Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If we had a second referendum and got the same result, would the remainers here finally accept the democratic mandate?

Or would they want "best of five"?

If we had a second referendum and remain won, would the leavers here accept that result?

Or would they want "best of three"?

May and Cameron between them have ****ed this up so badly, I can't see any way to un-**** it now.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The People voted to Brexit.
Parliament, the representatives of The People, will never agree how to do this (and most, with the honourable exception of May, are determined to stop it) and so left to Parliament it will never happen.
So the People must vote again on the only two options left: Stay or No Deal Brexit. If we vote No Deal then parliament will not be able to stop it. Its up to us.
Giving us another vote cannot be 'undemocratic' by definition and will enable us to move forward with certainty.

This is actually the best solution.

A vote on "No deal vs Revoke article 50"

That way after all the stuff that's happened in the last two years, no one can argue about what leaving means etc

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would like you to show the verifiable sources for your statement.

thing is i made no statement, only relayed heresay, whereas WatfordO said he had demonstrated what would happen at ports. im still non the wiser to realistic information about what happens on 30th March with no deal option, just so much speculation.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Ah, another brexiteer wanker here trying to fight back against his ridiculous Brexit fantasies falling apart. Its turned to shit, quick, attack Corbyn haha
Welfare of the country??
Yeah, thanks for your concern considering it may involve economic chaos for the country for decades. Im sure the people on lower incomes will thank you. You ****wit.

Another abusive post - is this what NSC is about?.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They need us more than we need them!

We can have our cake and eat it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know what the French would do!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If we had a second referendum and remain won, would the leavers here accept that result?

As a leaver, I probably wouldn't unless it was such a resounding percentage to remain ( say 75% plus )

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love the classics but you forgot the “strong and stable” and “ Brexit means Brexit”

:lolol:

No deal is better than a bad deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"In the national interest" is starting to irritate on May's Soundbite Bingo now.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
If we had a second referendum and got the same result, would the remainers here finally accept the democratic mandate?

May and Cameron between them have ****ed this up so badly, I can't see any way to un-**** it now.

Probably - If we assume that there are 2 options on the paper, (a deal, and cancel Brexit) then fine, the people have had their say. To this day, it is an enormous shame that the various politicians (and I largely blame the brexiteers) did not present a civilised campaign that weighed up the various pros and cons of leaving or staying or even that I deal was already in place and we voted on that deal. The much heard 'you lost, get over it' is such a sad reflection of the whole thing, that somehow there were winners and losers in this. We've all lost, end of.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Meanwhile:

“UK economy slows”
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46505692

“Shares in Interserve - one of the UK's largest providers of public services - have collapsed after it revealed it is seeking a rescue deal.”
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46505688

“Pound falls further ”
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46510636

“Crossrail delay: £1.4bn bailout as autumn 2019 launch delayed”
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-46507417

And this is just today!
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION], as I have said before #CountryinCrisis #BritainontheBrink I look forward to your badly written mathematically wonky reply.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Based on this thread I reckon we could make a decent action figure out of PPF. One of those one's where you pull a string and it spouts out a couple of lines.

"Coming to a Poundland near you, the PPF action figure! Pull his (or her) string to hear one of three CLASSIC catch-phrases:

'Leave means leave!'
'Priceless!'
'Regards DR'

Be sure to pick yours up! Coming March, 2019!

Batteries sold separately, accessories not included""

Not available in Europe

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

A lot, lot more than I currently accept the result of the first referendum. That was fought on topics so unrelated to the current debate on Brexit as to appear to be on a completely different subject - did we hear about 'backstops' in the referendum debate? No we did not.

So if Remain was to lose a referendum vote played on the current battlefield, I can accept the democratic result. I will still think the leavers are ridiculous to have done so, and will still bemoan what it means to our environment, our place in the world, our economy in the macro, and several of my friends jobs and careers in the micro, but at least I will know the people have decided based on the proper information.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A lot, lot more than I currently accept the result of the first referendum. That was fought on topics so unrelated to the current debate on Brexit as to appear to be on a completely different subject - did we hear about 'backstops' in the referendum debate? No we did not.

So if Remain was to lose a referendum vote played on the current battlefield, I can accept the democratic result. I will still think the leavers are ridiculous to have done so, and will still bemoan what it means to our environment, our place in the world, our economy in the macro, and several of my friends jobs and careers in the micro, but at least I will know the people have decided based on the proper information.

This. All of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here