March -β€”β€”β€”β€” Gross -β€”β€”β€”- Locadia

-β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Murry β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wood and Barnes (for all 6).

When I watch Burnley, one of those two mucks in, in a big way in the midfield battle. Not all the time, but when needed to help seize control of the ball and the match.

They’re not set up at two isolated centre forwards, waiting for crosses.

Barnes definitely had to play that way and did it really well, once we bought CMS who was made our main striker.

Is that a fair intepretation?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SHOULD be.....

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”- Ryan β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Montoya -β€”β€”- Duffy - Dunk -β€”β€”- Silva

--β€”β€”- Bissouma β€”β€”β€” Propper β€”β€”β€”-

Ali -β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Gross -β€”β€”β€”- Locadia

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Andone β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Will obv be..... (yawn)

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”- Ryan β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Montoya -β€”β€”- Duffy - Dunk -β€”β€”- Bong

--β€”β€”β€” Kayal β€”β€”β€”β€” Propper β€”β€”β€”β€”

March -β€”β€”β€”β€” Gross -β€”β€”β€”- Locadia

-β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Murry β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

Unbelievable if CH drops Andone tomorrow, in which case CH = yawn.

Besides, when was the last time Murry scored for the Albion?

Jan 10, 2014
When I watch Burnley, one of those two mucks in, in a big way in the midfield battle. Not all the time, but when needed to help seize control of the ball and the match.

They’re not set up at two isolated centre forwards, waiting for crosses.

Barnes definitely had to play that way and did it really well, once we bought CMS who was made our main striker.

Is that a fair intepretation?

Sort of, but it isn't the whole story.

The wide men come in narrow when we don't have the ball. We concede the wide areas and let the full backs worry about that mostly (when we don't have the ball).

But it's the mixed football that we play which allows us to have 2 up top and 2 in the centre of midfield. Contrary to popular belief we can, and do play nice football sometimes, and with Wood and Barnes up top we can hit them with a 'long pass' or 'hoof'.

One of the main differences lately is the 'press', it's back to what it was last season. Apparently Klopp brought it to this country :) (bullshit)

Nothing groundbreaking, it's just been working for us again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wouldn't include Gyorkeres in the squad for a league game as I think that he has shown that at the present he isn't ready yet as he is too easily pushed off of the ball, perhaps next season. He is still young so time is on his side for him to bulk out and get stronger
I would. He didn't look out of his depth against The Baggies (because he wasn't) and bringing young players through is what the Academy is all about - introduced carefully, of course, probably not starting matches, except maybe in the Cup. And just how much bulk do you need to sit on the bench anyway.

But.......over to you for the last word..................you'll want it anyway.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ryan

Montoya
Dunkin
Duffy
Bernardo

Knockaert
Gross
Stephens
Propper
March

Murray

Subs: Button, Bong, Burn, Kayal, Ali, Izquierdo, Locadia

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Unbelievable if CH drops Andone tomorrow, in which case CH = yawn.

I was merely referencing the brand of football I would like to see and what I find entertaining, with my choice of squad. You’re perfectly entitled to disagree with me and I don’t mind one bit if you do

Sorry if my opinions make you doubt your own. Don’t be so insecure and defensive

Besides, when was the last time Murry scored for the Albion?

haha I drop an β€˜a’ in Murray and you think noticing that is a measure of your intellect haha, bless you, the only measure of your stupidity is your desire to highlight it, haha

In my opinion Murray didn’t make the difference on Wednesday, Propper, Locadia (with their assists) and Kanu did. You may have noticed Andone created a goal all of his own making instead of groin’ing in a good cross having peppered the goal all night

I like Murray very much and he is marvellous at what he does, and that is steal smart intelligent goals against top six sides from set pieces when we spend an entire game in our own half. He will also do it against non top six sides and championship sides, clearly, but that’s not what I believe is the future of Albion’s success and you’re a fool if you do. Murray doesn’t even believe that of himself

Andone is the man to take the offensive to a team in the bottom half of the table, that we should rightly expect to compete against for an assured win

