Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans pushing locals into a fountain

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Utterly Bizarre

There was an almost identical thread to this moaning about England fans in Amsterdam when we played the Dutch in a friendly. Some of those sticking up for the scousers as a cheeky tearaway minority which have got out of hand are the very same posters who couldn't wait to get stuck into the England fans.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Mine neither, except the petty street crime is everywhere as per the warning signs and I’ve seen it too. But you only need to listen to the locals complaints about foreign vice and mass tourism and they’re far from happy about it.

I am a local. Tourism itself is certainly gets many complaints but its because its driving up the cost of living and the city's infrastructure suffers during peak times. Petty crime and vice isn't spoken about all that much really.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
English football fans have been demonstrating their superiority over Europeans for years but the current political climate in England hardly helps. Of course, those promoting that climate will be the loudest to tut-tut.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am a local. Tourism itself is certainly gets many complaints but its because its driving up the cost of living and the city's infrastructure suffers during peak times. Petty crime and vice isn't spoken about all that much really.

It’s funny, we all have different experiences even when we live somewhere. My godmother has left Barca after ten years because of the rising rates of petty crime and vice plus the boorish behaviour she witnessed frequently from stag and hen dos. When I was last there I saw a moped drive by robbery and my mother in law had her hand bag nearly stolen despite being strapped across her. Some oink tried to lift it over her head before we grabbed him. Believe a lot is blamed on Romanian, how true that is I don’t know.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s funny, we all have different experiences even when we live somewhere. My godmother has left Barca after ten years because of the rising rates of petty crime and vice plus the boorish behaviour she witnessed frequently from stag and hen dos. When I was last there I saw a moped drive by robbery and my mother in law had her hand bag nearly stolen despite being strapped across her. Some oink tried to lift it over her head before we grabbed him. Believe a lot is blamed on Romanian, how true that is I don’t know.
London is no different.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
London is no different.
Indeed. And seeing as I started this by pointing out that you see much worse behaviour in Barca, I'll also point out that you see much worse behaviour in London.

I wasn't slagging off the city or defending the Liverpool morons. As per my earlier post.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is one fan and one member of the public, unlike the title of the thread. It is over the top outrage.

Is that how you see it? I see it as one member of the public (quite small and in offensive in stature) being bullied by a number of large, male, drunk Liverpool fans. I just wish he had had the guts to have chinned one of the bullies (who behind the drink and other louts were acting hard).

In similar circumstances I hope as an Albion fan I would have apologised to the frightened chap and bought him a drink.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Is that how you see it? I see it as one member of the public (quite small and in offensive in stature) being bullied by a number of large, male, drunk Liverpool fans. I just wish he had had the guts to have chinned one of the bullies (who behind the drink and other louts were acting hard).

In similar circumstances I hope as an Albion fan I would have apologised to the frightened chap and bought him a drink.

I was questioning the plural in the thread title, making it sound like hundreds of Liverpool fans were assaulting lots of locals.
Yes, I would've like to have seen the bloke chin the one who tipped him in.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20190503-WA0000.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here