Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Poll: Favourite 1960s /70s ITC produced TV series (with real actors)?

Which is your favourite 1960s/70s ITC produced TV series (with real actors)?

• Danger Man (1960-68)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Saint (1962-69)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The Baron (1966-67)

• Man in a Suitcase (1967-68)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • The Prisoner (1967-68)

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • The Champions (1968-69)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • The Strange Report (1968-69)

• Department S (1969-70)

• Randall & Hopkirk (1969-71)

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • UFO (1970-73)

• Jason King (1971-72)

• The Persuaders (1971-72)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • The Adventurer (1972-73)

• The Protectors (1972-73)

• The Zoo Gang (1974)

• Space 1999 (1975-77)

• Return of the Saint (1978-79)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On lazy Sunday afternoons with The Saint, in the good old days.

I have The Saint complete on DVD. Haven't watch any yet. To paraphrase Danny Baker, don't let daylight in on cherished memories.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have The Saint complete on DVD. Haven't watch any yet. To paraphrase Danny Baker, don't let daylight in on cherished memories.....

Received as pressies, I still haven’t watched The Godfather, Godfather 2 discs and some other movies. (Although I have watched them on a box a few times).

I must break out The Thick Of It boxset again soon, I think my 16 year old might like it and be old enough for Malcolm Tucker’s liberal use of “cnt”.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back to the winners, who is the lovely Anette Andre pictured with here? One actor was in a classic episode of The Avengers, and the other has a Brighton link....

randall.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Received as pressies, I still haven’t watched The Godfather, Godfather 2 discs and some other movies. (Although I have watched them on a box a few times).

I must break out The Thick Of It boxset again soon, I think my 16 year old might like it and be old enough for Malcolm Tucker’s liberal use of “cnt”.

Indeed. The Thick of It is a right of passage. Not wishing to derail this thread, but who could not resist a soapy titwank? If that isn't a double negative. ??? :lolol:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I have the Man in a Suitcase and Deparment S box sets. My wife had a bit of a thing for Richard Bradford of the former and I had a bit of a thing for "Jason King" of the latter so we are both happy.

One of our favourite games to play with Man in a Suitcase is spot the prop. Because of the relatively low budgets they use to use the same props for different episodes. So a vase or painting which might be featured in a villa in Portugal in one episode will crop up adorning a Chelsea bachelor pad in another episode. Also the continuity goofs are fun to watch with car number plates changing mid car chase. Then there is the stunt /fight double for Richard Bradford who's probably a good four inches taller than him and whose grey ill fitting Bradford style wig sometimes gets knocked a bit askew during fight scenes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More Randall and Hopkirk trivia, the music was written by Edwin Astley: Astley married Hazel Balbirnie in 1945.Their eldest daughter Karen Astley married Pete Townshend of The Who, and their son Jon Astley produced and remastered The Who's reissues. Daughter Virginia Astley is a singer-songwriter.

I LOVE Virginia Astley. Only fear of further derailing this lovely thread precludes my posting . . . .oh bollocks....too late!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=176N8Cg6p3g

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
More Randall and Hopkirk trivia, the music was written by Edwin Astley: Astley married Hazel Balbirnie in 1945.Their eldest daughter Karen Astley married Pete Townshend of The Who, and their son Jon Astley produced and remastered The Who's reissues. Daughter Virginia Astley is a singer-songwriter.

I LOVE Virginia Astley. Only fear of further derailing this lovely thread precludes my posting . . . .oh bollocks....too late!

Even more R&H trivia.

Guy Pratt, the long-serving bass player with the Gilmour-led Pink Floyd, Gilmour solo shows, and the recent (and rather bloody fabulous!) Nick Mason's 'Saucerful of Secrets', is the son of Mike Pratt (Randall).
He resides in Brighton, too. Cool dude. :)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Back to the winners, who is the lovely Anette Andre pictured with here? One actor was in a classic episode of The Avengers, and the other has a Brighton link....

View attachment 111650

One of them is Dudley Foster (here playing one of the Foster Brothers). He also appeared in Danger Man and The Saint and who commited suicide four years after his appearance in Randall & Hopkirk.

The other Foster brother is Alfred Burke whose character Frank Marker, who he played in Public Eye, moved to Brighton.

My word. I forgot how hot Annette Andre was. She also appeared in The Prisoner, The Saint, The Baron, The Persuaders, Return of the Saint, The Avengers and even Crossroads.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Even more R&H trivia. Kenneth Cope, who had less hair than his Marty Hopkirk character, mistakenly wore his wig back to front in the first three filmed episodes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of them is Dudley Foster (here playing one of the Foster Brothers). He also appeared in Danger Man and The Saint and who commited suicide four years after his appearance in Randall & Hopkirk.

The other Foster brother is Alfred Burke whose character Frank Marker, who he played in Public Eye, moved to Brighton.

My word. I forgot how hot Annette Andre was. She also appeared in The Prisoner, The Saint, The Baron, The Persuaders, Return of the Saint, The Avengers and even Crossroads.

Double :bowdown::bigwave:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Who can forget the 'Anyone Can Play' episode featuring the iconic 'Concorde' in the background?

Where else would you get 2 legends in Curtis and Moore having fisticuffs beneath The Pier?

i018259.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My father was her drama teacher

Despite this connection, it was not a programme I ever watched.

In fact, the only programme on that list that I've seen is The Prisoner - so it has to be that.

Be seeing you

I loved The Prisoner. I didn't see it until the 80s rerun but became quite obsessesed. In fact my invisible avatar (for some reason it doesn't display) is a silhouette of Number 6 with the catchphrase "Be seeing you" underneath. However I chose Man in a Suitcase, (which I didn't watch until the 90s) because it has achieved cult status in our house which both my wife and I enjoy. Like a lot of people she never much cared for The Prisoner.

If I had to choose one which I enjoyed most at the time of original broadcast it would have to be Randall & Hopkirk. Unlike Man in a Suitcase that was shown before my bedtime.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Have to go for 'The Champions' if for no other reason than the gorgeous local girl Alexandra Bastedo. Eight years old at the time and in love..... swooon.:love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here