Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Maris Piper Spuds

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
BG

For guaranteed success

Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes - Fantastic !

available from most supermarkets - certainly Asda !

BG

For guaranteed success

Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes - Fantastic !

available from most supermarkets - certainly Asda !
Totally agree with this, the only potatoes that I've managed to roast perfectly evenly, which they do every time. Lovely and fluffy inside as well; does anybody know what variety they use?

Spuds vary from year to year, I always use Reds such as Desiree, Romano or Stemster....but that's only because I grow them.
Aren't Lincolnshire Reds up to standard?

I've only just twigged why you're called Vegster!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Totally agree with this, the only potatoes that I've managed to roast perfectly evenly, which they do every time. Lovely and fluffy inside as well; does anybody know what variety they use?

Aren't Lincolnshire Reds up to standard?

I've only just twigged why you're called Vegster!
The variety IS called Rooster. Developed (naturally) in Ireland.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is the question - Nile's wife, defender Steve and the team you support?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not noticed any drop in quality but that said it's all about how you cook them. Boil until the edges become fluffy - drain and let the steam come off ( v.important to get rid of the moisture ). Then put back in the pan and gently bash them by shaking. Turn out into the roasting tray. Now season. Quick glug of olive oil ( rapeseed oil is even better ) and sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of palenta (sp?) over. Mix gentley. Add garlic cloves and fresh rosemary. Now put slices of beef dripping over the top and whack in the oven. Only turn the spuds ONCE. Hey presto - best roasties in the world.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not noticed any drop in quality but that said it's all about how you cook them. Boil until the edges become fluffy - drain and let the steam come off ( v.important to get rid of the moisture ). Then put back in the pan and gently bash them by shaking. Turn out into the roasting tray. Now season. Quick glug of olive oil ( rapeseed oil is even better ) and sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of palenta (sp?) over. Mix gentley. Add garlic cloves and fresh rosemary. Now put slices of beef dripping over the top and whack in the oven. Only turn the spuds ONCE. Hey presto - best roasties in the world.

polenta mate....polenta...!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is not the cooking which is a concern with Mrs BG as she is an excellent cook and they always turn out perfectly but the quality of the actual potatoes when peeling and taking out the eyes etc.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've heard good things about Sarpo Miras, especially in terms of being blight resistant. You can get a fairly decent crop from them too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here