Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
All hailing Hughton as an untouchable legend but where is the progression from last season? Equally as bad away from home, worse at home. Still go into an away game against a top 15 side expecting to lose ‘to nil’.
Not a great position to be in at nearly the end of the 2nd season is it?

Alex Ferguson had the odd bad season in amongst his tremendous success. Be careful who you wish for. Moyes maybe?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Obviously the original post is ott but we are particularly lame when we play Chelsea

Unfortunately, the defensive set up that got us to this division and kept us here last year generally involves conceding possession and keeping our shape, stopping wingers from getting in behind us and forcing teams to either cross from deep towards two very good centre halves, or take the ball into a crowded middle. If mistakes are not made, this can be very hard to break down, but not against Eden Hazard. Our shape just seems to give him a pocket to operate in and he does us every time. He is an incredible player, a joy to watch and I hope he leaves the country as soon as possible and we never have to play him again.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's our second season in the Premier League and we are in the Semi-final of the effing FA Cup. Sheesh!

The problem with this argument and 'look at what CH has done' type posts is that they are retrospective. The guy is a legend, but so was Mullers and he passed his sell by date. It takes nothing away from CH's achievements to say that he may not be the one to take us forward. I am not saying he isn't but just let's open minds to idea that he might not be.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Look I’m a fan just like you all, but who had heard of Ralph Hasenhüttl for example? They ARE out there and I’m not for a second criticising Chris but we are big time now and I’d assume Tony wants to stay there. I love Chris for all he has done but I just don’t think he’s got it in him to push us on. That’s all!

'I genuinely think we will go down next year if not.'

Really ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How about we have a 'leave and 'remain' thread for when people keep arguing or changing their minds on this.

We could call it CHEXIT

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why was it removed?

I think it all got a bitt too vitriolic (possibly somewhere in the first couple of dozen pages on the Brexit thread)! Like many, I missed it a bit at first, but in retrospect I think it was the right decision. As I said, it's just the odd occasion when I would like to have it back - 'Hughton out' threads being a good example of when!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No idea why anyone thought the PL would be much fun. Scrap the hype of being here and you realise the top 6 sides are miles better than anyone else bar the odd rogue season where someone breaks in for 1 year.
CH plays the way he thinks will get us over the line come the end of the season. It’s not great to watch 99% of time but it’s worked ok so far. We are 5 points above the drop Cardiff have 6 games to play and playing a 1st FA cup semi final in 35 years. Granted we will most likely be tonked by city but at least we are there.
We are still right down the bottom in terms of wages and money spent but why should TB keep spending money from his own pocket. CH is given the job to keep us up again this year and hopefully that is what he does.
I am yet to hear a candidate who is going to Make us kick on especially with the players we have.

I wonder how many 'hooten out' people are also hard brexitters? 'We don't need a mangerial plan B, just sack him now. Hard CHexit'. For actual ****'s sake. :ffsparr:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We are currently following a plan to improve.

We are round about where we should be in terms of that plan.

I have faith in the people who are running the plan.

I understand the plan and think it is a good one.

I don't see the need to change the plan.

I would suggest that if someone is going to suggest changing the plan then it is up to them to suggest a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it all got a bitt too vitriolic (possibly somewhere in the first couple of dozen pages on the Brexit thread)! Like many, I missed it a bit at first, but in retrospect I think it was the right decision. As I said, it's just the odd occasion when I would like to have it back - 'Hughton out' threads being a good example of when!

Used as a tool to 'steam' people, dog-whistle style, and in the comfort of not having to actually justify one's self. We don't need it. Perfectly easy to rebut a comment, and if others agree they can thumbs up the rebut.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Hughton IN. Can't see any one else better and if we did get some one experienced I'm 90% sure we'd go straight down BUT I would like Hughton to change his tactics, we have some good players all over the pitch but the system doesn't seem to be suiting them. Pröpper, Bissouma and AJ are great technical players but we hardly see it out of them, I also genuinely feel like Locadia is a decent footballer

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
'I genuinely think we will go down next year if not.'

Really ???

YES! we are cannon fodder and we will continue to be next year! Look at that smug wanker at Bournemouth, yes he’s spent silly money and they should never have been able to get away with it but he plays a WATCHABLE style of football. Hughton bless him, is out of control now and it’s not going to get any better with Ashworth pulling the strings. I just feel that the summer could be the time for Chris to walk, that’s all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I would suggest that if someone is going to suggest changing the plan then it is up to them to suggest a new one.

Precisely.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't think he deserves to be sacked at all. But I would like him to go. I can count on one hand the amount of enjoyable games we've had this season. We are so so poor and just unbelievably boring to watch, can we please, sometimes, just attack a bit? 1 shot all game tonight. Every away game is the exact same typical loss, 2 or 3 nil with us never looking like scoring. Thank god we've got Wembley to look forward to because this season has been pretty painful to watch.

And its like a lot of clubs can look forward to an FA Cup final most years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

And luckily for us the days of our club being run by morons has long gone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I get what you're saying, I just don't get why would you suggest getting rid of a manager if you had no 'plan b' or replacement in mind. Even if a) they don't become the manager or b) turn out to be shite, at least have a SUGGESTION and a justification for the action!

Because we're not the people who hire the replacement. Because the person you suggest may end up being just as bad. What people are actually calling for is a change, a new approach will come from whoever you bring in instead, so who is not that important, they will be 'not Hughton' which by it's nature brings that change. At each level of the football table, there's a certain level of manager you have access to. We have survived in the premier league for a season, have a great set up, with a new stadium, and owner willing to back his manager. We are a team that at this point would be able to get the sort of manager who has aspirations of growing a premier league side and the ability to do so; we are a team that would expect applications or interest from a number of managers who wouldn't have looked at us in the championship, but now could just about keep us up like Hughton, but perhaps with a different approach. We're not a struggling league one team, playing in an athletics track any more. The managerial merrygoround woll always offer alternatives.

Also, if it doesn't matter that their suggestion isn't even considered by the club, if it doesn't matter that their suggestion isn't any good, why bother with the question at all? If they say 'Replace him with Danny McBride' how does that make their call for change more valid? It's a suggestion. It's a terrible one, but at least they've given a name, right?

Justify why they shouldn't stay - absolutely. Name a manager's replacement? Meaningless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here