Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am surprised he has made such a shout about it as it was obviously sung in jest to wind him up and it worked. They obviously wont sack him just yet perhaps at Easter if no improvement but I thought the best chant was the QPR fans singing were you there when we scored a goal. In fairness to him even for being ex Palace he has been very complimentary on Sky about CH and our style of play,.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
He was asked a direct question about fans chanting you're getting sacked in the morning. As usual he does not engage brain before opening his mouth. Reporters know he is always good for a quote, that's why they love him. No Wurzel, it did not change the game, you were 2 nil down at the time. No reporters bothered to correct him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I quite like the bloke. He's engaging and sometimes funny and quite entertaining. He knows sod all about football though - perhaps that's part of his charm.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's okay, and arguably was trying to deflect criticism from his teams poor performance.

However, it is good to know he heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Come on. It was a throwaway remark in jest. in rest of interview he praised the manager, the players and the owner as he has consistently done all season.

“I think they are a club going in the right direction. I think they have got a fantastic manager.
“I think the owner is fantastic, I think the training ground is as good as anything and I think the team care about each other
“They have got a togetherness that could tide you over.
“You need a slice of luck, you need to keep growing.
“You need to get the balance right because there are no guarantees in this division.
“Normally, it’s about your goals and all I can say is to congratulate Chris Hughton on adding Glenn Murray, ex-Palace and all of that.
“The fans have loved him up again. I think he is huge because you know what you are going to get.
“I was somewhere where he got me 31 goals and you’ve gone and got one of the best men about.
“You’ve got Tomer Hemed, you’ve got Sam Baldock. Good God!
“You’ve got Solly March coming back so well done and you are doing it all without the Premier League money so far. That’s what is unusual."

In August he said we were going up...and has spent the season pre QPR praising us to the hilt on our frequent Sky appearances.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14654076.Albion_are_going_up_says_ex_Palace_boss/

""I think Brighton will use the disappointment of last season to their advantage and get automatic promotion.
"They have a solid defensive unit, but also can attack you from all angles. It's a great mix.
"The relationship between the manager (below) and the board also is very stable while their recruitment policy is spot on.The Argus:
"It's only a matter of time until they reach the Premier League. This could be their year."

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Come on. It was a throwaway remark in jest. in rest of interview he praised the manager, the players and the owner as he has consistently done all season.

“I think they are a club going in the right direction. I think they have got a fantastic manager.
“I think the owner is fantastic, I think the training ground is as good as anything and I think the team care about each other
“They have got a togetherness that could tide you over.
“You need a slice of luck, you need to keep growing.
“You need to get the balance right because there are no guarantees in this division.
“Normally, it’s about your goals and all I can say is to congratulate Chris Hughton on adding Glenn Murray, ex-Palace and all of that.
“The fans have loved him up again. I think he is huge because you know what you are going to get.
“I was somewhere where he got me 31 goals and you’ve gone and got one of the best men about.
“You’ve got Tomer Hemed, you’ve got Sam Baldock. Good God!
“You’ve got Solly March coming back so well done and you are doing it all without the Premier League money so far. That’s what is unusual."

In August he said we were going up...and has spent the season pre QPR praising us to the hilt on our frequent Sky appearances.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14654076.Albion_are_going_up_says_ex_Palace_boss/

""I think Brighton will use the disappointment of last season to their advantage and get automatic promotion.
"They have a solid defensive unit, but also can attack you from all angles. It's a great mix.
"The relationship between the manager (below) and the board also is very stable while their recruitment policy is spot on.The Argus:
"It's only a matter of time until they reach the Premier League. This could be their year."

I don't think it was in jest ..he was just petty cheesed off with yet another defeat....but you are quite right to point out all those other comments, particularly the ones he made post match

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
In the last few minutes when the QPR fans pretended to celebrate a goal and a small section of the the North Stand sang 3-1 to the Albion... that was showing a bit a bit of respect.

Christmas cheer perhaps.

Sorry... but if one man thinks 28,000 football fans should cut the banter and show 'respect' against a team which basically gave up after 50 minutes... he doesn't know as much as he think he does.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wolves fans giving the CJTC pelters apparently. He's just reacted by orchestrating them.

I'd be so unhappy if this clown was the manager of my club, he's an embarassing sideshow whilst presiding over a complete shambles of a team.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Wolves fans giving the CJTC pelters apparently. He's just reacted by orchestrating them.

I'd be so unhappy if this clown was the manager of my club, he's an embarassing sideshow whilst presiding over a complete shambles of a team.

He loves the limelight, will be back on SKY before the ink on his pay off cheque is DRY

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Football manager Ian Holloway makes bizarre Brexit claim that EU is responsible for handball rules

Football manager Ian Holloway has claimed that the European Union is to blame for the Premier League’s divisive new handball law.

The rule has attracted plenty of criticism in the first two weeks of the season, particularly after Gabriel Jesus saw an injury time goal disallowed by the Video Assistant Referee because team-mate Aymeric Laporte was adjudged to have handled the ball.

However, until now nobody had singled out the EU to blame.

Appearing on The Debate show on Sky Sports alongside Geoff Shreeves and

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-handball-eu-rule-qpr-blackpool-a9072536.html

[tweet]1163929537488576512[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1163929537488576512

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You beat me to it chap, he's gone a bit cuckoo IMO.

ian-holloway.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Football manager Ian Holloway makes bizarre Brexit claim that EU is responsible for handball rules

Football manager Ian Holloway has claimed that the European Union is to blame for the Premier League’s divisive new handball law.

The rule has attracted plenty of criticism in the first two weeks of the season, particularly after Gabriel Jesus saw an injury time goal disallowed by the Video Assistant Referee because team-mate Aymeric Laporte was adjudged to have handled the ball.

However, until now nobody had singled out the EU to blame.

Appearing on The Debate show on Sky Sports alongside Geoff Shreeves and

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-handball-eu-rule-qpr-blackpool-a9072536.html

[tweet]1163929537488576512[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1163929537488576512

Jesus Christ, what a plank.

I'd avoid the desperate foray into politics, Ian. Stick to being a shit manager instead.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Classic Brexiter
Blame everything on EU. Not a clue about reality or truth
Believes in unicorns and what he sees on the side of a bus..
Totally la la!

So we exit from EUFA, no Euros, no UEFA cup, and no Champions League after 31st October? Silly old fool.

Ah, we must be playing football to WTO rules, instead.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I say that as one, like most on here, who genuinely likes the guy.

Not sure he's as popular as you think.

I and most people I have spoken to about Holloway think he's an annoying prick.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here