes that they concentrate on not conceding a goal. There isnt a team in the league that doesnt do this as a priority. The first thing Newcastle said after thier game vs Leicester was that it was good to get a clean sheet. At any club there are players left out the team who wont be happy this notion that every player loves the manager while winning is flawed. Sure it makes it more bearable but they will still feel the same. If we do go down he is the best manager to get us back up but after this I can just see us getting him sacked.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't see how you can discuss any Albion players lack of potency in front of goal and not bring Murray into the discussion.

I love how the palace reprieve gets pulled out as some kind of redemption completely forgetting the fact he was 'dropped' because he was so poor, then went on to start and play far far worse v Millwall, Southampton and unsurprisingly City.

My bone of contention with 2019 is the managers refusal to change either the failing system or the players that are failing the system.

I believe CH has the players at his disposal to make 4-3-3 work very well but his reliance on GM and not running the risk of conceding a goal is holding everybody (esp Locadia, Andone and Ali J) back.
You won't get me defending the inclusion of Murray so consistently but I reiterate. I am not convinced Locadia should start before AJ or Andone. So we sort of agree on one issue but not another

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So many biting on this completely made up story. This is how decent managers get sacked.

He quotes that they concentrate on not conceding a goal. There isnt a team in the league that doesnt do this as a priority. The first thing Newcastle said after thier game vs Leicester was that it was good to get a clean sheet. At any club there are players left out the team who wont be happy this notion that every player loves the manager while winning is flawed. Sure it makes it more bearable but they will still feel the same. If we do go down he is the best manager to get us back up but after this I can just see us getting him sacked.

TB will not sack him, he wouldn’t even sack Hyypia FFS. He backs his judgement to the hilt.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I think you overestimate the influence of us keyboard warriors.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't see how you can discuss any Albion players lack of potency in front of goal and not bring Murray into the discussion.

I love how the palace reprieve gets pulled out as some kind of redemption completely forgetting the fact he was 'dropped' because he was so poor, then went on to start and play far far worse v Millwall, Southampton and unsurprisingly City.

My bone of contention with 2019 is the managers refusal to change either the failing system or the players that are failing the system.

I believe CH has the players at his disposal to make 4-3-3 work very well but his reliance on GM and not running the risk of conceding a goal is holding everybody (esp Locadia, Andone and Ali J) back.

Agreed.........irony is I’m not even sure he’d have been first choice for much of the season if Hemed hadn’t got a ban early on.

Really hope today’s line up is as predicted and is given a chance to work (if it doesn’t today, I fear CH will immediately revert to ‘tried and trusted’)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Agreed.........irony is I’m not even sure he’d have been first choice for much of the season if Hemed hadn’t got a ban early on.

Really hope today’s line up is as predicted and is given a chance to work (if it doesn’t today, I fear CH will immediately revert to ‘tried and trusted’)
Can we put to bed the mourning of the loss of Hemed? Great player while here but we have better much better now. Could you imagine Murray, Locadia or Andone playing as few minutes as Hemed is currently at QPR?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Must be a Cardiff supporter..article designed to cause ructions amongst the natives

There is also an article about Warnock possibly facing the sack at Cardiff etc. etc. in the same 'Football Notebook' written by Matt Hughes, so I think the above comment is unlikely to be true, especially as he supports Hudders.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we put to bed the mourning of the loss of Hemed? Great player while here but we have better much better now. Could you imagine Murray, Locadia or Andone playing as few minutes as Hemed is currently at QPR?

Only if we can also put to bed the idea that Hemed would be exactly the same player had he stayed at Premier League Brighton as he has become under hatstand QPR run by Schteeve.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There is also an article about Warnock possibly facing the sack at Cardiff etc. etc. in the same 'Football Notebook' written by Matt Hughes, so I think the above comment is unlikely to be true, especially as he supports Hudders.

Aye..but then I wasn't being that serious :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the absence of a betting thread here seems as good a place as any to say I've gone large on a big Jurg hat trick at 300/1.

The words:-
Candy
&
Baby

Spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here