Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The result of the referendum has not been ignored. It has been almost the sole focus of government for the last 2.5 years. The result has not been ignored. Unfortunately for leave voters Brexit won’t work. So it should be abandoned.
Sorry Leave voters, we know it’s a disappointment, perhaps try putting your vote to use to vote in a government that might have another referendum in a few years and might do a better job. Perhaps.
But to repeat and reiterate: Your vote has not been ignored , far from it. It has had £60 BILLION worth of attention thrown at it/down it. But it’s unworkable and Brexit must now be abandoned. Sorry to get your hopes up.

You cant honestly be this thick. No one can

oh hold on a sec....

As I'm sure you know all about WTO's Most favoured nation rules, I can only assume that you are another one who wants open borders with the whole world.

Taking back control, eh :facepalm:

:ffsparr:

Dont be such an imbecile. Read what i wrote again.
I made no comment or proposal on anything regarding open borders with the world, i was simply pointing out your mistake.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Chris Grayling wheeled out today playing the blame game

We have taken to our parliament the deal reached in November and our parliament has said no.

We want to work with the EU to reach a deal but if they are not prepared to do that – they will have to take responsibility that we are heading towards a no-deal exit.

If they are not willing to compromise, if they’re not willing to work with us to find common ground – it will be down to them if there is no deal.

What an absolute load of shit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

He also said that trade will carry on normally in the event of no-deal.... So that's alright then, I was getting worried for a minute.

I cannot believe I am paying that fool's salary.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Failing Grayling and the rest of them need to own the Brexit they deliver.

It is on them. Any necessary blame will be with the UK Government, and with our self imposed *red lines*.

Have the courage to defend your outcome, Mr Grayling.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Beggars belief.

But this is all we'll hear if/when everything goes tits up. Much like we've heard a whole heap of shit about the EU for around 4 decades.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's just lies. May made a deal, everyone knows that, it's just it didn't get through Parliament. How can he possibly think it's okay to say that kind of thing when we are going to have to negotiate future arrangements with the EU27 if somehow May can get a deal through. Why would they trust a word of what our Ministers have to say.

I'm actually astounded by that paragraph.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Failing Grayling and the rest of them need to own the Brexit they deliver.

It is on them. Any necessary blame will be with the UK Government.

Have the courage to defend your outcome, Mr Grayling.

The problem is that quite a few people of the public do believe them. I keep seeing people blaming the EU for everything and they'll be glad to leave.
I just wonder who they will blame in five years time?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The problem is that quite a few people of the public do believe them. I keep seeing people blaming the EU for everything and they'll be glad to leave.
I just wonder who they will blame in five years time?

I'm sure Vladimir will decide at some point.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1092479379136040960[/TWEET]

Quick reminder that under the WTO rules so prized by No Dealers this means we have to do the same to literally every other nation in the world. Hurrah for arms trafficking and people smuggling, the growth industries in the UK for 2019.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Quick reminder that under the WTO rules so prized by No Dealers this means we have to do the same to literally every other nation in the world. Hurrah for arms trafficking and people smuggling, the growth industries in the UK for 2019.

If you are collecting tariffs how can you not make checks, or have I missed something here? Are the WTO cool with this arrangement? Will all EU nations just waive our exports in?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you are collecting tariffs how can you not make checks, or have I missed something here? Are the WTO cool with this arrangement? Will all EU nations just waive our exports in?

I believe that the suggestion is a completely open border to the EU (and therefor, under WTO rules, the rest of the world) with no tariffs or checks being taken at the ports.

Can't see any problems with that.

I'll just file it alongside

Give NI back to Ireland (although they've never actually had it) ©Westdene Seagull
Give Ireland back to Britain (at least that's historically accurate)
Technological Solutions
Have a bit of open border with the EU (NI/Ireland), but not the rest (building on the success of the Maginot line)
Pixies and Goblins

The sum total of over 2.5 years work on this and it is the same fantasies coming around again and again :facepalm:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

This is a strange story, it seems only to have been reported by The Sun and yet, if true, would be a major policy change. The Sun seems to think it's official advice but surely, if it were, it would be headline news everywhere.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Beggars belief.

But this is all we'll hear if/when everything goes tits up. Much like we've heard a whole heap of shit about the EU for around 4 decades.

Anyone who can be duped into voting leave will fall for this bullshit. This government really is a despicable mob of “me first” *****.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is a strange story, it seems only to have been reported by The Sun and yet, if true, would be a major policy change. The Sun seems to think it's official advice but surely, if it were, it would be headline news everywhere.

I think that it's down to the simple fact that with 52 days to go and no direction, panic is setting in and we are starting to see a breakdown in Government, Ministerial and Departmental communications. There's been a couple of announcements reversed recently and I suspect that is only going to increase as the pressure builds from all sides.

Departments will be pressured into making announcements by some fairly influential groups as they can't hold off for ever, and with no clear direction from the top, breakdown is inevitable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hurrah for arms trafficking and people smuggling, the growth industries in the UK for 2019.

You can't really be as daft as this sentence makes you look surely ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here