Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] ***Super Bowl LIII New England Patriots v Los Angeles Rams - Official Match Thread***

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That’s it. Game over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I fell asleep during the 1st quarter and woke up at halftime. I literally didn't miss anything but a field goal kick.

Hope that it isn't over for the Rams.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Blatent pass interference not called against the patriots. Typical.

Yeah, but the Rams shouldn’t even be here. It should be the Saints for much more blatant reasons.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Tomorrow at work is going to be a real pain with all the smug Pats fans giving it large.

But that half time commentator was right - the Pats come into their stride in the second half.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, you got to hand it to them. It ain’t no accident.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I raked in £53 at least (Pats to win, + Pats win by 7-12). But after watching that game, I feel like I've bloody earned it. What a pile of cack.

Night.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
The dynasty continues. Almost two dynasties really. LA goes down for the second straight championship. And everybody hates it except those of us who live in New England. Terrible game but the inevitable occurred...Brady came good when it mattered. And he'll be back for number seven.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rubbish game to finish a season that's seen some great offensive performances.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The dynasty continues. Almost two dynasties really. LA goes down for the second straight championship. And everybody hates it except those of us who live in New England. Terrible game but the inevitable occurred...Brady came good when it mattered. And he'll be back for number seven.

Brady had one drive. The Pats D won this game for them, absolutely superb, and the two end zone pass defences were the difference. With all the hoopla re Brady I think the Pats post season defence has been cruelly overlooked, not a highly regarded unit but one that was merciless in the postseason.

I didn't enjoy the Pats winning, but I can certainly respect them.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I really enjoyed the game, Is it me but I still love being able to watch it live. Flipping between BBC, Free Sky broadcast and game pass, I still find it novel its so accessible. Its like the AMEX I think I will never bore of going, I just love it.

So tight for me the match winning play was the Jason McCorty break up of what looked a sure touch down on Brandon Cooks. At that stage Chung plus another starting safety was out. Momentum changer.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Well, I really tried to enjoy it and sat with great anticipation on the sofa whilst the Mrs and kids were sound asleep in bed - but I lasted until the second quarter, picked up my phone and started browsing eBay, then NSC, then started nodding off, then went to bed....

I tried. I really did - but the game just doesn't flow. Maybe I don't understand it well enough, maybe we're just spoilt by the constant action in football (yes, human foot + contact with a ball = football).

Still, I had £35 on Patriots at 8/11 so they just bought me and Mrs Nose our Pizza Express. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I really tried to enjoy it and sat with great anticipation on the sofa whilst the Mrs and kids were sound asleep in bed - but I lasted until the second quarter, picked up my phone and started browsing eBay, then NSC, then started nodding off, then went to bed....

I tried. I really did - but the game just doesn't flow. Maybe I don't understand it well enough, maybe we're just spoilt by the constant action in football (yes, human foot + contact with a ball = football).

Still, I had £35 on Patriots at 8/11 so they just bought me and Mrs Nose our Pizza Express. :thumbsup:

To be fair it was an absolute DOG of a game this year, certainly not one to get you converted if you're new to the sport.

There's still a lot to appreciate when the defences are so on top as they were last night, but as a spectacle, such a low-scoring game inevitably lacks drama. Don't give up on it based on last nights game though.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Don't give up on it based on last nights game though.

I was at the Superbowl in Minnesota last year (corporate - box on the 50yd line!) and really enjoyed the whole thing. Incredible spectacle, amazing atmosphere and organisation (build up in and around the town, and on the day), fantastic venue, and (although I didn't really understand it fully) a great game.

I've not enough interest in cutting back to Chappers, Jason and Osi (I met the last two in person - nice blokes) every 45 seconds to talk technical as I just don't get it - and haven't the will to learn about it. I'm not saying it's a rubbish game as clearly so many people love it - but it's sadly just not for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was at the Superbowl in Minnesota last year (corporate - box on the 50yd line!) and really enjoyed the whole thing. Incredible spectacle, amazing atmosphere and organisation (build up in and around the town, and on the day), fantastic venue, and (although I didn't really understand it fully) a great game.

I've not enough interest in cutting back to Chappers, Jason and Osi (I met the last two in person - nice blokes) every 45 seconds to talk technical as I just don't get it - and haven't the will to learn about it. I'm not saying it's a rubbish game as clearly so many people love it - but it's sadly just not for me.

You went to the US Bank stadium ?! You SICKEN me

You lucky git

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well that will go down as one of the dullest Superbowl's in many a year, dull game, dull half-time show - but there have been some crackers in recent years so I guess they were due a dud.

Glad the Pats won, they're the best, they've been the best for a long time now, and it should take an outstanding performance to beat them. Rams certainly didn't get close to deserving it, however good their defence was on the night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here