Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You really seem very bitter.

You don't believe the Country can survive and prosper in the longer term without the EU? Well, you will see that the Country can and will.

He' not ''my'' leader but he is the strongest candidate. Who do you think is?

Come on, stop ****ing around. Tell us about your strongest candidate, tell us about his decision making.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Come on, stop ****ing around. Tell us about your strongest candidate, tell us about his decision making.

You don't get straight answers from her - just diverting then complaining when having to provide sauces, given what i've read in this thread.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Note that Gove's admission of taking Coke isn't a spontaneous outbreak of unaccustomed and refreshing honesty

a) it was going to be leaked anyway

b) he deliberately concealed this (following advice) in the previous leadership race

c) given that Rory Stewart openly admitted smoking opium, it must have helped Gove

Still, it won't play well in the shires among the blue rinse brigade.

PS I'd love to see Gove's voting record in the Commons on drug related issues plus any public pronouncements he's made

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You don't believe the Country can survive and prosper in the longer term without the EU? Well, you will see that the Country can and will.

You repeatedly and tiresomely say this but when asked to explain yourself you either go missing, get all defensive or post links to equally vague clap trap you’ve found on the internet. You’re like [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION], but without the rudeness and the weird fantasy stuff.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Note that Gove's admission of taking Coke isn't a spontaneous outbreak of unaccustomed and refreshing honesty

a) it was going to be leaked anyway

b) he deliberately concealed this (following advice) in the previous leadership race

c) given that Rory Stewart openly admitted smoking opium, it must have helped Gove

Still, it won't play well in the shires among the blue rinse brigade.

PS I'd love to see Gove's voting record in the Commons on drug related issues plus any public pronouncements he's made

Of course he deeply regrets it now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't fall for the "eccentric" Boris bullshit, it's an illusion - which is why he is so mistrusted by other MPs.

If he wins through to the membership vote, it's because other MPs have reluctantly admitted that people like yourself have fallen for it.

Sporadically media savvy is a better way to describe him. This is the man you after picking up that people liked his ruffled hair, would routinely ruffle it before going on air to be interviewed.

He isn't good at much, but has found that certain people like he isn't good at much. Only there to appease the membership, a modern day Jeffrey Archer who Thatcher despised.

He attracts an X-Factor voting crowd and will actively go after it. If a dog can win so can Boris.

You are welcome to him, but he will inevitably fail you.

The best description I heard of Boris is:-

He's a man who stands back to see which way everybody is running.
Then shouts 'quick everyone follow me'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've just started watching the BBC Thatcher series. What strikes you is that she had strong core beliefs about what direction to take the country, underpinned by an iron will and a strong work ethic. This meant she always spoke with confidence, consistency and belief.

Now I didn't agree with a lot of those policies but I can see they are the qualities required of a leader to take people with them, and I don't see those same qualities in today's crop of Tory candidates.

The weird thing is coming out of the Single Market is the exact opposite to what Thatcher would have done, and it is opposite to Heath and Major too. By breaking away from her beliefs so markedly you have to wonder where the Tory moral compass is, and how they believe they can possibly get to wherever it is they think they are going.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
At least it explains why Gove is so weird as he’s off his tits on coke

Trouble is the Labour Party is not the same as it used to be years ago i that voted for in the past its got some very different unpleasant aspects to it these days .

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It makes me laugh that the tories are so divorced from normality that in order to come across as more relatable they have to admit to drug misdemeanours. What would Thatcher say eh.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I've just started watching the BBC Thatcher series. What strikes you is that she had strong core beliefs about what direction to take the country, underpinned by an iron will and a strong work ethic. This meant she always spoke with confidence, consistency and belief.

Now I didn't agree with a lot of those policies but I can see they are the qualities required of a leader to take people with them, and I don't see those same qualities in today's crop of Tory candidates.

The weird thing is coming out of the Single Market is the exact opposite to what Thatcher would have done, and it is opposite to Heath and Major too. By breaking away from her beliefs so markedly you have to wonder where the Tory moral compass is, and how they believe they can possibly get to wherever it is they think they are going.
Indeed, you used to perceive that the Tories were the party that was supportive of business and a strong economy, now most of them want out without any sort of trading deal with the massive market on our doorstep for purely visceral ideological reasons. I'd despair if I was a business owner that traded internationally, no wonder investment has plummeted as there is absolutely no certainty about where we are heading

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh well,at least Cor-bin doesn't have to worry about people revealing he's done dope.Everybody knows about Di Abbott.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It makes me laugh that the tories are so divorced from normality that in order to come across as more relatable they have to admit to drug misdemeanours. What would Thatcher say eh.

Do you remember the photo of the cabinet when they were told to dress down to look normal, I think that was under Thatcher.
Someone please put it up, it's bloody funny.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh well,at least Cor-bin doesn't have to worry about people revealing he's done dope.Everybody knows about Di Abbott.

I’m waiting for your “confession” that you regret smoking ganja with Bob Marley.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i think it funny that the media go hounding after politicans, or others, for a bit of recreational drugs when its so common in their industry. journalist know Gove had dabbled because they were doing it with him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
i think it funny that the media go hounding after politicans, or others, for a bit of recreational drugs when its so common in their industry. journalist know Gove had dabbled because they were doing it with him.

But does anybody CARE?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But does anybody CARE?

I couldn't give a toss, but it might be quite funny if we end up with a PM who can't visit the USA given the number of candidates who are now 'coming out' and the questions that have to be answered to be let in

Gove - Coke
Boris - Coke & Cannabis
Leadsom - Cannabis
Raab - Cannabis
Hunt - Cannabis
Stewart - Opium

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently an opinion poll now says that Rory Stewart and Boris Johnson are level with the public as best PM choice. Shouldn't that be an opium poll ?

If they like Johnson I'd say the public are on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here