Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Farage is not an idiot, he is however someone who made a very successful business career out of the EU. On one hand taking the EU cash as a MEP and attracting more cash from anti EU businesss and individuals who thought he was a " man of the people ".

There is no way he's a man of the people but he's very good at appearing to be one

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’ve always detested the folk (posh scum and their rural rent a thug workers) who fox hunt. Have had many a discussion over the years with those who justify it all because “there are too many foxes” apparently, or “because it’s a way of life that knits the countryside” together. Very aware that the Labour MP (yours) Hoey is a massive supporter of blood sports, and funnily enough Brexit. Can’t stand her. Pleased the law was passed, but Blair’s heart wasn’t in it and it was watered down with the following a scent copout. In reality, the law is ignored, with friendly coppers turning a blind eye, and some observers very badly injured by the rural thugs.

I wonder if a Corbyn government would crush the cruel sport?

This is spot on. It can also be used to illustrate how Tories perceive Democracy. 80+% of the population want fox hunting banned yet when the Tories had a majority in parliament they wanted Parliament to vote on it thinking they would reverse the law. So where is the ' will of the people' is paramount in this case.

The EU is far from perfect but its a lot better than where we are going.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So will we see the same if there is a second referendum and its a different result second time round?
I lean towards remain, but accept the first result.
Very dangerous game this.

Yes and no.

What's happened over numerous governments is the forgetting of the "have nots" which has led to a huge protest vote.

Tonight you have a Tory MP on the television saying "only those who voted out" count.

He has just dismissed 50 percent of the electorate.

That's also a very dangerous game.

The only solution (and it's a shit one) is a very soft brexit.

That's inevitably where we are heading.

I repeat if anyone on the hard leave side thinks that is it, they are in a for a shock.

They appear to have forgotten we have elections in this country.

Even on the outside a pro-European position is always going to win votes.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Rather depressingly, and predictably, the creator of the A50 petition has received death threats. Lovely stuff.

She's an absolute sweetie.

creature-putting-down.png

petition9.png

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
One million snowflakes who can't accept a result

Because the result was wrong, created by ignorant, stupid and racist people who did not bother to even start thinking it through before voting.
The far more intelligent remainers are now helping you out to stop this dangerous farce from proceeding any further.
Just think of it like a Mother & Father protecting their siblings from peril because they are too immature and stupid to make the right decisions for themselves until they are old and wise enough to fall on their own sword.
And you don't even have to thank us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please, could someone please give just one rational and reasonable advantage of Brexit for the 99% of the population who don't have large offshore investments?
A *no deal* Brexit will mean we all lose loads of weight, cutting the NHS cost of obesity.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Didn’t want to leave as I thought it would be shit for business cost bundles and be an utter **** up. All things have come true with bells on but how the **** can you have another vote. Totally destroy the principals of democracy and you would never get anything through parliament. Cases would go back and forth in court, appeals over commons votes, even a Rotherham child groomer could appeal saying he wasn’t given a leaflet explaining it was wrong,

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
99% of the nation didnt attend todays march against democracy.
Something to be thankful for at least.
So maths isn't your strong point either. The only thing I've seen that you're actually good at is "making a complete tit of yourself on the internet, over and over again".

For that, you should get a medal. Superb work.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Didn’t want to leave as I thought it would be shit for business cost bundles and be an utter **** up. All things have come true with bells on but how the **** can you have another vote. Totally destroy the principals of democracy and you would never get anything through parliament. Cases would go back and forth in court, appeals over commons votes, even a Rotherham child groomer could appeal saying he wasn’t given a leaflet explaining it was wrong,

One thing is for sure, you don't EVER put anything this massive to a vote where 50%+1 is binding. It's ridiculous. Doing so is a recipe for splitting any country. You have to make it clear from the start that major national changes require at least a certain sized majority, say 67%. David Cameron was a berk.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So maths isn't your strong point either. The only thing I've seen that you're actually good at is "making a complete tit of yourself on the internet, over and over again".

For that, you should get a medal. Superb work.

700000 attending the march when not including exaggerations
66 million population of the UK…..actually its more if you take the Latest UN figures

that’s 1.06% attending
that 98.94% not attending

my mistake for being out by a whopping 0.06%

even making it 1m showing up its 98.5% not attending.

What does your brain maths arrive at angry little man

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
700000 attending the march when not including exaggerations
66 million population of the UK…..actually its more if you take the Latest UN figures

that’s 1.06% attending
that 98.94% not attending

my mistake for being out by a whopping 0.06%

even making it 1m showing up its 98.5% not attending.

What does your brain maths arrive at angry little man
It was over a million. Just because you want to make up your own figures it doesn't make them right......

And I've told you before, I'm neither angry nor little.

I'm just another person laughing at your pathetic posts. Screenshot boy. You're a laughing stock and you don't even seem to realise it. Self awareness also not one of your strong points, obviously. [emoji23]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You are missing the point. You may think it’s democratic and you may be right but the majority of leavers probably won’t see it as democratic which is why it could be catastrophic

On the other hand, I would not mind betting that those most keen on leaving might think it undemocratic if Parliament chooses a soft Brexit that is not out enough for them. At least with a second referendum, either the type of leave we get or remaining will be shown to be the will of the people, whereas the simple leave result can never be held as a clear choice to be like Norway or to be like Canada or to be like Switzerland or be like North Korea.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It was over a million. Just because you want to make up your own figures it doesn't make them right......

And I've told you before, I'm neither angry nor little.

I'm just another person laughing at your pathetic posts. Screenshot boy. You're a laughing stock and you don't even seem to realise it. Self awareness also not one of your strong points, obviously. [emoji23]

lets make it 1.1m attending then if you insist on upping the number

thats 1.66% turning up
98.34% not attending

thats me short a whopping 0.66%

do you want to go higher? What % of non attending had you invented in your head?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Millions of young voters (and those too young to vote) have been utterly pissed off by the whole thing.

Why do people make it a cause for young people? We all have a say in what we want, we are not beholden to anyone. If we start voting for other people, democracy really will be dead. No-one asked me in the early 70s if I wanted to be part of the Common Market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here