Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What the hell has Bernardo got to do with it, I think you need to focus on more pressing concerns in other areas of the park then a full back coming back in!!!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Hi Gaetan :wave:

I love how all you do on here is quote back to anyone criticising Bong and mock people's opinion but offer next to no opinion yourself (Bong loving aside).

My point was that defensively Bong played ok yesterday but going forward he provides little threat and can't cross for shit. When Murray is your main striker it is essential that your fullbacks can provide dangerous crosses into the box and Bong is rarely capable of this. Bernardo offers much more and that's why he should always start when fit.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Have we ever seen a better goal keeping performance at the Amex as we saw from Tom Heaton?

I’m sorry but I don’t buy it. Last week you could have written the same sentence but replaced Heaton’s name with Foster’s. We are giving these keepers the opportunity to make what I think are largely routine saves, by not finishing clinically enough. They are good keepers, if you put it straight at them of course they will generally do their job.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Ergh no the ball to March was a clean strike, I would recommend you take another look on the box. Criticise - although get it right hey.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk
I never said it wasn't a clean strike?! It is straight towards the end of the box making it almost impossible to beat a goalkeeper with a header from. It's not hard to hit a straight ball. Whipping it in is difficult. I would recommend you watch how Knockhart managed it for Duffy's goal.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I cannot believe that I'm having to repeat ad nauseum the fact that Hughton has a ceiling to his talents, and he hit it ages ago when we got promoted.

Since then he has never developed any new player we've bought into one that looks anything like Premier League quality, hence we needed to buy every new player with previous Premier League experience (we did not), not have to develop them after they arrived from some obscure team from wherever in the world.

Then Hughton plays the game with one player up front, basically forcing us to play with one hand tied behind our backs, this then accounts for why we built up a great defence so as to give us a chance of at least winning or drawing enough matches by not conceding too many goals.

This tactic is now falling apart mainly because defensively we are facing too many threats from opponents throughout the game due to poor ball retention up front and in midfield thus Dunk, Duffy and co are knackered from a long season of doing all the hard work for the team whilst the slackers like Gross and Stephens (to name but two) just jog around doing f*** all to help the cause.

Result...A potentially f***ing disastrous end to what looked like a good season midway through it, and Hughton has not a clue on how to change it.

I don't want to say that's a load of old bollocks but that's a load of old bollocks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here