Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford / Man City

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
That was a bit manic. Kept picking seats that showed available and when put in basket it said they were not available (presumably because someone else clicked on them). Bit of a free for all but still prefer that then being stuck in a queue for ever.

Same for me. That was a bit scary. In the end I selected a close to corner seat in the hope that it would be available.

Has the process changed from last year ? I logged on at 8.50 and was not put in a queue. But the 'buy' button was pink. When 9.00 came it remained pink. I had to log out and log in again before it turned blue and I was able to buy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And when you arrive at ten to three your seat will be empty or, if not, there will be a friendly steward there ready to move along the bloke in your seat? Apart from Arse and Liverpool in 2018 and the cup semi this year I haven't been away for a few years - serious question here - it it all now different from the way it used to be wherein once inside the correct stand you sat where you wanted (apart from at Underhill)?

Going?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Same for me. That was a bit scary. In the end I selected a close to corner seat in the hope that it would be available.

Has the process changed from last year ? I logged on at 8.50 and was not put in a queue. But the 'buy' button was pink. When 9.00 came it remained pink. I had to log out and log in again before it turned blue and I was able to buy.

Might need to refresh, did the same as you but hit refresh and it worked for me. Not sure if my work computer is a minute fast and they're squeezing an extra minute's work out of me each day, but the button tends to go pink for me at 8:59 every time. Beat the rush....

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Arse - note to self - don't wait for others to confirm availability next time...

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Got one :albion2: Thanks!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly, Iast season around 50 suddenly became available about a week before the match

This is going to have to be my route for a while I think. I have a decent amount of points but my son (who was 4 when the Amex opened) does not and I want to start taking him. Strange mixture of emotions checking yesterday to know that I'd have to scramble for returns but, on the other hand, we've sold over 2k in a couple of days despite it being the same first game as last season and the subsequent away dross we served up.

Anyone got a stream? :whistle:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is going to have to be my route for a while I think. I have a decent amount of points but my son (who was 4 when the Amex opened) does not and I want to start taking him. Strange mixture of emotions checking yesterday to know that I'd have to scramble for returns but, on the other hand, we've sold over 2k in a couple of days despite it being the same first game as last season and the subsequent away dross we served up.

Problem is that you have to get his points up to your level isn't easy unless you are prepared to take him to the more difficult ones. I would expect Newcastle, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Bournemouth, Wolves and Burnley to go to low non-STH points. None of which are that appealing to take a 4 year old to. For games that initially sell out any returns will go to those in the bracket when it sells out so no good for lower points people.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Definitely keep checking the website. my wife and daughter only got a season ticket for the first time a couple of seasons ago and by picking up the odd returned ticket here and there over the first season they were very quickly into the second tier and then during the second season the first tier. It's just a question of checking it fairly regularly. Normally about a week before the match check every morning on and off and you're sure to be lucky.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Problem is that you have to get his points up to your level isn't easy unless you are prepared to take him to the more difficult ones. I would expect Newcastle, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Bournemouth, Wolves and Burnley to go to low non-STH points. None of which are that appealing to take a 4 year old to. For games that initially sell out any returns will go to those in the bracket when it sells out so no good for lower points people.

Definitely keep checking the website. my wife and daughter only got a season ticket for the first time a couple of seasons ago and by picking up the odd returned ticket here and there over the first season they were very quickly into the second tier and then during the second season the first tier. It's just a question of checking it fairly regularly. Normally about a week before the match check every morning on and off and you're sure to be lucky.

Thanks chaps.

No grousing from me on the loyalty points, I appreciate I'll have to get his points up gradually and the system generally works. It's just that given we started at Watford two seasons running and we don't have a great record I'm amazed how quick it sold out. Usually train carnage from Euston in August too. So I had Watford down as one of the "build up" games.

I'm suprised Bornemouth is expected to go to low tier as we only get about 1100. It's an easy journey and reasonable day out so that's one I had written off!

Cheers for the tips on checking back and tier levels.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thanks chaps.

No grousing from me on the loyalty points, I appreciate I'll have to get his points up gradually and the system generally works. It's just that given we started at Watford two seasons running and we don't have a great record I'm amazed how quick it sold out. Usually train carnage from Euston in August too. So I had Watford down as one of the "build up" games.

I'm suprised Bornemouth is expected to go to low tier as we only get about 1100. It's an easy journey and reasonable day out so that's one I had written off!

Cheers for the tips on checking back and tier levels.

Watford - new manager effect no doubt

Bournemouth - Tuesday night in January - doubt we will sell out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here