Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
its a case of communication with both east & west coast of USA for permission to approach.

How difficult is it actually to communicate with the East & West coast of the US? The number of times that's been trotted out now, I can only assume Swansea have sent someone over on a cruise liner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How difficult is it actually to communicate with the East & West coast of the US? The number of times that's been trotted out now, I can only assume Swansea have sent someone over on a cruise liner.

True, we deal with companies and individuals on the East and West Coast, it just means being available into the evening :rolleyes:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think people are getting a bit carried away with this style of football thing... Im not asking for us to play like City or Barcelona over night.

I would however like to see some sort of pattern of play going forward and the odd bloody shot on target... its not much to ask really is it ?

Jeez. Fans. Next it will be goals... :ffsparr:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
(data includes matches played since 29th Dec 2018)

D5_llgsXoAEZS2D.jpg

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby

Its the time difference that makes it slightly more complicated as west coast is 5 hours behind us & the east coast can be up to 8 hours behind us.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only count it across the WHOLE season. There was a time that Man Utd fans would tell you about the table while Ole had been in charge, as if that made them top 3, or that it meant Ole was the next coming of Sir Alex Ferguson.

We're all judged across the whole season. Cherry picking teh elements of the season that suits a particular narrative is fairly meaningless.

Downward trajectory

kjgood

KLets not forget Rafa took Newcastle down, Mourhino is just laughable off to PSG

Was a tongue in cheek comment and thought most would understand that. I wouldnt expect and in fact wouldnt want Jose to come to us. But surely with the second half of the seasons performances we have had chance to have a good look around. A more or less unknown untested guy from the championship and lower Swedish league isnt what I would have expected to be number one to replaced the excellent manager and man that Chris is. Mr Potter must be good.

Raffa though, his contract ends soon so why couldnt we have a go at attracting the likes of him? We are are third season Premier League club with a good fanbase, fantastic stadium and owner, state of the art training facilities why shouldnt we aim higher?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Probably been mentioned before, but as Potter hasn’t come out and said he wants to stay at Swansea, he probably doesn’t want to.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Raffa though, his contract ends soon so why couldnt we have a go at attracting the likes of him? We are are third season Premier League club with a good fanbase, fantastic stadium and owner, state of the art training facilities why shouldnt we aim higher?

because its just ridiculous .

He would go to a club realistically chasing trophies. He stayed with Newcastle out of loyalty and the fact they are a huge club. We can't compete with those who would be trying to lure him back into management whatever people think through their rose tinted glassses

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Its the time difference that makes it slightly more complicated as west coast is 5 hours behind us & the east coast can be up to 8 hours behind us.

Actually its the other way round. Here in the East Coast time zone its 11.42am which 5 hours behind the UK which is currently 4.42pm. On the West coast its 8.42 am which is 8 hours behind the UK.

You have not been charged for this information. :)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So Sam Alardyce it is then

I tell you what...in terms of Premier League consolidation, if that's the realistic priority, and the need to make a proven and "safe" appointment who can build on the work done by CH and leaving aside the defensive football, dodgy dealings etc., Shirley, and I hate myself for saying this, 2 years of Fat Sam would achieve those goals with considerably less risk than almost any other appointment. Just saying'.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
because its just ridiculous .

He would go to a club realistically chasing trophies. He stayed with Newcastle out of loyalty and the fact they are a huge club. We can't compete with those who would be trying to lure him back into management whatever people think through their rose tinted glassses

Just how HUGE are they, is that bigger or smaller than MASSIVE?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I tell you what...in terms of Premier League consolidation, if that's the realistic priority, and the need to make a proven and "safe" appointment who can build on the work done by CH and leaving aside the defensive football, dodgy dealings etc., Shirley, and I hate myself for saying this, 2 years of Fat Sam would achieve those goals with considerably less risk than almost any other appointment. Just saying'.

Two words...

**** off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here