Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised the no imagination crew haven't suggested going after Giroud.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Charlie Austin - Stains prepared to listen to offers?

He wants much more game time, can't see him getting much more than he does with Stains but, having said that would be a great addition.

He's rarely fit to play, and lacks fitness in general. He's lazy, arrogant, has a shit attitude (which is why Hassenhutl doesn't want him) and is on massive wages.

Great addition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's rarely fit to play, and lacks fitness in general. He's lazy, arrogant, has a shit attitude (which is why Hassenhutl doesn't want him) and is on massive wages.

Great addition.

It's hard to say for sure but BG may well be a fan as well.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
All these suggestions for signings are all very well but ........ I dont think CH , TB & PB will be listening to you as they seem to already made their mind up to go with what we have unless a real bargain becomes available or a season ending injury before the deadline

only additions maybe for U23 , U18 squads which seem to be getting a bit thin with all the loans

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on Barber.

Bring in that Striker and midfielder.

Have we taken our eyes off the ball???

We are playing with fire with other lower table clubs are shelling out the cash.

Do it NOW!:flounce::flounce::flounce::angry:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Barber on Talksport:

Won't be keeping Jim White up late tonight.

Couple of young players for the u23s we're hoping to sign today, but it's very quiet which I'm delighted about. Very happy with what we've got.

We like to do our business in the summer when we can negotiate the best deals. Prices inflated in January, so we avoid business in this window.

Now going on about the bans.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Great addition.

According to my Saints STH wife and friends, that sums up sicknote Austin fairly well.....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
the only words in that close to truth are "looks set for a move away" but thats because his contract runs out in the summer

I would add 'Brighton defender' to that, but I'm sure some will wholeheartedly disagree...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Come on Barber.

Bring in that Striker and midfielder.

Have we taken our eyes off the ball???

We are playing with fire with other lower table clubs are shelling out the cash.

Do it NOW!:flounce::flounce::flounce::angry:

Why? the squad we have is plenty good enough to keep us up, and take us through to the end of the season in my opinion. In tgypical NSC fashion people are panicking over one bad 2nd hald performance at Fulham.

Any team strengthening can be done in the summer window when more players are available, and at more realistic prices. Making last minute panic signings to address the perceived problem, is precisely how not to do good business, and thankfully isn't ther way Albion do things.

In any case is it Paul Barber who makes that call? No it isn't, it's a matter for the Recruitment Team and Chairman..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Newcastle break their transfer record to sign playmaker Miguel Almiron

How on earth can they blow 20 mill on a player from the MLS? They can't gauge any sort of quality.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would have liked someone like Danny Drinkwater to compete with Stephens for the DM role, ah well never mind.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How on earth can they blow 20 mill on a player from the MLS? They can't gauge any sort of quality.

Well presumably they have had him watched several times and done their due diligence, but l take your point, the opposition that he has come up against to date won't be anywhere near the same level that he will be facing week in week out in the Premier League.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here