Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for a Hughton to step down

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you got rid of Hughton which you shouldn't but who would replace him ? Nathan Jones is a MASSIVE failure at Stoke so he is out, and I'd rather stick with Hughton than ever go for one of the Hughes, Moyes, Allardyce managerial merry go round

... and the exciting new football of young Marco Silva isn’t looking too hot. £425m squad and just 9 wins all season.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Is it time for Hughton to step down?

When he was given the job i remember fans of other teams he'd managed saying that he was a boring/defensive/uncreative manager.

He's done a good job getting us to where we are now, but i can't ever see him being able to kick on as he is incapable of putting a team out to win a game, seeming rather to favour the defensive, pass it backwards and sideways shit that we are being served up at the moment.

I feel we should have sacked him and gone for Ranieri when he was available, or perhaps Pardew or Hughes if they'd want the job.

You fail to accept that the Premiership is in effect two groups, the first being the top ten making up the cream then the remaining clubs trying to avoid relegation, we are never going to be in the top ten so must struggle to pick up enough points to avoid relegation, therefore we must put out a very defensive side against the top sides and our away fixtures,should we be relegated then we can play attacking football resulting in more goals being scored and a far more satisfying return for our outlay.
Chris has realised this and can be congratulated for his efforts

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Then they just found someone at the ground who said they could remember the last time we were in the FA Cup - losing the first game was bad but losing the replay was even worse.

I heard that, an interview with a fan who wanted us to throw the WBA replay, because of the pain he still feels now at losing to ManU in both 1983 FAC final games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You fail to accept that the Premiership is in effect two groups, the first being the top ten making up the cream then the remaining clubs trying to avoid relegation, we are never going to be in the top ten so must struggle to pick up enough points to avoid relegation, therefore we must put out a very defensive side against the top sides and our away fixtures,should we be relegated then we can play attacking football resulting in more goals being scored and a far more satisfying return for our outlay.
Chris has realised this and can be congratulated for his efforts

Exactly this.

Leicester and Wolves are firmly in the top group, simply because they spent huge sums in fees and wages on quality names and internationals. In the last week alone Leicester were the better team at Anfield and Wolves destroyed Everton at Goodison. Away performances we’re light years from. Unfortunately, modern PL football is all about the players you can afford.

CH is trying to chisel out enough points from a very modest (by PL standards) squad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

When he was given the job i remember fans of other teams he'd managed saying that he was a boring/defensive/uncreative manager.

He's done a good job getting us to where we are now, but i can't ever see him being able to kick on as he is incapable of putting a team out to win a game, seeming rather to favour the defensive, pass it backwards and sideways shit that we are being served up at the moment.

I feel we should have sacked him and gone for Ranieri when he was available, or perhaps Pardew or Hughes if they'd want the job.

:lol: GTFO.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

PARDEW or HUGHES. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

11B4039B-D060-4D8E-98A6-6EDEF395F845.jpeg

I’d keep one eye open while you sleep tonight sunshine.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Exactly this.

Leicester and Wolves are firmly in the top group, simply because they spent huge sums in fees and wages on quality names and internationals. In the last week alone Leicester were the better team at Anfield and Wolves destroyed Everton at Goodison. Away performances we’re light years from. Unfortunately, modern PL football is all about the players you can afford.

CH is trying to chisel out enough points from a very modest (by PL standards) squad.

Hmmmm. see https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...spending-2018-how-much-each-club-spend-summer. Brighton were 7th highest net spend (10th gross) with £60m in Summer 2018; Leicester's net spend was £6m (gross £81m). Wolves spent £64m net and £70m gross. Don't think the £ note argument washes entirely. Bournemouth spent substantially less but have scored 10 more goals and achieved 6 points more.

Yes, Leicester and Bournemouth have been PL longer, and Wolves went for broke in Championship, but the £ argument is too simple (especially when you see Spurs gross £0 spend, net -£2.2m).

The issue for us is that so far none of the offensive signings apart from Gross have really hit it off. Whether that is time, CH insisting we play 10 who must defend, or simply transfer not working, I don't know but the 'poor old Albion, we cant compete money wise' argument is weak.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmmmm. see https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...spending-2018-how-much-each-club-spend-summer. Brighton were 7th highest net spend (10th gross) with £60m in Summer 2018; Leicester's net spend was £6m (gross £81m). Wolves spent £64m net and £70m gross. Don't think the £ note argument washes entirely. Bournemouth spent substantially less but have scored 10 more goals and achieved 6 points more.

Yes, Leicester and Bournemouth have been PL longer, and Wolves went for broke in Championship, but the £ argument is too simple (especially when you see Spurs gross £0 spend, net -£2.2m).

The issue for us is that so far none of the offensive signings apart from Gross have really hit it off. Whether that is time, CH insisting we play 10 who must defend, or simply transfer not working, I don't know but the 'poor old Albion, we cant compete money wise' argument is weak.

Not that old spurious line again.

One club spends £100m’s more over the course of several seasons on a squad mainly of internationals, paying huge wages to get them.

Another club comes along spending £110m over 4 transfer windows, with far more modest wages per player.

Usually, the former has a far greater chance of PL success, for one obvious reason - better players.

That’s THE reason why Brighton, Hudd and Cardiff struggle to get away results over top 7 clubs, whereas CP and Leicester can pull rabbits out of the hat.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

One club spends £100m’s more over the course of several seasons on a squad mainly of internationals, paying huge wages to get them.

Another club comes along spending £110m over 4 transfer windows, with far more modest wages per player.

Usually, the former has a far greater chance of PL success, for one obvious reason - better players.

That’s THE reason why Brighton, Hudd and Cardiff struggle to get away results over top 7 clubs, whereas CP and Leicester can pull rabbits out of the hat.[/QUOTE

We shall agree to disagree. I am not saying it makes no difference, just that a) there are other factors; b) Albion actually have spent more than most. Hardly spurious, it's a fact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That’s THE reason why Brighton, Hudd and Cardiff struggle to get away results over top 7 clubs, whereas CP and Leicester can pull rabbits out of the hat.[/QUOTE

We shall agree to disagree. I am not saying it makes no difference, just that a) there are other factors; b) Albion actually have spent more than most. Hardly spurious, it's a fact.

We’re never going to agree, so will just have to agree to disagree.

Moving on then, Leicester and Palace have gained occasional great results at top 7 clubs. Hodgson and Puel (ask Stains and LCFC fans) have a reputation similar to CH as unexciting coaches. Everton were taken apart by Wolves at Goodison today.

So why do you think that Palace and Leicester achieve those results, despite much maligned staid managers?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We’re never going to agree, so will just have to agree to disagree.

Moving on then, Leicester and Palace have gained occasional great results at top 7 clubs. Hodgson and Puel (ask Stains and LCFC fans) have a reputation similar to CH of unexciting coaches.

So why do you think that Palace and Leicester achieve those results, despite much maligned staid managers?

Bit of luck, wonder goal by Townsend, Man City having an off period, many factors. And Palace are behind us in the League... and we beat Man U, drew Arsenal. Don't think I am getting at CH, and obviously money is the biggest factor, but it aint everything, that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here