March 6
Stephens 9
Propper 9
Locadia 9

Gross 7

Murray 6

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
amazing how we all see the same game and mark players very differently.

Ryan - 9 - if he doesn't make the two saves then we are 3-0 down and might as well finish there and then

Montoya - 6.5
Balogun - 6 must learn when to just hoof it
Duffy - 7
Bernardo - 8 some mistakes but what an acquisition he is

March - 6
Stephens - 6
Propper - 7 missed to chances but thought that was his best game i have seen
Locadia - 8 some good play linked up well with Bernardo

Gross - 6

Murray - 5

Subs should have been on around 70 mins....... I noticed AK was straight down the tunnel at full time

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ryan 8 - two great saves
Montoya 6 - played them onside a few times so marked down
Bernardo 8 - a brilliant signing.
Duffy 6 - a bit ponderous at times.
Balogun 7 - okay.
Locadia 9 - he’s finding his groove.
Stephens 4 - usual slowing down of the game and attacks and sideways/backwards passing. That moment where he had the ball and played it to Duffy, got the return ball and played it straight back to Duffy when he had time, space and options up field sums him up.
Propper 9 - class.
March 5 - the weakest link.
Gross 6 - getting closer to his best. Great first half, faded in second but guess he’s not quite match fit.
Murray 6 - Andone should have replaced him at half time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ryan 8 -- Absolute class act in every way
Montoya 8 -- Solid, consistent and unlucky to have been booked when Gwendozy won her bafta
Duffy 7.5 -- Kept his head today, led the backline
Balogun 6 -- Needs a proper run of games, still seems slightly rusty - great back up
Bernardo 8 -- Brilliant
March 6 -- Found him slightly frustrating today, needs a confidence boost some how - got ability to beat players but shy's away from it
Stephens 8 -- Best game this season for him in my eyes
Propper 7.5 -- Played well, some great passes and a couple poor ones but overall good game
Gross 7 -- Signs of real quality again, glad he is back and building
Locadia 8.5 MotM -- Chuffed for the lad, worked hard, ran his heart out and scored good goal - unlucky to put wind late on - deserved ovation when subbed
Murray 6.5 -- Should have been off for Andone at 60 mins, done his job today

Subs:
Andone - Always looking to move and make himself a nuisance
Knockaert - Is officially better than Ozil even if only on for 10 mins

Hughton - He is brilliant, love the guy. Would have liked Knockaert and Andone on earlier to really rattle the Arsenal defence, they looked vulnerable. But cannot knock Hughton, knows his stuff!

Sometimes it's best, (especially this time of the year, *cough* sprouts *cough*) to not try to hold it in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ryan 8 -- Absolute class act in every way
Montoya 8 -- Solid, consistent and unlucky to have been booked when Gwendozy won her bafta
Duffy 7.5 -- Kept his head today, led the backline
Balogun 6 -- Needs a proper run of games, still seems slightly rusty - great back up
Bernardo 8 -- Brilliant
March 6 -- Found him slightly frustrating today, needs a confidence boost some how - got ability to beat players but shy's away from it
Stephens 8 -- Best game this season for him in my eyes
Propper 7.5 -- Played well, some great passes and a couple poor ones but overall good game
Gross 7 -- Signs of real quality again, glad he is back and building
Locadia 8.5 MotM -- Chuffed for the lad, worked hard, ran his heart out and scored good goal - unlucky to put wind late on - deserved ovation when subbed
Murray 6.5 -- Should have been off for Andone at 60 mins, done his job today

Subs:
Andone - Always looking to move and make himself a nuisance
Knockaert - Is officially better than Ozil even if only on for 10 mins

Hughton - He is brilliant, love the guy. Would have liked Knockaert and Andone on earlier to really rattle the Arsenal defence, they looked vulnerable. But cannot knock Hughton, knows his stuff!

Double post. Follow through alert...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ryan 8 - two great saves
Montoya 6 - played them onside a few times so marked down
Bernardo 8 - a brilliant signing.
Duffy 6 - a bit ponderous at times.
Balogun 7 - okay.
Locadia 9 - he’s finding his groove.
Stephens 4 - usual slowing down of the game and attacks and sideways/backwards passing. That moment where he had the ball and played it to Duffy, got the return ball and played it straight back to Duffy when he had time, space and options up field sums him up.
Propper 9 - class.
March 5 - the weakest link.
Gross 6 - getting closer to his best. Great first half, faded in second but guess he’s not quite match fit.
Murray 6 - Andone should have replaced him at half time.

Oh HT you'll be disappointed with that Stephens rating by the morning :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Wow, some of the ratings for Gross on here beggar belief! He was unbelievable in the first half. Everything positive we did (bar the goal) went through him. He did run out of gas but I thought he was exceptional for an hour

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, some of the ratings for Gross on here beggar belief! He was unbelievable in the first half. Everything positive we did (bar the goal) went through him. He did run out of gas but I thought he was exceptional for an hour

This. I gave him 6. I dropped him 2-3 points as he faded. Had he been fully fit probably MOTM.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

