Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yes another Potter thread....

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Seems no-one here is aware of the children in need sponsorship he did down at Swansea for a brewery called Boss in Swansea.
He went the whole match with a bottle of Nutjob Peanut Butter Pale Ale balanced on his head....raised 1000's
So impressed were the taff's, they called him Beer-tricks Potter after that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Would it surprise you that I managed to find exactly the thread you were on about using the "broken" search as one of only two lines?

I am surprised that you included dwayne in your search ???

Are you saying that we have to put the name of the thread starter in as well?

My advance search uses Potter from 1 month ago and newer and I get this:

search.jpg

And my results are:

potter5.jpg

Do you not even even notice the other major problem?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am surprised that you included dwayne in your search ???

Are you saying that we have to put the name of the thread starter in as well?

My advance search uses Potter from 1 month ago and newer and I get this:

View attachment 110381

And my results are:

View attachment 110382

Do you not even even notice the other major problem?

Nope. I'm demonstrating that if you give a database enough information it will find what you want. It is not "broken", it's just not an optimized search engine, as I said several posts ago. I remembered that dwayne posted the thread and that our manager's full name is Graham Potter. You seem not to have. Nevertheless, if you don't know the thread starter then just filter by title only instead. The below search will get you four unique results, including the thread you're after. [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] 's suggestion will get you the thread you want immediately at the top of a Google search.

search 3.JPG

It's ok though - I had noticed you're spectacularly useless at IT so you don't need to point it out again. (And also that the thread titles can render in half)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Seems no-one here is aware of the children in need sponsorship he did down at Swansea for a brewery called Boss in Swansea.
He went the whole match with a bottle of Nutjob Peanut Butter Pale Ale balanced on his head....raised 1000's
So impressed were the taff's, they called him Beer-tricks Potter after that.

No need to Rabbit on about it. Interest will soon Peter out....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would it surprise you that I managed to find exactly the thread you were on about using the "broken" search as one of only two lines?
The search function isn't working properly. If you search for 'potter', and select 'thread titles', that thread doesn't come up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nope. I'm demonstrating that if you give a database enough information it will find what you want. It is not "broken", it's just not an optimized search engine, as I said several posts ago. I remembered that dwayne posted the thread and that our manager's full name is Graham Potter. You seem not to have. Nevertheless, if you don't know the thread starter then just filter by title only instead. The below search will get you four unique results, including the thread you're after. [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] 's suggestion will get you the thread you want immediately at the top of a Google search.

View attachment 110384

It's ok though - I had noticed you're spectacularly useless at IT so you don't need to point it out again. (And also that the thread titles can render in half)

Stop trying to be a smart arse. Firstly there should be no need to go to advance search for a simple term like "Potter". Secondly you used dwayne, the thread starter, to help your search to try and prove a point (You had an overwhelming need to cheat there). Thirdly we should not have to go outside the site to search, and lastly we have to guess what the results are in 80% of the list anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christ, the off season has well and truly kicked in. Arguments about the NSC search engine ramping up :smile:

We need rumours and signings to ramp up

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well this seems as good a Potter thread as any ...

You know we used to have the 'Gus Bus'? Well what can we have for Potter? The best I can come up with is 'All aboard the Potter Trotter', except I haven't a clue what mode of transport a 'Trotter' is. Whatever, it doesn't sound very dynamic does it? Anyone got any better ideas?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You know we used to have the 'Gus Bus'? Well what can we have for Potter? The best I can come up with is 'All aboard the Potter Trotter', except I haven't a clue what mode of transport a 'Trotter' is. Whatever, it doesn't sound very dynamic does it? Anyone got any better ideas?

Potter’s flying Stick

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

His cousin Harry did travel on the (Leon) Knight Bus...?

81984703-leavesden-uk-june-19th-2017-the-knight-bus-at-the-making-of-harry-potter-studio-tour-at-the-warner-b.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You would have thought that after all these years and now being in the Prem, and with outside users viewing this site that it would be more professional. It is fixable and most other football forums searches work, why not this one?

Yeah, why has that Premier League money not filtered down to Bozza yet

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Go to ‘advanced search’, then ‘titles’ then look for Potter......
Yes I know how to do it. And your screenshot shows it's not working, as the 'Graham Potter signs...' thread isn't there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes I know how to do it. And your screenshot shows it's not working, as the 'Graham Potter signs...' thread isn't there.

According to Guinness Boy it helps if you can remember the name of the thread starter. We shouldn't need to go Advanced on a simple search anyway and we still have to guess what the results are because of the half line displays. Two pages scrolling the results if it is there, is time consuming and not good on the eyes. It should at least be made readable.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
According to Guinness Boy it helps if you can remember the name of the thread starter. We shouldn't need to go Advanced on a simple search anyway and we still have to guess what the results are because of the half line displays. Two pages scrolling the results if it is there, is time consuming and not good on the eyes. It should at least be made readable.

Not sure if any one's mentioned this (as I couldn't be arsed to read the whole thread) but I never use the inbuilt search function, instead I use Google. If you want stuff on 'Potter' in your google search bar type:

site: www.northstandchat.com "potter"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here