Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sad news - hopefully the club have at least made him an offer to stay in some capacity.

His influence on the pitch will be massively missed though - what a man, and what a player. :bowdown:

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I'm gutted because I loved him, but retiring after leading Albion out in his final game at The Amex, at home to Manchester City with us safe in The Premier League for another year, in front of a worldwide TV audience of millions - that's not a bad way to sign off on your own terms.

The post match lap of appreciation on Sunday takes on new significance and emotion now - I do hope everyone stays for it.

I concur.

We need to do him proud both team and fans :bhasign:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh man I am gutted by this news

I have bloody loved watching him play for us, still an incredible player.

I will sing his name for 90 mins on sunday

Hopefully he'll be substituted with 5 minutes to go so he can receive a personal standing ovation.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Bruno has been, is and will always be one of my all time favourite Albion players.

Skill, flair, leadership, passion, consistency and bald with a beard. LEGEND.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well.

That wasn't the announcement I was looking for.
I hope it was his decision and not the club's.
Probably my all time favourite player.

Legend.

Good luck finding a replacement.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Feel absolutely choked, knew the day would come sooner rather than later, but feel really sad.....

A great player, amazing skill, lovely/decent person and an absolute iconic figure.

Possibly one of the greatest players in the club’s history.....

Just love Bruno.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is sad
I told my daughter to savour the time after Knockaert came on last Sunday. The understanding him and Bruno had has been poetry in motion.

I'm more than 10 years younger than Bruno but I still look up to him as a role model. Epitomises everything what I want the club to be.

I'm 15 years OLDER and look up to him as a role model FFS !

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Truly gutted. A great man and a truly great player. This has really hit me even though it had to come and some point. Going out his way and on his terms. I haven't seen a better right back play for our club and I doubt I ever will.

I really hope the club does everything it possibly can to keep him involved in some way. You couldn't have a better mentor and inspiration for the youngsters at the club.

Thank you El Capitan.........thank you. :bowdown:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gutted. But at 38, it's not the most surprising announcement, I guess. An absolute legend who has been at the heart of the ups and downs over the past few years and someone who still manages to maintain an unbelievable level of control of a football.

Is it just me who thought it was slightly strange that there was no quote or comment from the main main in the official release? Dunky on the radio a minute ago said he and the rest of the players are gutted too.

On the plus side, new RB incoming...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Little bit emotional after seeing this.

A club great off & on the pitch.

I feel it a little bit too, but just wait until Sunday after the game as he's walking round the pitch and in the penalty area in front of the North applauding everyone and crying his eyes out as 'Ole, ole, ole, ole, ole, Bruno!' rings out................it's going to get very emotional.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Need a petition to get him to stay another year. We need his calming influence on the pitch especially if we keep AK.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The day we dreaded.
Kinda pleased he’s going out with a question mark over whether we can afford to lose him as a player.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here