D

Deleted member 2719

Ryan
Montoya - Balogun - Duffy - Bernard​
March - Propper - Bissouma​
Andone - Gross​
Murray​

Christmas Tree formation - obviously :shrug:

I would go for that, but just switch Andone up top to press Arsenal more and Murray alongside Gross so he can get more on the ball to feed Andone.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Strongly suspect it will be back to the usual CH team & tactics as its a top 6 opponent.

4-5-1 mostly with occasional 4-4-1-1 ... wide men playing very deep almost like full backs ... and lone striker somewhat isolated up front with little to no service.

That is not a criticism but a reality check .. Arsenal are a good team especially on the front foot and our normal tactic is to concede possession up to the half way line which will put Arsenal on the front foot and play to their strengths. They have a weak defence and we should try to exploit that but just dont see us being to adventurous before the 70min mark. It will be try to stay in the game and hope for a late goal to win unless we get a shock like last year when Arsenal were just rubbish on the day.

Button (if Ryan is on the plane already)
Bruno Duffy Balogun Bernado
Knocky Stephens Propper March
Gross
Murray

though would prefer Bissouma in place of Gross as he just isnt cutting it at the moment

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think I would prefer a 1-10-0 formation.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You heard it lads, we need to TAKE THE GAME TO THEM and ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK a side that is as lethal at countering as they are vulnerable to it :lolol:

Well sitting back certainly didn't work against Chelsea. Ok so in all probablility we will still get beaten, but if it has to happen I'd rather at least we gave it our best go.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
But you've decided to pick a team to play arsenal with no stephens in the side, so? How many do you want them to score?

Stephens can obviously do no wrong in your eyes, and I respect your opinion, but I don’t see him as the holy grail to stop Arsenal scoring goals and if he plays and gives the ball away as often as he did against Chelsea then we’re still likely to concede goals.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Stephens can obviously do no wrong in your eyes, and I respect your opinion, but I don’t see him as the holy grail to stop Arsenal scoring goals and if he plays and gives the ball away as often as he did against Chelsea then we’re still likely to concede goals.

Stephens is by no means the most amazing footballer, but he is the only defensive midfielder we have in our squad and I rather feel we need one against arsenal

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah sacrifice a game just to prove a point to two players who have been amongst the most impressive during our time in the Prem.

Brainless

What, so we’ll definitely win if Duffy plays? And White is terrible? What about the other 10 players? Anyway, I said ‘tempted’...grumpy bollocks! :kiss:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just hope one or both of our injured wingers are fit If March plays will begin to think he is undroppable.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If we are going to approach Arsenal the same as we did v Chelsea I don't see the point of playing Murray.
He is not a lone striker as he can't hold the ball up and has no pace for the ball over the top.

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Balogan Bernardo
Stephens
Knocky Propper Bissouma Locadia
Andone

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we are going to approach Arsenal the same as we did v Chelsea I don't see the point of playing Murray.
He is not a lone striker as he can't hold the ball up and has no pace for the ball over the top.

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Balogan Bernardo
Stephens
Knocky Propper Bissouma Locadia
Andone

I take your point, but on the other hand does anyone else actually know where the goal is? :D

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think Locadia needs just a bit of luck.

I predict he'll score against Arsenal - at least once.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What, so we’ll definitely win if Duffy plays? And White is terrible? What about the other 10 players? Anyway, I said ‘tempted’...grumpy bollocks! :kiss:

Not grumpy but it’s a pointless idea.

Both Duffy and Dunk have been very good disciplinary wise, considering how many tackles and blocks they make.... they have also been 2 of our best performers for the last two years.

Yes Duffy’s red was brainless and Dunk shouldn’t have even been sent off yesterday.

Dropping the two of them to the detriment of the team seems beyond pointless.... you’d have a point if they had a string of red card offenses and getting booked every week but that isn’t the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here