Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guardian Preview

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Reading that makes me uncertain about Locadia, again. I don't know what it is but I just don't think he fancies it.
Hope he plays and performs against Nice today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reading that makes me uncertain about Locadia, again. I don't know what it is but I just don't think he fancies it.
Hope he plays and performs against Nice today.

I think he’s going to be a star this season, I saw glimpses of a player with good ball control, ability to make a pass under pressure and with some pace. Once he has some game time I think he’ll be a player that is hard to shake off the ball and shields it well so will bring others into play. An early goal will do his confidence a world of good.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hard to argue with much of that.

This comment made me chuckle though:

No time for these self-labelled "Boutique clubs" and their hipster fans. Hope they are relegated along with Bournemouth and Fulham.

I can't think of a single time we've called ourselves a 'boutique club'.

Working in an industry that brings me into contact with a lot of actual hipsters I can safely say that I have only ever seen 1 person that remotely looked like a hipster at the Amex over the past few seasons.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

No time for these self-labelled "Boutique clubs" and their hipster fans. Hope they are relegated along with Bournemouth and Fulham.

I love a good Guardian comments binfest.

*buys pint and settles in*

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I think he’s going to be a star this season, I saw glimpses of a player with good ball control, ability to make a pass under pressure and with some pace. Once he has some game time I think he’ll be a player that is hard to shake off the ball and shields it well so will bring others into play. An early goal will do his confidence a world of good.

I agree. Seems a real confidence player. Let's hope he starts well because he definitely has the raw attributes.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I’d like to see us try the following away from home:

<back five as per usual>

Stephens Pröpper Bissouma

Groß Jahanbakhsh

Locadia

With AK, Murray & Izqueirdo to come off the bench and change things up.

For me that front three would be interchangeable and get the best out of Locadia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Working in an industry that brings me into contact with a lot of actual hipsters I can safely say that I have only ever seen 1 person that remotely looked like a hipster at the Amex over the past few seasons.

Capture.PNG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Steinburg is one of the best writers out there and a must follow on Twitter. Excellent write up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’d like to see us try the following away from home:

<back five as per usual>

Stephens Pröpper Bissouma

Groß Jahanbakhsh

Locadia

With AK, Murray & Izqueirdo to come off the bench and change things up.

For me that front three would be interchangeable and get the best out of Locadia.

Andone?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Bloke in the comments claiming Bong was often the problem is a bit of an idiot too.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe it was just the way I read it, but it felt like the author was acting like it would be a revelation to any Brighton fans reading it that we need to continue focusing on survival rather than expect to crack the top 4, as if everyone else has been writing articles about Brighton challenging for Europe this year, and us fans bragging about how easy it was to stay up last year.

Other than that, it seemed reasonable.

On predictions for finishing spot: That prediction is based on an average of all the writers working on the season's previews. Of course they predicted us to go down last year, we were a newly promoted club, Cardiff, Fulham and Wolves will make up the top relegation candidates for most predictions written this year (especially when averaging out a number of predictions). Then next year, whichever of them survives will be predicted to narrowly stay up that year.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good piece from an awful rag

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here