This. Unbelievably technical footballer who was the equal of any Gooner for three quarters of the game. We just are not used to such good players playing for our side. We have just given ARSENAL another really good game and are disappointed not to win against a bonafide giant European club. This is how far we’ve come since Edgar Street.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 9 - two world class saves
Montoya - 8 - I’m not a fan but he was terrific yesterday. Great bombing forward
Duffy - 8 - really grew into the game. Struggled with the pace they had up top at times but who wouldn’t
Balogun - 6 - that must be three or four errors that have led to goals now. He reminds me a little of Dunk about three or four seasons ago. Every little error gets punished
Bernardo - 7 - love his energy and enthusiasm but a few errors at the back
Stephens - 8 - I was looking forward to seeing Torreira brake up play up but Stephens did it better!
Gross - 7 - I was looking forward to seeing Ozil link up play but Gross did it better! If he had more stamina he would suit Arsenal.
Propper - 9 - MOTM - his best display in a Brighton shirt
March - 6 - had a shocker for an hour but redeemed himself later in the game.
Locadia - 7 - delighted he got the goal. Keep playing him Chris
Murray - 5 - nothing quite dropped for him. Should have been replaced earlier

Andone - 6 - added some much needed energy but why so late

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Balogun - 6 - that must be three or four errors that have led to goals now. He reminds me a little of Dunk about three or four seasons ago. Every little error gets punished

Very harsh to blame him for the Arsenal goal. Their goal was a result of collective Keystone Cop defending and watching-the-ball-and-not-opponents.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

It's a matter of opinion. I really like Gross but you need either a certain type of player around him or you need to fit him into a certain type of system to utilise him effectively. I don't think either happened yesterday really and at times he slowed the play down dramatically as a result. He did hit a few beautiful diagonal balls and he did a lot of excellent defensive work, but he's picked to create chances and score goals and he's not really doing either at the moment and the same happened yesterday. He didn't even create a chance yesterday. If that's a MOTM performance in your opinion for a number 10 in this league, then your standards are much lower than mine.

But it's only an opinion. We're allowed to disagree.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a matter of opinion. I really like Gross but you need either a certain type of player around him or you need to fit him into a certain type of system to utilise him effectively. I don't think either happened yesterday really and at times he slowed the play down dramatically as a result. He did hit a few beautiful diagonal balls and he did a lot of excellent defensive work, but he's picked to create chances and score goals and he's not really doing either at the moment and the same happened yesterday. He didn't even create a chance yesterday. If that's a MOTM performance in your opinion for a number 10 in this league, then your standards are much lower than mine.

But it's only an opinion. We're allowed to disagree.

I’m Team [MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION]. I thought Gross looked very very good until he ran out of puff. The injury has clearly affected him but he’s getting back to his best.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Very harsh to blame him for the Arsenal goal. Their goal was a result of collective Keystone Cop defending and watching-the-ball-and-not-opponents.

He had 2 chances to clear it before Stephens played the perfectly weighted ball to Aubameyang. Certainly takes some of the blame in my view although we were collectively awful for the opening 20 minutes bar Ryan who would be my MOM.

As for Solly, as a local lad I think we all really want him to succeed but I find it really frustrating that he is so one footed for a pro footballer. It's too easy to defend against when he is playing on the right. Defensively he does what is is required which is presumably why he got the nod over AK.

Much better from Locadia although if one first team player were to go in the Jan window my money would be on him.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Pretty much nails it for me, Ryan was class, comedic defending for 20 minutes, Propper through ball was sublime, Stephens played killer through balls forward not suicidal backwards. March cannot cross or shoot for toffee, Murray did absolutely nothing. Locadia played well.

With two injured wingers and Bissouma/Andone Bruno on the bench as well as Dunk on the lash, we have strength and depth. Overall a good point, but Barr the first 15 minutes, as Ryan said, it's really 2 points dropped.

Ryan - 9 - two world class saves
Montoya - 8 - I’m not a fan but he was terrific yesterday. Great bombing forward
Duffy - 8 - really grew into the game. Struggled with the pace they had up top at times but who wouldn’t
Bernardo - 7 - love his energy and enthusiasm but a few errors at the back
Stephens - 8 - I was looking forward to seeing Torreira brake up play up but Stephens did it better!
Gross - 7 - I was looking forward to seeing Ozil link up play but Gross did it better! If he had more stamina he would suit Arsenal.
Propper - 9 - MOTM - his best display in a Brighton shirt
March - 6 - had a shocker for an hour but redeemed himself later in the game.
Locadia - 7 - delighted he got the goal. Keep playing him Chris
Murray - 5 - nothing quite dropped for him. Should have been replaced earlier

Andone - 6 - added some much needed energy but why so late

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’m Team [MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION]. I thought Gross looked very very good until he ran out of puff. The injury has clearly affected him but he’s getting back to his best.

I'm team Gross, I just don't think he passed into the "very very good" category today and I don't think he really has this season in his limited games, potentially the Man Utd win aside. And he needs to start giving us some output. I mean March gets absolutely slated on here yet he's our top assist maker and he actually created more chances yesterday than Gross. But Gross has scored once all season and at best he's got one second assist (in the Chelsea game) in 10 games to go with that goal. That just isn't up to scratch in the role he plays for us. I do think he'll come good mind, I just don't think he's quite been there yet this season and wasn't there yesterday. Albeit, I do caveat all of that with the fact that he needs pace around him to be truly effective and I think taking most of the pace out of the side yesterday hampered him; I'd double caveat that with the idea that I think Locadia looking more and more confident yesterday allowed him an extra runner to pick out which is a positive sign going forward as Locadia's movement is up there with the best in our squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here