You’ll notice had you of paid more attention and you weren’t being such a simple fan boy that I would choose other changes too in difference to Chris

Truth is, Chris likely can’t pick Andone anyway, which was my real reason for the change

Opinions, aren’t they fascinating. Well, mostly. Yours might be if you were a little more articulate/intelligent

Here end the lesson

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really bad news that Andone is banned for this one. This puts a lot of pressure on Murray. I wonder whether we will see Locadia up top against Derby and Murray on the bench. While it would give him a rest I think that would severely diminish our chances in the FA cup. However for me the league must be the priority. Without Andone we are one injury away from a serious problem up front.

For me the game later today against Burnley is absolutely crucial. Lose it and we are going to be almost caught from below, particularly if Cardiff beat Southampton. The team seems fairly obvious ( Ryan, Dunk, Duffy, Montoya, Bong, Stephens Propper, Gross, March Locadia. Murray). Only doubt may be Stephens. I would expect Bong to play as Bernardo won’t be fresh.

No question about it, this is one we need to win and must not lose...

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
My mate reckons he has inside info and he's put Β£20 on-
Ryan
Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bong
Bissouma
Gross
Proper
Knockaert
Locadia
Murray

I really dont think CH is silly enough to play Murray & Locadia at the same time today when they are the only two recognised centre forwards and we have a choice of 3 to play left sided midfield plus Gyokeres who can play both striker and wide in reserve , it would be madness to play both our available CF's at the same time or am I the only one thinking this ?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My mate reckons he has inside info and he's put Β£20 on-
Ryan
Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bong
Bissouma
Gross
Proper
Knockaert
Locadia
Murray

Would be amazed if March was dropped. I think he’s a really key player for us these days and was excellent last week. He’s noticably progressing his game IMO.

As others have said, now Andone is suspended I would start Murray and have Locadia on the bench in reserve with AJ and March on the wings:

Ryan;
Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo;
Gross, Propper, Bissouma;
AJ, Murray, March.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really dont think CH is silly enough to play Murray & Locadia at the same time today when they are the only two recognised centre forwards and we have a choice of 3 to play left sided midfield plus Gyokeres who can play both striker and wide in reserve , it would be madness to play both our available CF's at the same time or am I the only one thinking this ?

I can see why you are thinking this but with Locadia now getting used to the role CH wants him to play, it wouldn't surprise me to see them both start. What's the worst that could happen.

Solly, Pascal or Ali J as a false 9 :wink:

If he leaves Locadia out, I would think Ali J would be the 'wide striker' as oppose to AK as a 2nd winger.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was merely referencing the brand of football I would like to see and what I find entertaining, with my choice of squad. You’re perfectly entitled to disagree with me and I don’t mind one bit if you do

Sorry if my opinions make you doubt your own. Don’t be so insecure and defensive

haha I drop an β€˜a’ in Murray and you think noticing that is a measure of your intellect haha, bless you, the only measure of your stupidity is your desire to highlight it, haha

In my opinion Murray didn’t make the difference on Wednesday, Propper, Locadia (with their assists) and Kanu did. You may have noticed Andone created a goal all of his own making instead of groin’ing in a good cross having peppered the goal all night

I like Murray very much and he is marvellous at what he does, and that is steal smart intelligent goals against top six sides from set pieces when we spend an entire game in our own half. He will also do it against non top six sides and championship sides, clearly, but that’s not what I believe is the future of Albion’s success and you’re a fool if you do. Murray doesn’t even believe that of himself

Andone is the man to take the offensive to a team in the bottom half of the table, that we should rightly expect to compete against for an assured win

You’ll notice had you of paid more attention and you weren’t being such a simple fan boy that I would choose other changes too in difference to Chris

Truth is, Chris likely can’t pick Andone anyway, which was my real reason for the change

Opinions, aren’t they fascinating. Well, mostly. Yours might be if you were a little more articulate/intelligent

Here end the lesson

Andone is banned mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here