Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I went to Sainsburys this morning. On the floor by the freezers were quite a few packs of a mushroom-based vegetarian mince product arranged in a large ring. A member of staff told me that it was a mysterious Quorn circle.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If they'd be arranged overnight, surely the staff would have put them back in the freezer?
That looks incredibly sloppy to me, I wouldn't go back to that store if I were you.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
although quorn is fungus based, its not a mushroom. It contains mycoprotein which is derived from the Fusarium venenatum fungus. So your premise is flawed. Mushrooms are a fungus but a fungus isnt necessarily a mushroom.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Quorn is a mycoprotein made from a soil microfungus, and is not “mushroom-based”. Indeed, CSPI famously* said “Quorn’s fungus is as closely related to mushrooms as humans are to jellyfish”. For that reason, I’m out.

* relatively.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I don't like the freezer section in sainsbury's , there never seems to be Mush Room .

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I've heard that the manufacturers of Quorn are launching a new meat substitute product which they claim is indistinguishable from rump steak. 'I can't believe it's not buttocks' will be in the supermarkets next week.

If successful, they're looking at a follow up meat free ******s called 'I can't believe it's not b*ll*cks'.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In celebration of the two great Chappell brothers, Cricket Australia decided to have their photos heading the website for a period. They couldn't decide in which order to have them, so they alternated thus:

Monday : Greg

Tuesday : Ian

Weds : Greg

Thurs: Ian

Fri: Greg.

Hence the Gregorian Calendar was created.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How many is 'quite a few'? Could've been a real health and safety hazard if there wasn't mushroom to get past...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not sure putting back frozen food after its defrosted is safe. Should really have been thrown away.

Maybe but it probably hadn't defrosted - there'd only be a few hours that the store was unoccupied as the shelf fillers would have been at work either late at night or early in the morning.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe but it probably hadn't defrosted - there'd only be a few hours that the store was unoccupied as the shelf fillers would have been at work either late at night or early in the morning.

The stores are still relatively busy between the opening time (7am at West Hove) and the 8:37 posted by [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION]. It's inconceivable that the pile wasn't seen by other shoppers and staff, and if it had been seen before would have been cleaned up immediately. It follows that the ring must have been laid immediately prior to the OP walking down the aisle; either that or it was JACK STRAW HIMSELF who created the circle. I know who I think dunnit, and I bet he's got an SLR hanging off his neck as he reads this post.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So which branch of Sainsbury's was this? Or was the phenomenon sighted in more than one?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Frozen products are normally stored at -18 or below, as many have said these products would have defrosted during this period. They could consider cooking them though and offering to people as samples so they are aware of the true taste of the baked product. They should ensure whoever bakes and then offers the products has had sufficient training, more can be found here:

https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/food-hygiene-for-your-business-0

They should also ensure sufficient consideration is given to recycling the waste packaging.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Are members of staff allowed an opinion these days?

No we are not.

In addition, if the item has been left out of the freezer for longer than 30 minutes it becomes a quality issue therefore it is unlikely it would be sold. This would have to be disposed of in the correct manner ensuring it is placed in the right disposal bags awaiting return to the depot.

The last time I checked, ritual shapes isn't the preferred method of disposal, however I will clarify this with senior management.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here