Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone out?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone remember the days when we used to sing players and they would be introduced to teh crowd by ron pavey and they would be in the team straight away as we bought players to replace inferior players or ones we shipped out.

Now we get all excited ( no we ****ing don't) about signing players who we immediately loan back to their club, so we have no idea who they are or if they are any good..

So I assume we have 3 of the latest signings back at their clubs and Percy world beater too, and we have also loaned out other players. Remember when we all were OUTRAGED when we found out that premier clubs were buying up players and loaning them out with no intention of ever playing them? Are we turning into that sort of club?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, I’m very super excited. More teams in far fetched leagues for me to follow.

I guess there’s some tax benefits to spending cash? [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone remember the days when we used to sing players and they would be introduced to teh crowd by ron pavey and they would be in the team straight away as we bought players to replace inferior players or ones we shipped out.

Now we get all excited ( no we ****ing don't) about signing players who we immediately loan back to their club, so we have no idea who they are or if they are any good..

So I assume we have 3 of the latest signings back at their clubs and Percy world beater too, and we have also loaned out other players. Remember when we all were OUTRAGED when we found out that premier clubs were buying up players and loaning them out with no intention of ever playing them? Are we turning into that sort of club?

I certainly hope so.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I certainly hope so.

Why? Are we as customers now treating the club as a shop where we buy and sell players hoping to turn a profit?

I used to look forward to being introduced to players and then watching them play ...or thinking " who the **** is this alan biley, he is shit" That was what football was about....not seeing we have made a transaction to take a player, loan him back, and then for him to disappear into the U23 witness protection programme.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why? Are we as customers now treating the club as a shop where we buy and sell players hoping to turn a profit?

I used to look forward to being introduced to players and then watching them play ...or thinking " who the **** is this alan biley, he is shit" That was what football was about....not seeing we have made a transaction to take a player, loan him back, and then for him to disappear into the U23 witness protection programme.

I think that if the club, Tony Bloom and chums, think we need a big 'squad' that includes young players sent out on loan, then I am 100% in.

Beware 'grumpy old man' syndrome. :thumbsup:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

or we don't see them play as they have to be eased into the team, properly coached or some such twaddle..........but them stick em in let's go!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that if the club, Tony Bloom and chums, think we need a big 'squad' that includes young players sent out on loan, then I am 100% in.

Beware 'grumpy old man' syndrome. :thumbsup:

Nah, it's falling out of love with football...it's been creeping up on me for a while and is coming to a head.

There was an article in the papers earlier that said proffessional Prem League players paid £1.1B taxes. that was from 1500 !! players which works out as 75 players per team!..Now i know we dont have 75 players even including the U23 so that means some teams may have nearer 100 each!. So yes i guess that includes all the players they bought and then loaned out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well, I’m very super excited. More teams in far fetched leagues for me to follow.

I guess there’s some tax benefits to spending cash? [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Albion have £146 million of losses to absorb before they pay any corporation tax, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Albion have £146 million of losses to absorb before they pay any corporation tax, so I don't think it will be an issue.

So with the money 'not' going out v the money coming in that'll be in about 6 months time. :lol:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

or we don't see them play as they have to be eased into the team, properly coached or some such twaddle..........but them stick em in let's go!

Or we wait for the talent and attacking exuberance to be coached away into the tracking back and defending as a team ethos.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nah, it's falling out of love with football...it's been creeping up on me for a while and is coming to a head.

Not knocking it but do you still prefer to play Earth, Wind and Fire and other disco music on your record player? And play Subbuteo? And make model air fix?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We run an Academy, which like its educational equivalent, trains and teaches youngsters how to play professional football. It's like a pyramid and very few will make it to the top, but that doesn't mean the ones who only rise up a little way will not be professional players. They might be playing back in their own country, or for lower league teams, but they are still using what skills they've been taught.
I don't have a problem with it.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I've been feeling like that recently, well, since Tuesday night really.

I know what you mean. However, subject to the weather, I will be at the Amex tomorrow in the hope of the said ardour being reinvigorated by three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here