Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Classic Emmerdale or current Emmerdale

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thr woolpack being located 2 miles from Bradford (and 2 miles from me) there's plenty of ethnic diversity in the area. Not that i watch it.

They built a set for Emmerdale in the end because the original village, Arncliffe, was overrun with sightseers. Then it moved to Esholt, and then finally they built the set in the grounds of Harewood House.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I loved The Sullivans. Australia made some good soaps, like Neighbours (the pre Ch5 version) Sons & Daughters, Flying Doctors, Prisoner Cell Block H. I never took to Home & Away.
The storylines were good, intriguing and addictive, even though the same actors appeared in all of them, and the scenery moved.
They were enjoyable.

I just dipped into this thread mostly out of sheer amazement that a. There's a thread asking people to choose between Classic Emmerdale and Current Emmerdale, and b. It's on 5 pages.
But! Prisoner! Did get in to that for a while. Top dog at the press, sudden, quite nasty bouts of violence (maybe my memory is playing tricks), the brickwork and the theme tune.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just dipped into this thread mostly out of sheer amazement that a. There's a thread asking people to choose between Classic Emmerdale and Current Emmerdale, and b. It's on 5 pages.
But! Prisoner! Did get in to that for a while. Top dog at the press, sudden, quite nasty bouts of violence (maybe my memory is playing tricks), the brickwork and the theme tune.

It's the second most watched tv programme in the UK, why shouldn't it have a thread?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Leah Bracknell who played Zoe Tate some years back lives in Worthing these days. We saw her on Brighton seafront a few years back. Sadly now battling lung cancer.

1166858_GettyImages_57238775_575a8dd11922b9476c40ecbe7c25d0a2.jpg

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Leah Bracknell who played Zoe Tate some years back lives in Worthing these days. We saw her on Brighton seafront a few years back. Sadly now battling lung cancer.

View attachment 104469

I know Leah, she is a gorgeous and lovely lady, inside and out.:love:

I'm one day younger than her yet I look ten years older. I often wonder about this when I'm having a beer and a fag :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know Leah, she is a gorgeous and lovely lady, inside and out.:love:

I'm one day younger than her yet I look ten years older. I often wonder about this when I'm having a beer and a fag :shrug:

They made her a tv lesbian if I remember correctly?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
They made her a tv lesbian if I remember correctly?

The first in a British soap, quite racy at the time, I guess.

Leah isn't though, her other half, Jez, is a dirty Leeds supporter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

b Reset your Nsc settings. It's only two pages for me.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not watched it since Noah was a baby but I believe nasty Eric whatisname is still in it, I remember him being in Emmerdale Farm right back in the day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not watched it since Noah was a baby but I believe nasty Eric whatisname is still in it, I remember him being in Emmerdale Farm right back in the day.

Yeah, he's the last of the old days still kicking. Eric Pollard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here